friends

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

kim12345

Aug 4, 2013
I have been praying for years for some friends and still no one.
About 8 years ago I introduce 2 friends of mine because I thought we would all get along and have fun.
Well now those 2 ladies are best friends and go on trips together and their husbands and families do stuff together and they Never invite us. So I was sad but thought I would pray for some special friends for me and my family and years later still No one. Then I hear about all the fun things the other 2 ladies are doing together.

Nov 14, 2016
About 8 years ago I introduce 2 friends of mine because I thought we would all get along and have fun.
Well now those 2 ladies are best friends and go on trips together and their husbands and families do stuff together and they Never invite us. So I was sad but thought I would pray for some special friends for me and my family and years later still No one. Then I hear about all the fun things the other 2 ladies are doing together.
***it is weird how things work out sometimes---continue to pray that God will meet that need in your life---(praying)...

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
Hi Kim,

So sorry to hear your sad friendship story. For whatever reason it sounds like they hit it off so well, but that's no excuse to leave you behind.

What I do is look for others who need a friend. Those that others seem to pass over and overlook. There are so many people out there that really need a friend and don't seem to be able to find one.

I heard a teaching that said if you want to find a friend to be a friend.

One of the problems I see in churches and maybe it happens without people realizing it, but some people make friends so easily and clicks begin to take place which always leaves others outside of their circle of friends.

Sometimes the best friends are those who need a friend and don't know how to reach out. Look around and watch others. See if you can detect someone who is a loner.

One of the things you could begin doing is
inviting couples over for dessert and coffee or a meal. If you're looking for just a girlfriend, start inviting women from your church out for lunch.

Or maybe go and walk at the mall together, go shopping together or share a beverage at a coffee shop. Joining a volunteer group might be a way to also meet new friends.

I will pray that God helps you to find a good friend that sticks closer than a brother.

Dec 19, 2009
I am a bit of a loner. I am active in my church, and I'm in contact with my brother a lot, but I live alone. I like it this way. I have a lot of time to talk to the Lord.

kim12345

Aug 4, 2013
Thank you for all your loving advice I will keep praying and trying. I would like a close lady friend and some couple friends. I do have a neighbor I might ask over. Im a little nervous.

D

Depleted

Thank you for all your loving advice I will keep praying and trying. I would like a close lady friend and some couple friends. I do have a neighbor I might ask over. Im a little nervous.
Nervous is expected. So be nervous and do it anyway.

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016

Hey Kim, that would be great! Ask God for courage before you go. :)

I thought of something else. I met friends by joining a bible study. It was a Kay Arthur study and it was at a different church than mine.

The neat thing about that is that we would go to lunch afterwards.....anyone that wanted to go. And if no one mentioned lunch, I asked if anyone wanted to and there was always one or two that could.

Jul 14, 2013
I'm so sorry that happened to you. It is hard for me to make friends too. I have two gals that I go walking with and thank God for that. You can feel free private message me anytime you like.

MadebyHim

Dec 17, 2016
i just don't know how to be friendly, been in seclusion so long. My wife understands, thank God. Sometimes in life a person has been hurt so many times, that they put up a shield. Its easy to be alone, being away from city, not much but corn fields, but it still hurts at times. i have tried to be friendly on this site, forgive me for not knowing how. i sit in the shadows watching others be friendly trying to learn from them.

Who would want to be friends with a guy that seems so grumpy all the time? Not me. To some it may come off as grumpy, but i'm just tired, sick and tired, feeling that this must just be the way it is, and one day it will all come together. i'm so sorry for blurting out in a brothers thread yesterday, forgive me if you see this sparkman.

Maybe if someone does not seem to friendly, maybe trying to teach them how to be friendly is better than just shunning them. i'm so sorry to those that i have offended, and made bitter towards me. i'm a social missfit and know it. Please forgive me for not knowing how to be friendly, in Christ Jesus name i ask. Thankyou.