Friendship gone hard

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rehoboth16

Aug 5, 2009
What do you do when your best friend doens't talk to you anymore? We've been best friends since grade 6. We moved to the same highshool and met more friends that joined our little group. Then one more girl gets added to the picture and now, we are a close threesome. I don't want to jump to conclusions but that one girl might be turning my best friend away from me. I eat lunch with my friends everyday but throughout the whole lunch period (an hour and fifteen minutes) they don't talk to me :( HELP

A

auntvicki

It's been my experience that friends come & go...

It's hard to accept that fact, but in the end that's what it is -- a fact. This isn't always the case though! If you are seriously thinking that your friendship is in jeopardy, confront her about it! You'll be able to tell what's happening. Remember, body language helps you to understand more of what people are saying so DO NOT ask her about it via text, email, facebook, phone, etc.

Another problem I've encountered (similar to yours) is that you find yourself being close friends with someone, and then they go off and find someone and become even BETTER friends then you two were. Now THAT'S when it gets tricky. If you can, just try to stay good friends with them, and let them enjoy their new friendship! We shouldn't be selfish with our friends. Sometimes God puts other people in their lives for a very good reason, often a reason that we can't see till much, much later.

Good luck with everything hon! Stay strong...God bless!

M

madona

i think you have to try again with her if you felt that she doesn`t want you or need you try to look for another friends who really care about you
i tried that it worked with me

QuestionTime

Feb 16, 2010
What do you do when your best friend doens't talk to you anymore? We've been best friends since grade 6. We moved to the same highshool and met more friends that joined our little group. Then one more girl gets added to the picture and now, we are a close threesome. I don't want to jump to conclusions but that one girl might be turning my best friend away from me. I eat lunch with my friends everyday but throughout the whole lunch period (an hour and fifteen minutes) they don't talk to me :( HELP
The worst thing to do is act jealous or YOU will look like the problem. Give it time and space and things will work out.

Quest

I

iliveforHim

Hi Sweety!

auntyvickie and madona both share wonderful points. Growing up, I found this situation a few times with friends too, and it broke my heart, mainly because I depended so much on my friends for support and comfort. The way I handled it back then, though, was that I would begin to slowly retreat from them, I felt so hurt, I didn't know how to talk to them or how to confront the situation, so I became an introvert among them. Pretty soon, they didn't feel comfortable around me because I always seemed unhappy, but they never knew why, since I never spoke about the issue that was hurting my feelings for fear of rejection.

Now that I'm older, I would pray about it, and ask God to guide me. Ask God to help you understand why this is happening, and ask Him to help you make the best decision for you AND for your friends. Looking back I realise I was being selfish, not wanting to share my friend with others for fear that I would be left out, but there are many friendships where more than two girls can get along beautifuly and share common bonds and wonderful experiences! (ever see the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants?? :) )

I'll be praying for you! You're such a sweet person, I don't like to know you're going through this!
Please keep us posted of how things turn out! :)

I

iliveforHim

Oooops!!! I just realised, I responded to a Teen Thread!! Sorry!!! I say your name and your questions, Rehoboth, and I didn't even think to stop to see where the thread was!!! :(

sorry... :)

QuestionTime

Feb 16, 2010
Oooops!!! I just realised, I responded to a Teen Thread!! Sorry!!! I say your name and your questions, Rehoboth, and I didn't even think to stop to see where the thread was!!! :(

sorry... :)
Is responding to a teen thread forbidden? I didn't even know it was a teen thread or that it would matter either way...

Quest

I

iliveforHim

Is responding to a teen thread forbidden? I didn't even know it was a teen thread or that it would matter either way...

Quest

Hey QuestionTime,

If I remember correclty, when I first registered, it said for adults not to hang out in the teen room...don't quote me, though!! :)

QuestionTime

Feb 16, 2010
Hey QuestionTime,

If I remember correclty, when I first registered, it said for adults not to hang out in the teen room...don't quote me, though!! :)
Paranoia has reached epidemic levels I see.

We better make our way out of here ;)

Quest

L

Love009

I've definitely have had my fair share of sucky friendships, but I've also had some great ones! I know that no matter what the situation is I have to be a friend to those who aren't even friends to me. I hope all goes well with your friends God bless :)

Rehoboth16

Aug 5, 2009
Thanks guys. Before I even had the opportunity to confromt her, she sent me an email on facebook telling me that she was jealous of my brother. Apparently I always seem to be talking to him. She felt a little left out. I talked to her at lunh time today and everything has been straightened out. I also spoke to my brother and asked that he speak to everyone else as well except if it is peronal and he needs to speak to only me.

Thank you so much for all your advices!!

Hugs and kisses

Itunu!!