French air crash appears to have been deliberate; Co-pilot killed 150 people

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Hmm............Should read: Co-Pilot murdered 149 people, and committed suicide.

vic1980

Apr 25, 2013
I would suggest prayers ,that The Lord will give comfort and peace, to the beloved family members of this tragedy.

Shalom

Feb 24, 2015
The truth - terrorism made this situation happen. For years pilots have lost it, had heart attacks, nervous breakdowns etc. but there was always another pilot ready to take over. Now because of terrorism, if one pilot goes nuts and has 5+ minutes to bring the plane down they can, because to stop terrorists a pilot can lock the door to the cockpit for 5 minutes.

This is why we do not know how many other incidents with other nuts pilots have happened because the flight crews have dealt with them successfully. The industry does not want to say how regular this is, because simply it would undermine a very safe way of travelling, which is stunningly successful. This accident therefore results from the problem of restricting access to a highly dangerous area for good reason, but enabling another problem to exploit it.

I remember the story of a pilot who let their daughter into the pilots seat, and was not supervised while she pressed the buttons. She caused the auto pilot to switch off, and plunged the plane into a massive dive. The pilot fought to get back to the seat and pull the plane out of the dive but too late, and all were killed.

Jumping to the terrorist conspiracy theory all the time unfortunately is just paranoia and dishonours the good things you stand for.

V

Viligant_Warrior

Peter ...

Good points. I think it is necessary to have the locking cockpit door, however. Had the 9/11 pilots been able to lock down the flight deck, there would have been deaths from the terrorists going nuts killing people near the front as they tried to force the pilots to open the door. My belief is, after the initial shock, some of the passengers would have overpowered them -- each plane had five terrorists, except for Flight 93. That's the one Moussaoui was supposed to be aboard.

No one on this board jumped to conclusions that I saw. To be sure, some of the news media did, particularly in Europe. Here, we discussed possibilities. From the beginning, I said it was either terrorism, or insanity. Appears it may have been a borderline case of the latter.

Germanwings co-pilot hid illness, may have just broken up with girlfriend

The co-pilot who authorities say deliberately crashed a Germanwings plane into the French Alps, killing all 150 aboard, was reportedly receiving medical treatment that he hid from his employer and may have just gone through a breakup with his girlfriend, according to new developments that emerged on Friday.

Co-pilot Andreas Lubitz appears to have kept evidence of an illness from his employers, including a doctor’s note excusing him from work the day he crashed a passenger plane into a mountain, prosecutors said Friday.
My question is why Lufthansa's flight surgeon is depending on the airline employee to deliver a "doctor's note" rather than notifying the chief pilot for the airline that Lubitz is unfit to fly? To me, that's the most bizarre factoid I've heard to far.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
The truth - terrorism made this situation happen. For years pilots have lost it, had heart attacks, nervous breakdowns etc. but there was always another pilot ready to take over. Now because of terrorism, if one pilot goes nuts and has 5+ minutes to bring the plane down they can, because to stop terrorists a pilot can lock the door to the cockpit for 5 minutes.

This is why we do not know how many other incidents with other nuts pilots have happened because the flight crews have dealt with them successfully. The industry does not want to say how regular this is, because simply it would undermine a very safe way of travelling, which is stunningly successful. This accident therefore results from the problem of restricting access to a highly dangerous area for good reason, but enabling another problem to exploit it.

I remember the story of a pilot who let their daughter into the pilots seat, and was not supervised while she pressed the buttons. She caused the auto pilot to switch off, and plunged the plane into a massive dive. The pilot fought to get back to the seat and pull the plane out of the dive but too late, and all were killed.

Jumping to the terrorist conspiracy theory all the time unfortunately is just paranoia and dishonours the good things you stand for.

Ok, I'm confused. Do you believe this was a terrorist act? Or not? Everything they have learned of this guy seems to prove it was not a terrorist act under the usual definition for "terrorist act" today. That being an act motivated by Religious or Political ideology.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013

Don't discount ISLAMIC TERRORISM just yet!

GERMAN NEWS REPORT: Co-Pilot of Germanwings Airbus Was MUSLIM CONVERT …’Hero of Islamic State’? | The Gateway Pundit

V

Viligant_Warrior

Here's a link to an English translation of the original article. Stunning. Unfortunately, not all that surprising. Dang, I hate being right about stuff like this!

The co-pilot of the Germanwings Airbus was a convert to Islam

According to Michael Mannheimer, a writer for German PI-News, Germany now has its own 9/11, thanks to the convert to Islam, Andreas Lubitz.

Translation from German:

All evidence indicates that the copilot of Airbus machine in his six-months break during his training as a pilot in Germanwings, converted to Islam and subsequently either by the order of "radical", ie. devout Muslims , or received the order from the book of terror, the Quran, on his own accord decided to carry out this mass murder. As a radical mosque in Bremen is in the center of the investigation, in which the convert was staying often, it can be assumed that he - as Mohammed Atta, in the attack against New York - received his instructions directly from the immediate vicinity of the mosque.
The "significant discovery" appears, from what admittedly is only speculaton, to be information regarding his conversion. Wow.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2015
A depressed person does crazy things. Whether he was a "terrorist" or not, he was a nutcase.

The point I was making is by changing things to avoid terrorism, you can make certain other types of situation more likely.

The problem is how can injustice in one area of the world justify murder and mayhem in another part of the world.
The conceptual jump is guilt by association or where you were born. It is this idea, a conspiracy of evil, rather than the truth of a few nutcases creating an idea, murdering a few people and claiming they are the victims carrying out justice against the oppressor. Because the idea is simple, the internet passes it on quickly and those unhappy with things were they live claim celebrity status by acting out the story. The 15 minutes in the spot light has become the 15 minutes of suicide in the "heroic" war.

The counter narrative I see is just telling the story of ordinary people connected by ordinary lives across the world and no great conspiracies etc taking place. The alternative is much much worse than these nut cases have done.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
There is no report from the US media.......ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, FOX to any of this.............am I the only one that finds that odd? As well, the Authorities in Germany and France are not running with this story. Isn't that odd?

As for what radical Islamic extremist groups claim, so what? They aren't a credible source to begin with.

I would still not buy what is being reported trying to make this guy a terrorist...........wait until ALL of the facts are in, and the full story is revealed. All the evidence the German Authorities have recovered reveals this guy to have SOME KIND of Medical issue, and that he was under a Doctors care. Mental or otherwise............

No horn tooting yet, there will be time for that if it proves to be true. Did we NOT learn anything from Ferguson, Mo.?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
There is no report from the US media.......ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, FOX to any of this.............am I the only one that finds that odd? As well, the Authorities in Germany and France are not running with this story. Isn't that odd?

As for what radical Islamic extremist groups claim, so what? They aren't a credible source to begin with.

I would still not buy what is being reported trying to make this guy a terrorist...........wait until ALL of the facts are in, and the full story is revealed. All the evidence the German Authorities have recovered reveals this guy to have SOME KIND of Medical issue, and that he was under a Doctors care. Mental or otherwise............

No horn tooting yet, there will be time for that if it proves to be true. Did we NOT learn anything from Ferguson, Mo.?

I would not toot my horn for any reason with a tragedy like this, and I'm not certain the story of his conversion to islam is true. Having said that, if it is true it is VERY important to dwell on it so that it becomes crystal clear to even the low info person to KNOW that Islam is of the devil.

Dec 12, 2013
Look....no matter which side this falls on I bet the people aboard the plane were TERRIFIED when they realized that the plane was going to smoke the mountain.......Suicide, Whack Job or Terrorist the end result was terror and mass murder.........