"Forsake not the assembling of yourselves together" - Heb. 10:25

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I was going to post but seems lenna beat me to it :)

Anyway right now whats happening to the Church in the US is nothing compared to say China/Iran where they risk their lifes to just come together.

Amen nothing else needs to be said "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching."
Blade, in Chicago the police tried to shut down the meeting. Short version- they prayed and came to the conclusion that they should go on for this was while the people were worshipping. During the worship, there came a black/white couple in ministry to the platform. Chicago police and black of color have great problems. But, the couple brought the meeting to declare love for both the police, and the black people. Then BLM people came and was shouting that blacks should be loved before police.

More prayer, worship restarted...and peace came to all the people. Much freedom in testifying and leading lives to Jesus.

I don’t believe the police wanted to shutdown the meeting, but was wanting to stall what they thought would happen. Rioting. And it didn’t.

L

lenna

Perhaps this needs to be explained more?

The gospels and possibly James was written before the Cross and His resurrection. And Pentecost had not yet happened. Which you know of course.

So the 4 gospels were written to those under law, yet they did not realize that the law was right before their eyes, living, breathing, portraying the true Spirit of law as He fulfilled every demand put on mankind.

Acts is exactly that. But culminates with Paul being free to teach the kingdom of God. The books after are the explanations of what the kingdom of God is, within man, and the power (Holy Spirit) who was then revealed in that book.

We read with these things in mind. Not that we don’t read.
the 4 gospels were written before the crucifixion? that's a new one. they all date AD...after death

James was not written to unbelievers...in v 2 of chapter 1, he calls those to whom he writes brothers and sisters and speaks of facing trials. v 9 he says this : 9 Believers in humble circumstances ought to take pride in their high position.

he is writing to believers...I know about the disagreements over when it was written...obviously after Jesus ascension of the recipients are believers. don't people pay attention to the details anymore? shrugs

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
the 4 gospels were written before the crucifixion? that's a new one. they all date AD...after death

James was not written to unbelievers...in v 2 of chapter 1, he calls those to whom he writes brothers and sisters and speaks of facing trials. v 9 he says this : 9 Believers in humble circumstances ought to take pride in their high position.

he is writing to believers...I know about the disagreements over when it was written...obviously after Jesus ascension of the recipients are believers. don't people pay attention to the details anymore? shrugs
Thank you for the correction.

“The gospels and possibly James was written before the Cross and His resurrection. And Pentecost had not yet happened. Which you know of course. “

The above is what I wrote. And my point was Pentecost had not yet happened.

After Pentecost, the church is birthed or more to what is correct....the body of Christ is birthed. Born of Spirit. Baptized by Jesus, the result tongues of fire, the new spiritual man.

The 4 gospels record the works and sayings of Jesus to Israel and to His disciples. Under law yet.

Acts records Pentecost and happenings afterwards. Then Paul receives the revelation of grace which is twofold. Most only think grace is unmerited favor, the gift of God, but is also Holy Spirit within and His giftings.

Again, it’s wisdom to read in this light of understanding.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
The early Christians had the burden of spreading the brand new unknown Gospel unto the entire world unlike today's age where many people are Christians already and everyone in America is aware of Christianity. As such, we don't have a pressing need to congregate like the early Christians did. I am all for congregation, but if I am forbidden by the authorities from congregating, I don't believe we have this "do or die" need to congregate that early Christians did have, thanks to God's grace upon us today.

Godspeed.
I am not sure that we can dismiss certain scriptures because the cultural landscape has changed.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
Well, it looks to me like they did explain the gospel within their church meetings too. Though as you say, they also did much evangelization outside of the church too - which I'm sure helped to bring a lot more to Christ than if they hadn't done so. I can see evidences of Paul's warning Christians against falling away from Christ, too, numbers of times throughout his books addressed to churches and written throughout much of the New Testament. He also explained how to remain firm in the faith. Below, are some verses I can look up and post, that would give proof, I feel, that the gospel was also taught by Christians in their worship gatherings:

Rom 10:9-10

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
KJV

1 Cor 14:22-25

22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

23 If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?

24 But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:

25 And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.
KJV
Above, he explained that the gift of tongues was to be used primarily for speaking to unbelievers outside of the church. And that spiritual teachings within the church, should be understandable and beneficial both to believers and unbelievers who might be present. Though it's true, the majority would be Christians in the church - that's true.
You will note that the book of Romans is written to the believers. Rom 1:7 to all those who are in Rome, beloved of God, called-out saints: Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Corinthians was a letter written to the Corinthian church. 1Co 1:2 to the assembly of God which is in Corinth, those having been sanctified in Christ Jesus, called-out saints, with all those calling on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ in every place, both theirs and ours:

I think you will find that some unbelievers may attend but the focus was not the unbelievers. The instruction was always to the called-out ones. Teaching the believers the truth can invariably incorporate what the gospel is.

However, thank you for your comments.

Jan 25, 2015
The early Christians had the burden of spreading the brand new unknown Gospel unto the entire world unlike today's age where many people are Christians already and everyone in America is aware of Christianity. As such, we don't have a pressing need to congregate like the early Christians did. I am all for congregation, but if I am forbidden by the authorities from congregating, I don't believe we have this "do or die" need to congregate that early Christians did have, thanks to God's grace upon us today.

Godspeed.
Brand spanking new...

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
You will note that the book of Romans is written to the believers. Rom 1:7 to all those who are in Rome, beloved of God, called-out saints: Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Corinthians was a letter written to the Corinthian church. 1Co 1:2 to the assembly of God which is in Corinth, those having been sanctified in Christ Jesus, called-out saints, with all those calling on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ in every place, both theirs and ours:

I think you will find that some unbelievers may attend but the focus was not the unbelievers. The instruction was always to the called-out ones. Teaching the believers the truth can invariably incorporate what the gospel is.

However, thank you for your comments.
As I said, yes the letters were mostly to the churches, as most of their members were Christians. Yet, they were young Christians. And so they still needed to be warned against falling away, and about how to prevent that. I've seen that numerous times, throughout the New Testament books after the gospel books. So that kind of instruction is also helpful for showing the way of salvation to an unbeliever, or one who has never heard the gospel. They didn't have the whole Bible, back then, yet - true. Yet I still feel I see evidence that all important spiritual subjects were covered in preaching done in the churches in New Testament times. Also, now that the whole Bible is available, at least especially in the USA, I believe all Christians are obligated to God, to go through the whole Bible together, since God made the Bible for us to be using for our good.

2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

2 Tim 4:1-4
4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
KJV
Thanks for your comments, too. Have a good day!

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
Yes, it seems there are many different ways the "Abomination of Desolation" is defined. I believe the "abomination of desolation" is making the Spirit of Christ that works in the believer to both will and empower the believer to perform the pleasure of God making our load lighter "without effect". ( Philippians 2:13 )

When the faithless Jews gathered themselves together because of their jealousy of the surrounding pagan nations .They demanded that Samuel make the faith of Christ unseen work in men of desolate. They had no interest in the unseen things of God and declared the pagan foundation. The Bible calls them Fools . . no God in their hard hearts. "Out of sight out of mind ".or in other word .Who believes in things not seen with the human eye, fairy tales etc..

The Holy Spirit informed Samuel the prophet. It was not him they were rejecting making his authority desolate asking or king. But the unseen King of kings and Lord of lord.

1 Samuel 8: 6-7 But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the Lord. And the Lord said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

They refused to walk by faith the unseen eternal, again making the unseen faith that works in mankind desolate by insisting they walk by sight.

When the first century reformation came it restored the government back to the time period of Judges as prophet apostles men and woman preaching the good ness .

The building that housed the abomination of desolation (kings in Israel) a temple made with human hand was declared desolate .Therefore making that abomination of desolation itself as a whole made desolate. The king and the temple

Mathew 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Catholiscim fills that place. Not with kings but what they call Patron saints and the Bible names workers with familiar spirits. The foundation of necromancy. Communication with familiar spirits of the dead.

They have today over 3500 available with idols images needed to but a face on the legion. Rachel hid her teraphim from her father . King Saul when God stopped speaking to Him sought after Samuel who was dead.

King Josiah under the influence of faith as it is written the the bible. Which is called the book of the law . It did make the abomination that made the power of scripture usurping the authority of our Father in heaven not seen

2 Kings 23:24 Moreover the workers with familiar spirits, and the wizards, and the images, and the idols, and all the abominations that were spied in the land of Judah and in Jerusalem, did Josiah put away, that he might perform the words of the law which were written in the book that Hilkiah the priest found in the house of the Lord.

The abomination of desolation is simply making the word of God without effect .Giving the unseen faith of Christ to the things seen .

The cause of the fall. Did God say you shall surely die????? You shall surely not die look at me and live. And the unseen Glory of God was made desolate. And mankind could see with their own eyes they were naked.
I looked online now to see what online Bible commentators said on the subject of the "Abomination of desolation" - and as always, I usually trust Matthew Henry's Commentary the most. He agreed with you in that the abomination of desolation seems to be referring to an event that took place not long after Jesus mentioned it. So I guess you're (and Matthew Henry) were probably correct about that. Though I don't know what you are referring to, by the phrase about returning back to the time of the judges.

In any case, that chapter in which Jesus mentioned the Abomination of Desolation, does end up with referring to very end time events. So the covering of the subject of end time events (Jesus said it was already "end times" - so from then to the very end can be said to all be "the end times." It covered it in just a small paragraph - sometimes prophecy does that - I've noticed.

Yes, the Catholics are a false religion and pray to idols which is of course - heresy. But all false religions and unbelievers of the world, throughout history, are represented by "the harlot of Babylon" spoken of in Revelation. I know of ancient Christians who also understood it to mean that. Though I know there have also been those who thought it just referred exclusively to the Catholics.

Israel has throughout Bible history, had many hypocritical followers of God, and some times, great numbers of them. The same is true of Christianity throughout the world in modern times. There are many religious people who claim to follow God, but are hypocritical, and do not really have relationships with God. Which is why many will be sadly found to be "goats" on judgment day - Matthew 25 - sheep and goats parable. Though there's always a small percentage throughout history, who have sincerely served God and belonged to Him - so that the combined number will be a large one, according to the book of Revelation.

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014

Godspeed.
Well to me, it seems more reasonable to assume that the urging to not forsake the assembling together, applies today, too. Though I agree with you that it doesn't have to be a large type of gathering or in church buildings in all cases. House churches are fine, if that is what one is most benefited by. But for some, attending a larger gathering or in a church building may be what is most available to them - and also have some benefits that house churches are less able to have - that some might be better off having. I believe one's should continue attending whatever types of worship gatherings as they feel God's Spirit indicating that they should be attending on a regular basis, and should not be willing to quit, without His leading to not do so. They shouldn't put their fear of people above what they feel in their heart that God wants them to continue to do. But I see the danger that many will find themselves putting their fear of man ahead of God's leading in this.

It's true that some Christians in some cases must be rather alone at least for a time, such as was the case with John the Baptist. But the general way the scriptures indicate should be used, if possible - is that of fellowshipping regularly with others. That's the example I see by all the house churches throughout the New Testament. And about the New Testament showing that they were in the habit of meeting together regularly.

I know there are many house churches in China, and am sure that is a good thing. But to be a light on a hill - as Jesus said it - I think it looks like a good thing for public churches to continue too - until or unless there gets to be too much persecution to where it's clear they are better off worshiping more privately.

We are not to live just for ourselves and for the Lord - at least it's not the best. God wants us to be of spiritual benefit one to another among Christians - as can be seen by reading the lists of spiritual gifts that should be used by believers (all having different gifts) - in Romans 12 and I Corinthians 12.

Eph 5:19

19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
KJV

1 Cor 14:3

3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.
KJV

1 Thess 5:11

11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
KJV

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
isn't the 2 or 3 gathered about taking a brother to task about a matter ?
True. But one should be careful not to choose safety above doing God's will for one's life. In other words, always put God's will first in life, and be careful prayerfully not to be overly swayed by one's emotions. God has used all kinds of gatherings - types of worship. But we must make sure to let God guide us - not our feelings, as feelings are often deceptive.

Mar 28, 2016
I looked online now to see what online Bible commentators said on the subject of the "Abomination of desolation" - and as always, I usually trust Matthew Henry's Commentary the most. He agreed with you in that the abomination of desolation seems to be referring to an event that took place not long after Jesus mentioned it. So I guess you're (and Matthew Henry) were probably correct about that. Though I don't know what you are referring to, by the phrase about returning back to the time of the judges.

In any case, that chapter in which Jesus mentioned the Abomination of Desolation, does end up with referring to very end time events. So the covering of the subject of end time events (Jesus said it was already "end times" - so from then to the very end can be said to all be "the end times." It covered it in just a small paragraph - sometimes prophecy does that - I've noticed.

Yes, the Catholics are a false religion and pray to idols which is of course - heresy. But all false religions and unbelievers of the world, throughout history, are represented by "the harlot of Babylon" spoken of in Revelation. I know of ancient Christians who also understood it to mean that. Though I know there have also been those who thought it just referred exclusively to the Catholics.

Israel has throughout Bible history, had many hypocritical followers of God, and some times, great numbers of them. The same is true of Christianity throughout the world in modern times. There are many religious people who claim to follow God, but are hypocritical, and do not really have relationships with God. Which is why many will be sadly found to be "goats" on judgment day - Matthew 25 - sheep and goats parable. Though there's always a small percentage throughout history, who have sincerely served God and belonged to Him - so that the combined number will be a large one, according to the book of Revelation.
Its an event that continues to occur.

The word abomination of desolation is not a time sensitive word. It is the sin of blasphemy which is attributing the unseen work of God who is not seen to the creature seen.

It occurs every time a person makes the faith that comes from hearing God that works in those who do believe to no effect. It is the foundation of Paganism no god in ones heart. Out of sight out of mind.

It first occurred in the garden using a creature who it seem had it legs removed taking away it ability to walk .Walking throughout the bible is used as a synonym or metaphor for understanding.

When God again not seen instructed mankind as to the letter of the law (death) You shall surely die . Satan described as beautiful put his words in the mouth of a create seen And said in effect; "look at me and live". Making the faith of God; "thou shall not eat to no effect". The unseen glory of God departed. Mankind began dying, corruption had begun it course of sufferings unto death..

In that way we understand that God is not served by the creature. He set up a cerinimoinal law to help aid in understanding . Using clean animals "lamb" to represent the redeemed and and unclean a "Ass" to represent natural man not redeemed. With any cerinimoinal law as a shadow he gives us a example the shadow becoming the substance.

The false apostle Balaam who was in the process of blaspheming God by submitting to the pagan form of government in order to curse Israel. He was stopped dead in his tracks as God put his words on the lips of a Donkey again to represent a unbeliever pining his foot taking away his ability to walk. You could say just like he did with the serpent . No walking no understanding coming from God.

Numbers 22:25 And when the ass saw the angel of the Lord, she thrust herself unto the wall, and crushed Balaam's foot against the wall: and he smote her again. And the angel of the Lord went further, and stood in a narrow place, where was no way to turn either to the right hand or to the left. And when the ass saw the angel of the Lord, she fell down under Balaam: and Balaam's anger was kindled, and he smote the ass with a staff. And the Lord opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times? And Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee.

An Ass is used that same way throughout the bible to indicate unbelief . Those who do not walk by faith the unseen eternal. They make the word of God desolate.

The abomination temporal corrupted things seen in the place of the unseen eternal.

Mar 28, 2016
True. But one should be careful not to choose safety above doing God's will for one's life. In other words, always put God's will first in life, and be careful prayerfully not to be overly swayed by one's emotions. God has used all kinds of gatherings - types of worship. But we must make sure to let God guide us - not our feelings, as feelings are often deceptive.
Yes the gathering does not have to do with the things seen, things of men . it can be beneficial but is not the reason to gather together. . . to look at one another.

I would suggest the things not seen the eternal are in mind.

For instance in James the Holy Spirit speaks of the kind of religion acceptable to Him. The gospel.

The gospel takes care of the worldly needs and mixes in the hearing of faith, the spiritual need.

James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Using the fatherless or orphans to represent no Father in heaven and widows as those not married to Christ our husband .

Widows the unmarried according to the flesh are those who are not in union to Christ. When a single becomes a believer it takes away from the idea they are still not married. And those who have lost a spouse become widows in a fleshly way.
In many cases they can not work to gather themselves . It is one of the ministries that does suffer to today

Exodus 22:24 And my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless.

Job 22:9 Thou hast sent widows away empty, and the arms of the fatherless have been broken.

Psalm 68:5 A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation.

Lamentations 5:3 We are orphans and fatherless, our mothers are as widows.

L

lenna

Thank you for the correction.

“The gospels and possibly James was written before the Cross and His resurrection. And Pentecost had not yet happened. Which you know of course. “

The above is what I wrote. And my point was Pentecost had not yet happened.

After Pentecost, the church is birthed or more to what is correct....the body of Christ is birthed. Born of Spirit. Baptized by Jesus, the result tongues of fire, the new spiritual man.

The 4 gospels record the works and sayings of Jesus to Israel and to His disciples. Under law yet.

Acts records Pentecost and happenings afterwards. Then Paul receives the revelation of grace which is twofold. Most only think grace is unmerited favor, the gift of God, but is also Holy Spirit within and His giftings.

Again, it’s wisdom to read in this light of understanding.

well of course Pentecost had not yet happened...not sue why this is somehow a point?

the New Covenant had not yet been ushered in, but people need to remember that Jesus also gave two what he referred to as 'new commandments' and they are actually the fulfillment of the entire 'law'. as we still obey the commandments, what has changed? we cannot obey in perfection, but we obey through the Spirit of God who renews and regenerates our 'heart'

the law was a shadow of what was to come, so this continually telling people the gospels are 'under the law' as some do here, is not actually accurate. Jesus forgave a good number of people of their sins without sacrificing any animals and alot more can be said of that

wisdom does not come from too much reading about what others think because Jesus was Jewish

wisdom comes from God and if anyone lacks wisdom, they should ask it of him but with faith

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
The gospels weren’t under the law. The people were.

You continue to misunderstand what’s being said. At least what I said.

It’s wise to understand the time period and what was going on. The church was not birthed until Pentecost, and Pentecost is when people came out from the law and began to live, move, and have their (our) very being in Jesus Christ. The King of our hearts who reign on earth no longer as men who need controlled by laws, but live in the Spirit. Holy Spirit.

Until we know who we are, we are up and down in snippets of truth here and there. Mixing the two trees of the garden of Adam and Eve.

Trying to be good people while all the time that tree of knowing good and evil has been uprooted so we can live in the tree of life. Just like Jesus. That’s what He wants. For all of His body to come out from old ways of thought to the newness of Holy Spirit. For His body to move as One.

It’s all there in Paul’s writings. And it’s starting to happen.

L

lenna

"stonesoffire, post: 4377050, member: 181848"]The gospels weren’t under the law. The people were.

You continue to misunderstand what’s being said. At least what I said.

it's the way you say it. take a look at your wording. however, I agree with your opening 'salvo' here

It’s wise to understand the time period and what was going on. The church was not birthed until Pentecost, and Pentecost is when people came out from the law and began to live, move, and have their (our) very being in Jesus Christ. The King of our hearts who reign on earth no longer as men who need controlled by laws, but live in the Spirit. Holy Spirit.

I have both studied and experienced Pentecost in all the fullness of the Holy Spirit. you can probably stop explaining it to me

Until we know who we are, we are up and down in snippets of truth here and there. Mixing the two trees of the garden of Adam and Eve.

I'm not mixing any trees but I do shake a few nuts out of them from time to time ;)

Trying to be good people while all the time that tree of knowing good and evil has been uprooted so we can live in the tree of life. Just like Jesus. That’s what He wants. For all of His body to come out from old ways of thought to the newness of Holy Spirit. For His body to move as One.

It’s all there in Paul’s writings. And it’s starting to happen.

what is starting to happen in your understanding?

L

lenna

well actually it pretty much is, but his application goes much farther

covered that one on the first page of this thread

the principal that Jesus is with His own as they gather together is true, so berating anyone who uses that verse as proof is only half true

I think the 2 or 3 as witness refer to the fact scripture indicates one person cannot accuse as it is word against word...I believe I stated such back somewhere in this thread

but I understand why you said no...on principal I also say no

L

lenna

As I said, yes the letters were mostly to the churches, as most of their members were Christians. Yet, they were young Christians. And so they still needed to be warned against falling away, and about how to prevent that. I've seen that numerous times, throughout the New Testament books after the gospel books. So that kind of instruction is also helpful for showing the way of salvation to an unbeliever, or one who has never heard the gospel. They didn't have the whole Bible, back then, yet - true. Yet I still feel I see evidence that all important spiritual subjects were covered in preaching done in the churches in New Testament times. Also, now that the whole Bible is available, at least especially in the USA, I believe all Christians are obligated to God, to go through the whole Bible together, since God made the Bible for us to be using for our good.

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

KJV

4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
KJV

yes

much of the New Testament, the letters as you refer to them, were written for correction and instruction. encouragement also included but not the main purpose it would seem

great verses you included in that post pertaining to what you said

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013

KJV

KJV
Also, now that the whole Bible is available, at least especially in the USA, I believe all Christians are obligated to God, to go through the whole Bible together, since God made the Bible for us to be using for our good.

I concur as they say in films about the navy. I have been remiss in my studies of the Old Testament, but I am rectifying that now as I am making a study of salient points and times that are at the core of what the OT teaches not only to Jews but as a background to understanding the New Testament. My eyes have been opened and I understand the prophets more as a result.