Friends of Abiding

  • Thread starter Thread starter AbidingsDaughter
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
My prayers are with you and your family. I'm sorry to hear he has passed on. But encouraged that he passed on to glory in Christ. Abiding was such an encourager to myself and many others. Look forward to seeing you in heaven dear brother!
 
I am sorry to hear that. He is a beacon of hope and Light and he will be sorely missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours.
 
The Bible writer Paul offered hope of relief from that “last enemy,” death. He wrote: “Death is to be brought to nothing.” “The last enemy to be abolished is death.” (1 Corinthians 15:26, The New English Bible) Why could Paul be so sure of that? Because he had been taught by one who had been raised from the dead, Jesus Christ. (Acts 9:3-19) That is also why Paul could write: “Since death is through a man [Adam], resurrection of the dead is also through a man [Jesus Christ]. For just as in Adam all are dying, so also in the Christ all will be made alive.”—1 Corinthians 15:21, 22.
Jesus was deeply grieved when he met a widow of Nain and saw her dead son. The Bible account tells us: “As [Jesus] got near the gate of the city [Nain], why, look! there was a dead man being carried out, the only-begotten son of his mother. Besides, she was a widow. A considerable crowd from the city was also with her. And when the Lord caught sight of her, he was moved with pity for her, and he said to her: ‘Stop weeping.’ With that he approached and touched the bier, and the bearers stood still, and he said: ‘Young man, I say to you, Get up!’ And the dead man sat up and started to speak, and he gave him to his mother. Now fear seized them all, and they began to glorify God, saying: ‘A great prophet has been raised up among us,’ and, ‘God has turned his attention to his people.’” Notice how Jesus was moved with pity, so that he resurrected the widow’s son! Imagine what that portends for the future!—Luke 7:12-16. Jesus is still deeply saddened by the death of our dear love ones.
 
I would dearly like to send flowers for Mike's funeral. Please if you know the arrangements let me know so I can do this through intaflora. I am in Australia and have had many private chats with Mike. His house will always be a wonderful memory of him. As I previously said, I would like to send flowers. God bless Tatu
 
Sad to hear the news, he was a really sincere guy. Used to always see him in the Bible Chat room, always spoke the truth about God. Abiding's keep strong, he lived in the Lord so his years were filled with joy.
 
Last edited:
I heard about the news sometime yesterday. It just completely shocked me. I didn't talk to Abiding that often, but he was always kind, always loving, no matter who it was on here. I praise God for the new life Abiding has in heaven with Him, but we'll miss him here on Earth.
 
He was the funniest poster on this site.
He had a heart after God, he always gave everyone the benefit of the doubt.
He had a gift for pictures with captions.
I can't count the # of times he made me bust out laughing.
I loved him.

I know he is with his great shepherd.
The King James says "there will be many mansions", but the greek doesn't say that.
It says 'abode'.
I know beloved Abiding is in the abode of the breast(heart) of Christ.
I know he is in the spiritual body of Christ.
- It is sad for me, for us;......but praise God for him!
Way to go Abiding! That's total grace!
Hallelujah!
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: loveme1
May God put His loving arms around you and the family at this sad time. God is the God of Peace and may He pour the Peace down on you. xxxx
 
  • Like
Reactions: loveme1
Yes, so many paying respects to good ole abidingsquirrelhouse, whom, I never even seen username's of until now.
That's great, how Mike touched so many's lives, he truly believed in knowing more about God, highly inquisitive of God's words and challenged others on those words but did so, always, with candor, and, respect.
I'll truly miss the 'fury' ole fellow, his squirrel avatar made me think of someone who was wise, busy working on gathering nuts for the 'harvest,' and, able to get in the nooks and crannies of human thought with probing questions, and, thoughts, to my posts.

He truly abided in Him , knowing that He abided in him :)

Abiding is with Him now, 'sleeping in Jesus.' He's in a much, much, much........better place :)
Stay to God, all, your day will come some day, too. Like abiding, live your life passionately, fervantly, nuts for serving Him :)

John 15:4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can ...

[TD="class: s"] ... Abide in me , and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless
it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me . ...

[/TD]
John 15:7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask ...

[TD="class: s"] ... If you abide in me , and my words abide in you, ask whatever
you wish, and it will be done for you. ...

[/TD]
John 15:6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that ...

[TD="class: s"] ... If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and
the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. ...
[SIZE=-1] k [/SIZE]
[/TD]
Hosea 3:3 Then I told her, "You are to live with me many days; you ...

[TD="class: s"] ... And I said unto her, you shall abide with me many days; you shall not play the harlot,
and you shall not be for another man: so will I also be to you. ...

[/TD]
Genesis 29:19 Laban said, "It's better that I give her to you than ...

[TD="class: s"] ... And Laban said, It is better that I give her to you, than that I should
give her to another man: abide with me . ... man. Abide with me . ...

[/TD]
1 Samuel 22:23 Stay with me; don't be afraid. The man who wants to ...

[TD="class: s"] ... Abide with me , fear not; for he that seeks my life seeks
thy life; for with me thou art in safe keeping. ...
[SIZE=-1] k [/SIZE]
[/TD]
1 Corinthians 16:6 Perhaps I will stay with you for a while, or ...

[TD="class: s"] ... but with you it may be that I shall abide , or even winter, that ye
may set me forward on my journey whithersoever I go. ...

[/TD]
John 12:46 I have come into the world as a light, so that no one ...

[TD="class: s"] ... I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believes
on me should not abide in darkness. ...

[/TD]
Acts 20:23 I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me ...

[TD="class: s"] ... Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying
that bonds and afflictions abide me . ...

[/TD]
John 15:9 "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now ...

[TD="class: s"] ... "Just as the Father has loved Me , I have also loved you; abide in My love. ... Even as
the Father hath loved me , I also have loved you: abide ye in my love. ...

[/TD]
Acts 16:15 When she and the members of her household were baptized ...

[TD="class: s"] ... And when she had been baptised and her house, she besought us, saying, If ye have
judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house and abide there. ...

[/TD]
Ruth 2:8 So Boaz said to Ruth, "My daughter, listen to me. Don't ...

[TD="class: s"] ... Go not to glean in another field, neither pass from hence, but abide here fast by
my ... Then said Boaz to Ruth, Give ear to me , my daughter: do not go to take up ...

[/TD]
Numbers 22:5 sent messengers to summon Balaam son of Beor, who was ...

[TD="class: s"] ... of his people, to call him, saying, Behold, there is a people come out from Egypt:
behold, they cover the face of the earth, and they abide over opposite me : ...

[/TD]
John 15:16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed ...

[TD="class: s"] ... You did not choose me , but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and
bear fruit and that your fruit should abide , so that whatever you ask the ...

[/TD]
Matthew 26:38 Then he said to them, "My soul is overwhelmed with ...
... Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even
unto death: abide ye here, and watch with me. .
 
  • Like
Reactions: loveme1
Mellisa, your Dad would often talk about you of how much he loved you. He was always praying for you and encouraging others the pray for you too.I am really sorry to hear of your loss. Your dad was a wise man who knew the Lord and will be sadly missed. Thank you for spending the time to come and tell us here of his passing but please feel free to come back and chat whenever you need comfort or just to chat to people who "knew" him on this forum. Your still in my prayers even though I have never met you. Your dad thought the world of you, hold onto that.
 
hi abidings family i didnt get chance to say thanks for letting all his friends know here, my thoughts and prayers are with you, the lord will shine on your hearts to see you through this diffacult time and bring you peace, be strong for your dad and help each other out . iknow in my heart thats whats your dad would of wanted, as i know he had them qualities in wanting to help to keep people strong in mind and heart, :)
 
Love you Abiding!

9k=
 
This is Abidings daughter. My daddy has passed away. I just wanted his friends to know.

Very sorry to hear about you losing your dear Dad, he had such a lovely dry sense of humour, with such a wonderful ability to see things from different than normal angles...

He will be sorely missed!

Yahweh Shalom...
 
We were good friends and I am deeply hurt by his passing...He was a good man and had helped me thru many rough times God bless you and may peace be with you and your family <3 You are in my prayers!
 
Wow that is a shock to me. I didn't know him very well but I saw his posts often. He seemed like a good and godly man. Reading this made me feel very sad for your loss, but I'm happy that he is now resting in Heaven. Prayers for your family.
 
It throw off my whole day when I learnt of his death. After I got over the shock and disbelief, I was consumed by a deep and abiding sadness but after a while I remembered that I was being selfish. Mike's in a better place. He is with Jesus and all I can do is praise God that before he passed he was able to spend time with those he loved and they appreciated what a great man of God he truly is.

Though I mourn with those who have lost Abiding, I rejoice that he is no longer suffering. I know that one day we will meet again in the New Earth and the New Heaven where God will wipe away all our tears.

Abiding, thank you for all the time you spent listening to my heartaches and troubles. Thank you for your level headed advice and your many hours of Bible study and discussion. Thank you for your humbleness and patience. you were an example of what I hope one day I will be: a mature Christian wholly and completely in love with Jesus. I'll love you always and thank God for giving us what little time on Earth we had to spend together. You've touched my life in ways only God can express because words totally fell me. So this is not a goodbye, but a see you later.

:) make sure you save some coffee and cookies for me :)
sprinklebakes+coffee+bean+cookies+5.jpg
 
Do we not celebrate HIS victory on earth and that now HE is with the FATHER in heaven?

May The Lord comfort you my sister, The Lord KEEP Your family, and help you in everything that you need. And that HE may give you another guide for your life in Jesus Name ..!!..
 
There are two threads out here for Abiding.

Thanks so much, Abiding's Daughter for letting us know.

It was such a shock, I hope it was not the same for you.

My heart and my prayer go out to you and family in the loss of your father.

I became so fond of him so quickly, and I still can't believe he is gone.

Sincerely,
Elin