Friends In Need Of Prayer

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ConfirmByDoing

One with Him
Mar 15, 2025
215
82
28
54
North Carolina, United States
I'm asking for prayers on behalf of a couple of friends I work with. They are both having a difficult time with their marriages.

One was on the verge of divorce, and he was depressed to the point of having really bad thoughts. But he has gotten back into reading the Bible and attending Church. And the Lord blessed him by things taking a positive turn. But he's missed a few services and that progress has now stalled. I've invited him back to Church this Sunday in hopes that he'll be reminded who's really in charge. (Proverbs 21:1)

He's obviously asking for restoration in his marriage to go along with a more stable financial situation. But please pray for him to understand his relationship with our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ will need to be his most important

My other friend just came to me last week about his marriage. We often talk about the Bible, iron sharpens iron... so on. I've known him for a while now and never thought there was a problem. I consider him a good friend and don't have as much detail here.

Prayers for him, I think, need to focus on gaining a better understanding of what exactly the struggle is centered around. And of course better communication leading to resolution

And please pray for their wives too. For love, understanding, forgiveness and a heart for reconciliation.

And I'll take some prayers too. I've also had a personal struggle lately with not keeping the Lord first. Also, work is about to get hectic. Prayers for me... I need to be able to keep the Lord first in my life when He blesses me with the right people and situations. Maintaining my focus on Him, and remain a good ambassador for His Kingdom. I know what these prayers will mean. Building integrity and character means testing. And in Him is where I'll find the strength needed.

Thank you
 
GFHlItnXkAAOdcd.jpg
Let us pray that the Holy Spirit comes upon these troublesome family issues.
I pray God's love spills over into their lives, and the problems are reconciled with
love and harmony.
'Amen'
man-praying - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
 
Update on one of my work friends with more details....

He called me yesterday saying things are not going well. He said he can't figure out why. I keep telling him to get back to the Lord but he's not sure that will help. He's saying it's very difficult to think..."what if it doesn't help?" I keep telling him it's not going well without the Lord, and you know He's the answer. But he struggling with fear and doubt, which is the enemy of faith. Which means the enemy is all up in his head. He needed serious prayer at that moment.

Then it gets worse for him. He doesn't make it to work today and now I'm concerned for him. I then get a text from him while I'm at work asking to talk. I take my lunch, and call him. One of his kids is now telling him about his wife already dating other men. So she's telling the kids about this but not telling him. And this is during a time when they were going on the "right" direction. Her reassuring him through affection. So he's not doing well right now. He knows I'm sharing this here and is asking for prayers on how to proceed. And I'm reminding him to seek the Lord either way for direction on how to handle this. And I'm going to try and bring him to Church with me again and set up some counseling for him.

And I decided to dig a little during that conversation I had with him today. Is there something I'm missing? Why has this turned so badly between a Christian couple? So I asked, what are you not telling me? There has to be something else right? He said they've argued a lot about something in the past. I asked what about? He said he's always had this mentality that he's always right. I said, so how long has this been an issue? For a very long time, he says. So she's apparently grown numb to always thinking her opinion doesn't matter. But I still don't think he understands. He kept saying that she still shouldn't act this way. I told him, I'm not defending her actions now, but I can't exactly blame her for becoming distant. I told him he needs to hear the truth. He's completely missing the underlying issues here. Not trusting our Lord first of all, but then ignoring another key root cause. Which is a huge one... what does your partner think?

And I must admit, I began to see where I went wrong with my personal issue with a close friend of mine. My best friend actually. The level is conviction I found myself under while I was ministering to my work friend actually brought me to tears. And I could barely finish giving him my thoughts on his marriage. I mean it hit me so hard, I'm glad I was on lunch. The Lord hit so hard with this, I felt the uncontrollable urge to reach out to my best friend to confess my sin of not understanding the level of hurt I'd cause her. She hasn't liked talking to me lately. And I got to say, not only can I see why...I can now feel why. My heart was in real pain while I imagined what it must have been like for her to hurt... and as she saw it was not hurting me the same way. The floodgates opened up and the Lord let me have it right then and there.

Anyway..thank you for those that have prayed and to those who will keep praying. Father, I pray for all of the marriages and close relationships right now that we don't take one another for granted. And we continue looking to You for all answers with how to care for each other. In Jesus name, Amen!
 
Update on one of my work friends with more details....

He called me yesterday saying things are not going well. He said he can't figure out why. I keep telling him to get back to the Lord but he's not sure that will help. He's saying it's very difficult to think..."what if it doesn't help?" I keep telling him it's not going well without the Lord, and you know He's the answer. But he struggling with fear and doubt, which is the enemy of faith. Which means the enemy is all up in his head. He needed serious prayer at that moment.

Then it gets worse for him. He doesn't make it to work today and now I'm concerned for him. I then get a text from him while I'm at work asking to talk. I take my lunch, and call him. One of his kids is now telling him about his wife already dating other men. So she's telling the kids about this but not telling him. And this is during a time when they were going on the "right" direction. Her reassuring him through affection. So he's not doing well right now. He knows I'm sharing this here and is asking for prayers on how to proceed. And I'm reminding him to seek the Lord either way for direction on how to handle this. And I'm going to try and bring him to Church with me again and set up some counseling for him.

And I decided to dig a little during that conversation I had with him today. Is there something I'm missing? Why has this turned so badly between a Christian couple? So I asked, what are you not telling me? There has to be something else right? He said they've argued a lot about something in the past. I asked what about? He said he's always had this mentality that he's always right. I said, so how long has this been an issue? For a very long time, he says. So she's apparently grown numb to always thinking her opinion doesn't matter. But I still don't think he understands. He kept saying that she still shouldn't act this way. I told him, I'm not defending her actions now, but I can't exactly blame her for becoming distant. I told him he needs to hear the truth. He's completely missing the underlying issues here. Not trusting our Lord first of all, but then ignoring another key root cause. Which is a huge one... what does your partner think?

And I must admit, I began to see where I went wrong with my personal issue with a close friend of mine. My best friend actually. The level is conviction I found myself under while I was ministering to my work friend actually brought me to tears. And I could barely finish giving him my thoughts on his marriage. I mean it hit me so hard, I'm glad I was on lunch. The Lord hit so hard with this, I felt the uncontrollable urge to reach out to my best friend to confess my sin of not understanding the level of hurt I'd cause her. She hasn't liked talking to me lately. And I got to say, not only can I see why...I can now feel why. My heart was in real pain while I imagined what it must have been like for her to hurt... and as she saw it was not hurting me the same way. The floodgates opened up and the Lord let me have it right then and there.

Anyway..thank you for those that have prayed and to those who will keep praying. Father, I pray for all of the marriages and close relationships right now that we don't take one another for granted. And we continue looking to You for all answers with how to care for each other. In Jesus name, Amen!
God bless !!