[/td]
| 1 |
| Why do the nations rage And the peoples meditate on a vain thing? |
| 2 |
| The kings of the earth take their stand And the rulers take counsel together Against Yahweh and against His Anointed, saying, |
| 3 |
| “Let us tear their fetters apart And cast away their cords from us!” |
| 4 |
| He who sits in the heavens laughs, The Lord mocks them. |
| 5 |
| Then He speaks to them in His anger And terrifies them in His fury, saying, |
| 6 |
| “But as for Me, I have installed My King Upon Zion, My holy mountain.” |
| 7 |
| “I will surely tell of the decree of Yahweh: He said to Me, ‘You are My Son, Today I have begotten You. |
| 8 |
| Ask of Me, and I will surely give the nations as Your inheritance, And the ends of the earth as Your possession. |
| 9 |
| You shall break them with a rod of iron, You shall shatter them like a potter’s vessel.’” |
| 10 |
| So now, O kings, show insight; Take warning, O judges of the earth. |
| 11 |
| Serve Yahweh with fear And rejoice with trembling. |
| 12 |
| Kiss the Son, lest He become angry, and you perish in the way, For His wrath may soon be kindled. How blessed are all who take refuge in Him! |