Friends

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mak33

Nov 12, 2019
ha classic
Even if they never made a movie of it the trailer is just as good.

When are they going to make MATES or BUDDIES
Yeah, Really good. ☺😊

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
favourite parts...I dont know if they scripted this or mashed it up from other clips

Rachel turning up at Chandlers house at 8am
Rachel and Ross being divorced 7 times

Phoebe is 'Aunt Sassy' although her being jailed for saving 100 cats was a bit much
Jack and Erica not knowing Monica and Chandler are not their biological parents
Erica inheriting Monica obsssessive traits
Joey being the star of Mac and Cheese...in Japan

Monica and Chandler heading for divorce? Noooo!
Emma working at Central Perk but being banned by Gunther
OMG Janice.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
For those whove never seen Friends and wonder what all the fuss was about.

You can watch this Honest Trailer

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
IMG_1337.JPG
Lord I want to see this...

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Friends? No WONDER you have such a narrow view of people in the USA! That show was completely unrealistic.

All the Friends live in New York City, in really big apartments that would cost a lot to rent, but they have low paying jobs. Who is paying for those apartments?

Also they all live in NYC, but everybody in the show is white. How did they keep all other races out of every shot?

Also the title should be "Lovers" instead of "Friends" because they sure do sleep around a lot.

Also they sure do make fun of fat people a lot on that show.

Yeah... if you base your opinion of us over here in the USA on that show, no wonder you're always spouting off about how bigoted, rich and foolish we are. :rolleyes:
It's this foolish, ignorant, upside-down view this person has that keeps me from ever responding to anything this person says, no matter the topic. I agree with you 100% Lynx. I'm on the verge of blocking this ... person.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
It's this foolish, ignorant, upside-down view this person has that keeps me from ever responding to anything this person says, no matter the topic. I agree with you 100% Lynx. I'm on the verge of blocking this ... person.
Then you'll miss the entertainment...

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Then you'll miss the entertainment...
She just aggravates the living **** out of me. I mean, rationalizing Christian persecution in China, while criticizing Americans because of a stupid TV show or Brits because they whine too much? Those priorities alone show that something's not working right in that brain.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
friends is hilarious
But I dont know why if you dont like something, you would even bother posting about it.
Possibly because these people..have no friends?
lol

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
A parody is something that is makes fun of something else but parodies are only done out of admiration, but I suppose some people dont really get that.

There is nothing mean spirited about Friends. Its actually a good show out of all the other sub-par american sitcoms one could watch. when you in your twenties you do a lot of stupid things, unless you are perfect, which I supoose SOME peoole on this forum think they are.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Oh except for Rachel inexplicably hating Julie, altho I think possibly cos she was jealous

lol

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
She just aggravates the living **** out of me. I mean, rationalizing Christian persecution in China, while criticizing Americans because of a stupid TV show or Brits because they whine too much? Those priorities alone show that something's not working right in that brain.
*shrug

We get information where we can and run with what we got. That's how a lot of stereotypes are formed.

I guess American tourists don't much go to the area where she lives, so trite TV shows are all she has.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
haha even if you dont like Friends its funny. Gosh some people are bitter. Oh well, their problem

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Back to Friends...Mathew Perry's memoir is now out on the shelves...he's the guy who played Chandler

I am in the waiting list to read it...I expect it will be quite harrowing. Since we know know he had drug problems while on the show

None of the other Friends have written memoirs -probably too busy - but apparently Jennifer Annistons mother did. And they had a falling out...I dont know if they reconciled before her mother died.

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
Back to Friends...Mathew Perry's memoir is now out on the shelves...he's the guy who played Chandler

I am in the waiting list to read it...I expect it will be quite harrowing. Since we know know he had drug problems while on the show

None of the other Friends have written memoirs -probably too busy - but apparently Jennifer Annistons mother did. And they had a falling out...I dont know if they reconciled before her mother died.
I heard he was a drinker. In the last season(s) his head looked bloated and redder.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
*shrug

We get information where we can and run with what we got. That's how a lot of stereotypes are formed.

I guess American tourists don't much go to the area where she lives, so trite TV shows are all she has.
Perhaps rabbit, perhaps.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I heard he was a drinker. In the last season(s) his head looked bloated and redder.
Its funny they were all pretending to drink coffee at the central Perk though

Maybe they should have set it in a bar to be more realistic.

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
Its funny they were all pretending to drink coffee at the central Perk though

Maybe they should have set it in a bar to be more realistic.
I didnt see the Friends reunion. Was it any good? (Not sure if there was more than one, or if you have a link to it?)

Did Perry say he was drinking? That's what someone told me he said.

Did you say Perry was having anxiety attacks about saying his funny lines? He was always a natural at it... most comedy actors LOVE to deliver those lines and get the laughs and applause. He probably started drinking, perhaps partly from stress of anything besides delivering lines, and in retrospect assigned it to delivering lines... in other words blaming the show.

In the last season(s) he did lose it... he couldn't deliver the zingers in a funny way, but he had already gained a fair amount of weight in his face and had a redder complexation... which makes me think the alcohol or other drugs had zapped him and made him stressed, not the other way around. Ya know what I mean?

Course, the show had in some ways already Jumped the Shark, by marrying Chandlier and Monica which made them completely unfunny and a bore. There probably weren't any married writers working on the show, so they had no material for the situation.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I didnt see the Friends reunion. Was it any good? (Not sure if there was more than one, or if you have a link to it?)

Did Perry say he was drinking? That's what someone told me he said.

Did you say Perry was having anxiety attacks about saying his funny lines? He was always a natural at it... most comedy actors LOVE to deliver those lines and get the laughs and applause. He probably started drinking, perhaps partly from stress of anything besides delivering lines, and in retrospect assigned it to delivering lines... in other words blaming the show.

In the last season(s) he did lose it... he couldn't deliver the zingers in a funny way, but he had already gained a fair amount of weight in his face and had a redder complexation... which makes me think the alcohol or other drugs had zapped him and made him stressed, not the other way around. Ya know what I mean?

Course, the show had in some ways already Jumped the Shark, by marrying Chandlier and Monica which made them completely unfunny and a bore. There probably weren't any married writers working on the show, so they had no material for the situation.
well if you a Friends fan anything would have been good to see them all together in one room again.
Perry didnt out right say he was drinking, but he did admit to getting anxiety. He felt the need to be perfect and wisecrack his way in all situations...a lot of the lines he delivered were ones He had personally adlibbed. He was the only Friend who was allowed some say in the script, or at least, his own lines.
That put a lot of stress on himself. I dont think he implied that it pushed him to drink though obviosly there would have been other issues that made him an addict not just being on the show - all the other friends coped fine and didnt go off the rails or on the wagon. But there was nothing they could really do to stop Perry from drinking.

I cant really pinpoint when the show jumped the shark..most people say near the end when Rachel got paired up with Joey and Joey couldnt speak French. But there were some episodes that were like really you are kidding me. lol

But then its comedy its not meant to be taken seriously

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
You can search for Friends reunion online, there was only one, cant give you a link cos it depends where you live where you can access which channels.

James Corden hosted though I have no clue who he is in relation to Friends.

I was thinking in terms of jumping the shark, I wasnt keen on the whole Emily episodes I thought they were a bit far fetched that Ross would just suddenly marry an English girl. And I dont think anyone had any idea of what she actually did, she wasnt a paleontolgist, she just played at being the foreigner who tred to steal the Friend away. Then. of course the Brits had to get their cameos in, not to mention the royals eg Fergie mugging the camera.

But if that hadnt happened, then Monica and Chandler would have never got together.