Friends, what do you think of our Lady of Fatima?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

No God can not do any of those things, because God is spirit. But God becoming man and thus being able to experience such things is kinda one of the big points of the incarnation. Still you didn't answer my question, do you believe that from the moment of his conception Jesus was both fully God and fully man? Or do you believe that Christ's divinity came to him at a later date?

Yes actually I did answer your question. That is what the questions should have shown you. Jesus set aside his diety to become man. Before his birth he was fully God. fully devine with all the attributes of God. When he became man, He set aside many of his attributes and became fully man. When he ascended into heaven, he ascended as we will be ressurected. as he stated we will have a body like his. What this means concerning his diety I do not know.

I am sure he reclaimed his diety after he ascended though.

E

eternally-gratefull

I didn't say Mary is the cause of Jesus' deity. But if Jesus is the Son of Mary, and Jesus is God, then Mary must be the Mother of God, because you can't separate His humanity from His Deity. That would make two persons: Nestorianism! The term "Mother of God" protects Christ's Deity. God was manifest in the flesh, and as a man God was born. So God was united to man in Christ by Christ Incarnate of the Virgin Mary.

No. Jesus set aside his diety. If he did he could not die. could not feel pain, could not sin or even be tempted to sin. Are you saying a God with his full diety can do those things? If you do then you do not know God very well.

Mary is not the mother of God. She is the mother of the flesh of Jesus. She did not protect Christ's diety. His diety did not need protected. He gave it to the father. And entered the body mary carried in her womb the moment he was born.

I must ask again where you get this stuff from?? I would run from whatever it is. because it is not right!

E

eternally-gratefull

What facts do you believe? Are you confusing your own private interpretations (traditions) with the facts of Scripture? Yes. The facts are, no Church Father taught what you teach. You get your opinion from private study of the Scriptures, outside of the context of Church history. It doesn't even come from the Protestant Reformation, which, together with Roman Catholicism in 1054, introduced private traditions in place of Apostolic Tradition.
Apostolic Tradition is the Truth. We know what Christ said through His Apostles (cf. John 15:26), etc. We know from Christ's Apostolic Church that Mary is ever-virgin.
Your opinion does not come from any Apostle of Christ. It does not come from the Bible, but from your own private personal thinking! Sorry to say, but it's the truth. And my conscience is clear on this matter. I'm still a sinner. But I listen to the Church. I believe the Church is the pillar of truth that tells us what the Bible means (1 Tim. 3:15, 2 Thess. 2:15).
God bless you. Amen.

No you listen to men Scott. Forgive me for being blunt! But You listen to people who tell you they come from the church fathers. And you do not study scripture to test to see if they are correct or not. You are spoonfed doctrine from them, and then told you better not leave for if you do you might lose your eternal life (which can not be lost by the way)

You listen to men. I listen to God. And my interpretation does not cause scripture to contradict. Nor do I have to add to scripture to get my belief to work. It is in harmony with scripture. That is the test of how you know you are interpreting scripture to fit your belief (private interpretation) and interpreting to understand what God is saying.

It is not my private interpretation. I have studied to show myself approved. a workman who is not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, or who and what Christ is, what he did, what I need to do and what his church is. I am ready to give an answer in season and out. You quote or post to look up your churches ideas, not the bibles ideas. I doubt you even have any of your own. which I will be honest. would scare the crap out of me. But then again. I fear God. You fear a church who claims it comes from God. Those are two different things.

S

SantoSubito

Yes actually I did answer your question. That is what the questions should have shown you. Jesus set aside his diety to become man. Before his birth he was fully God. fully devine with all the attributes of God. When he became man, He set aside many of his attributes and became fully man. When he ascended into heaven, he ascended as we will be ressurected. as he stated we will have a body like his. What this means concerning his diety I do not know.

You may not realize it but you are actually proposing almost exactly what Nestorius taught.

E

eternally-gratefull

You may not realize it but you are actually proposing almost exactly what Nestorius taught.
Well, I only propose what scripture teaches. If this is what this man or group taught. that is not my concern. What concerns me is what scripture teaches about God and about Christ. Diety can not do the things or suffer the things Jesus suffered, I can see it no other way. It does not matter who teaches it and who doesn't.

S

Scotth1960

No. Christ did not set aside His deity to become a man. He was is and always shall be fully God, and, since His time of incarnation, fully human. He is now and forever fully God and fully man. But according to Colossians and the rest of the NT, He did not claim all of His rights as God, the Son of God, while He was here on earth. He emptied Himself. He could have brought the Kingdom of God to earth by His omnipotent power, but that was not His mission. His mission was (is) to save souls from their sins by the power of His blood and the power of His resurrection. He will exercise all of His power fully when He comes again in glory to judge the living and the dead, of His Kingdom there is (there shall be) no end.
Take care.
During His incarnation, He said, "Before Abraham was, I AM". He claimed His fully Deity as God, the Son of God, and for this, the Pharisees Sadducees and Jewish scribes had Him crucified at the hand and authority of the Romans.
The Jews who did not believe in Him had Him put to death. They mocked Him and crucified Him. His followers mourned His death, and believed on Him, and so were saved by His death and His resurrection. Most of the Jews refused to believe in Him (in Jesus Christ).

S

Scotth1960

[quote=eternally-gratefull;484611]Well, I only propose what scripture teaches. If this is what this man or group taught. that is not my concern. What concerns me is what scripture teaches about God and about Christ. Diety can not do the things or suffer the things Jesus suffered, I can see it no other way. It does not matter who teaches it and who doesn't.[/quote]
Dear eternally gratefull, How do you know what Scripture teaches and what it doesn't. How do you know your teaching is correct, if it isn't verified by people other than yourself? How can it be valid if it doesn't agree with the teachings of the early Church. If the early Church can be wrong, you must prove the early Church was wrong, before you can expect anyone to believe what you say. Otherwise, we would be following men, just as you seem to accuse us, (me?) of following men. Can you show that your doctrines were taught by any Church Father/Church Fathers, and, if so, who (which fathers) taught your doctrines?
In Erie Scott Harrington