From Adam

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Sin was not transmitted genetically through Adam.

Everybody shall bear their own sins, and are not responsible, and not to blamed, for another person's sin.

That was Adam and Eve's sin, not our sin, so their sin does not affect us as far as being transferred to us.

Adam and Eve were born knowing God, and it would of never entered their mind to eat from the tree if an outside did not tempt them.

So God allowed Satan to tempt Eve and she sinned, and then Eve was the outside source that tempted Adam by showing him that she did not die, and no harm came to her, and he sinned.

Then Adam and Eve would then have a choice between good and evil, and between living for God or not.

So all their offspring are born with a choice, so they are born not knowing God, and they will do wrong before they do right and repent of their sins and follow God.

So all have sinned, done the act, and have fallen short of the glory of God, not all have been born in to sin.

For we are innocent when we are born with no sin attached to us, which is why the Bible says the angels always behold the face of the Father for the little ones, for they are protected spiritually before the time of accountability.

We do not inherit Adam and Eve's sin, for that is their sin, not our sin, and we are born innocent with no sin attached to us, but we are born with a choice, so we are born not knowing God, so we will do wrong before we do right and repent of our sins and follow God.
We are not sinners because we commenced to sin, we sin because we are sinners by nature upon birth.

"Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God."

Christ Jesus COULD NOT sin (IMO). He had no sin nature. There is quite a controversy on this point, but I fall into the "could not sin" camp.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Wrap your head around it. Why did Paul tell the people, regarding eating meat, if to them I seems wrong to eat meat sacrificed to idles, then to them it’s sin? How can sin be relative? It can’t be. Guilt is relative. Guilt is what separates us. Once we are guiltless we can reconnect. The satanic commandment is “do what though will”. You are your master. They emphasize that it’s all natral, and to feel no shame. This helps connect them with Satan, and his power. The fruit of knowing right from wrong is guilt. There is no tree.
"do what thou wilt" = "deny guilt"

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I don’t believe God intends Genesis to be read as a historical book.
It is historical alright. But the genealogies do not equal chronology if that is your problem.

Dec 12, 2013
Sin was not transmitted genetically through Adam.

Everybody shall bear their own sins, and are not responsible, and not to blamed, for another person's sin.

That was Adam and Eve's sin, not our sin, so their sin does not affect us as far as being transferred to us.

Adam and Eve were born knowing God, and it would of never entered their mind to eat from the tree if an outside did not tempt them.

So God allowed Satan to tempt Eve and she sinned, and then Eve was the outside source that tempted Adam by showing him that she did not die, and no harm came to her, and he sinned.

Then Adam and Eve would then have a choice between good and evil, and between living for God or not.

So all their offspring are born with a choice, so they are born not knowing God, and they will do wrong before they do right and repent of their sins and follow God.

So all have sinned, done the act, and have fallen short of the glory of God, not all have been born in to sin.

For we are innocent when we are born with no sin attached to us, which is why the Bible says the angels always behold the face of the Father for the little ones, for they are protected spiritually before the time of accountability.

We do not inherit Adam and Eve's sin, for that is their sin, not our sin, and we are born innocent with no sin attached to us, but we are born with a choice, so we are born not knowing God, so we will do wrong before we do right and repent of our sins and follow God.
False.......wow man...how can you say you study when you post the drivel above......

For by One man sin entered the world and came UPON ALL.....

You really take the cake for false posts.....!

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Dec 12, 2013
I don’t believe we inherite sin from Adam. Adam however represents our fallen nature. He was flawed as everyone of flesh is flawed. Only through Jesus can we be made exceptible to God.
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Nov 26, 2012
"do what thou wilt" = "deny guilt"
“Do what thou wilt” implies nothing is sinful. There is no right or wrong. There is only strong and weak. If you are stronger, than you should take what you desire. Survival of the fittest. Wild animals go into garbage cans and eat our trash without remorse. If my dog goes into the trash, he hides when I call him because he feels shame. The act is no different. Because I taught him good and bad he feels guilt. The knowledge of what is right, and wrong brings guilt. The fruit of the tree, of the knowledge of good and evil is guilt. Adam and Eve hid, like my dog. Before we train animals they act instinctively, as God naturally programmed them. We too have God given programming. Because we are trained to know right from wrong we are reprogrammed. All creation has purpose. Carnivores kill off the weaker of the other species, some animals eat fruits and their feces contains the seeds and fertilizer to sprout new plants. Other animals are scavengers helping to decompose flesh. Everything has purpose for balance. Humans had a purpose, but were separated and threw off the balance. We were created as slaves to serve our Master. In Him we have life and purpose, again part of the whole construct of creation.

Guilt interrupts the frequency of transmission, between the spiritual realm and the physical. There is connectivity, there is oneness. Like in the human body, all systems function collectively striving for homeostasis, balance. The electric/nervous system is not entwined with the endocrine system, yet in the skull the brain and the hypothalamus are connected, bringing oneness, to the organism. This is like the spiritual and physical working in concert. The seen and the unseen. We are restored to the whole like a body part being reattached.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
“Do what thou wilt” implies nothing is sinful. There is no right or wrong. There is only strong and weak. If you are stronger, than you should take what you desire. Survival of the fittest. Wild animals go into garbage cans and eat our trash without remorse. If my dog goes into the trash, he hides when I call him because he feels shame. The act is no different. Because I taught him good and bad he feels guilt. The knowledge of what is right, and wrong brings guilt. The fruit of the tree, of the knowledge of good and evil is guilt. Adam and Eve hid, like my dog. Before we train animals they act instinctively, as God naturally programmed them. We too have God given programming. Because we are trained to know right from wrong we are reprogrammed. All creation has purpose. Carnivores kill off the weaker of the other species, some animals eat fruits and their feces contains the seeds and fertilizer to sprout new plants. Other animals are scavengers helping to decompose flesh. Everything has purpose for balance. Humans had a purpose, but were separated and threw off the balance. We were created as slaves to serve our Master. In Him we have life and purpose, again part of the whole construct of creation.

Guilt interrupts the frequency of transmission, between the spiritual realm and the physical. There is connectivity, there is oneness. Like in the human body, all systems function collectively striving for homeostasis, balance. The electric/nervous system is not entwined with the endocrine system, yet in the skull the brain and the hypothalamus are connected, bringing oneness, to the organism. This is like the spiritual and physical working in concert. The seen and the unseen. We are restored to the whole like a body part being reattached.
denial of guilt = 'do what thou wilt'

ignorance isn't security. redemption isn't a lobotomy.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
I don’t believe God intends Genesis to be read as a historical book.
If Genesis is not true then what else is not true?
How about the ministry of Jesus?
The ACTS of the apostles?

Either its all true or none of it can be relied upon for any truth.
The BIBLE is the Christians first line of defense for the hope that is in us.......unless of course.....its unreliable.

Before you claim any part of the bible is fabrication, I suggest you think real hard about what that really suggests.

YDo

Dec 9, 2018
How can sin be transmitted genetically through Adam? It hardly seems fair.

View attachment 191849
Good point.
There are churches that teach this but it isn't Biblically supported so no worries. Sin entered the world through Adam's sin and as part of God's plan. The Bible says nothing about inherited sin through Adam because it teaches the sins of the father and Adam is the father of the human race sort of speak, does not pass to the son. Nor does the son's pass to the father. We are all responsible for our own transgressions when we're able to make the choice to transgress against God's ways.
This is why babies are born innocents as are children to that certain unique age that is called, the age of accountability. That means, that age when the individual child is accountable for knowing right from wrong.
Something Adam and Eve did not possess in the beginning of their life in Eden.
Now we're all able to comprehend right from wrong and make a choice. And that then is when we are accountable for the choices made.

YDo

Dec 9, 2018
I don’t believe we inherite sin from Adam. Adam however represents our fallen nature. He was flawed as everyone of flesh is flawed. Only through Jesus can we be made exceptible to God.
That tells me you've read your Bible.
A lot of us go with the tradition we were raised in. And unfortunately there are times when such things are producing for generations even false doctrine.

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
What he ate spread through his genes. Produced later in children.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
What he ate spread through his genes. Produced later in children.
Too simplistic. The problem is we are actually born dead unless we are reborn in Christ. I see dead humans walking around day in day out. I know they are not saved. Why? They are not walking around testifying that Jesus is Lord. Very very simple test.

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
But Jesus came to change all that. New Testament, New Rules. Now what comes out of you defiles you. You literally don’t have to wash your hands.

Dec 9, 2011
How can sin be transmitted genetically through Adam? It hardly seems fair.

View attachment 191849
That’s why JESUS paid the ultimate price for us with HIS blood dieing on a cross,payment In full to GOD that loves righteousness,so that whosoever believes In HIS WORD might be saved not by works so that no one can say,I was able to be righteous with my own strength but by grace through faith.

Dec 9, 2011
Was it fair that God's sinless Son died on a cross for those sins? God works in grace and mercy towards us. If He worked in fairness and justice towards us, we would all perish.
Thank you GOD for having mercy,thank you for looking past my faults and seeing my need.

Embankment

Feb 28, 2017
If Genesis is not true then what else is not true?
How about the ministry of Jesus?
The ACTS of the apostles?

Either its all true or none of it can be relied upon for any truth.
The BIBLE is the Christians first line of defense for the hope that is in us.......unless of course.....its unreliable.

Before you claim any part of the bible is fabrication, I suggest you think real hard about what that really suggests.
The idea that some books of the Bible are not literal or that they are poetic in nature is nothing new. Even when the Bible was being assembled the saints knew this.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
The idea that some books of the Bible are not literal or that they are poetic in nature is nothing new. Even when the Bible was being assembled the saints knew this.
The vast majority of Genesis is boilerplate history.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Your response is a complete deflection.

This forum in not about the poetry of Psalms or the use of hyperbole of statements in the bible like that which refer to God having feathers, it is about the bible being true in every last detail of the events in it. And even in the poetry there is biblical truth for those who can SEE it. This forum started as a questioning of biblical events or as Satan would ask: "did God REALLY say..........."
Old as Adam and Eve.

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
A copy will never be greater than the original. Adam and Eve would be like our spokesperson for human kind and even they couldn't be sinless.

It's not fun to live in our world sometimes though. I get what you are saying...its just allowed to exist for a brief time in eternity.

On the positive side of it, if it did not exist we would not be born. Which God always knew he would create us. So out of darkness comes light.