Friends

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

bluearchimedes

Junior Member
Jul 4, 2016
19
4
3
[I wrote this devotional on October 14, 2005.]

A friend loveth at all times...
Proverbs 17:17a (KJV)

One of my favorite Christian songs is from Michael W. Smith.
In it, he says, "Friends are friends forever if the Lord's
the Lord of them." How true that phrase is!

A few weeks ago, I expressed my anger in a way that really
left one of my Christian brothers emotionally hurt. I have
not been able to speak to him since, but the guilt still
weighs heavily upon my heart. I repented of my action to
the Lord, but I feel terribly about what I did.

The individual that I hurt deeply is still my friend no
matter what. I care for him because he is one of my
brothers in Christ. I pray for him that he will continue to
get strong in the Lord like he has been doing for the past
several months. He has been leading many of his lost
friends to Jesus Christ, and I am so pleased with him.

My hope and prayer is that the individual I hurt will still
want me to be his friend. Even as I am writing this
devotional, tears are filling my eyes because the hurt is
still pressing on my heart.