From Daniel and Revelation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The following two quotes from Holy Scripture are to indicate to all two things certain from the Word, one about another time mentioned in the Book, Daniel and two a stearn warning from the Book, Revelation.

This first one from Daniel is one I have read many times and kept in my heart. I keep it because I, for one, have not as yet had any enlightenment on what Daniel the Prophet of God wrote down and did not understand. It may be this is presently that other time and a few people here know exactly what is said. God bless them with the power of the Holy Spirit to have the ability provided by that Authority to convey what is being taught. Recently a very smart person informed me there is no where in the Word that states seven years for the Greatest Tribulation ever, and she is correct, however the wisdom of people down through time since the writings were afforded to all has calculated seven years by the material provided. I tend to believe it is a period that totals seven years by the information afforded. I may be wrong. The very most important thing to know in heart, soul, and mind is Yeshua crucified for our sins, and this I know and confess, as do all who believe in this Christian Chat.

Dan 12:8
And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?

Dan 12:9
And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Dan 12:10
Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

Dan 12:11
And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

This second quote from Revelation is very clear. So how do I, personally, keep from adding or taking away from the blessed words of this Book. It is very simple, I make my determinations for myself, keeping in mind they are just determinations and not conclusions, and I keep them in my heart following the example of the most blessed woman ever, Mary. It is my pleasure and joy to wait on the Lord, as I am certain it is for all who love Him. 

Rev 22:17
And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Rev 22:18
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Rev 22:19
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

(Text is slightly enhanced for the vision impaired.)

Last edited:

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
Dan. 12:8, the end of what things? all things? No, These things. What are these things? Figure that out Jaume and you may a greater understanding of Daniel's prophecies.

Dan. 12:9, Seal up the prophecy, why? it was still yet far off into the future, it's not at hand nor near. Till the "end of time", what time? ALL time? no, The time of when the prophecy was to be fulfilled. The prophecy concerning the coming of Christ, and the end of the Jewish age see verse 7b "and when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things shall be finished." When I die here on earth, it will the be the end of my time, when Israel was destroyed in 70AD, it was the end of her time.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The OP is an alert to the Words of the Holy Scriptures. The only interpretation you will find from me, personally, is that nothing has been yet revealed to me. I do not understand your post at all. My thread is not insisting anyone believe me, rather the Word. God bless you and hold you always. Oh, the warning from Revelation is my reason not to assume I know the meanings of either. Forgive my ignorance, but there is no hostility in my post. I detect hostility in yours. May Yahweh grant you peace in Yeshua now and always, amen.

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
The OP is an alert to the Words of the Holy Scriptures. The only interpretation you will find from me, personally, is that nothing has been yet revealed to me. I do not understand your post at all. My thread is not insisting anyone believe me, rather the Word. God bless you and hold you always. Oh, the warning from Revelation is my reason not to assume I know the meanings of either. Forgive my ignorance, but there is no hostility in my post. I detect hostility in yours. May Yahweh grant you peace in Yeshua now and always, amen.
I was only trying to help, how do you see hostility in what I posted?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I was only trying to help, how do you see hostility in what I posted?
I sense it from the last thread I posted. Perhaps I am being a bit paranoid. What I posted does respond to your posted retort, at least I believe it does in my heart. The thread is more of an alert to all who love God than to open a debate on what the interpretation of Daniel is. I figure if someone so blessed as Daniel, being a prophet of the Most High God, did not understand the words he was given to write down in the Book, neither am I unless the Lord tells me somehow, Himself. This is not interpreting prophecy, simply passing on the narration between Daniel and the Angel.

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
Does our interpretation of scripture always mean we are adding to it?

I'm sorry I offended you, please forgive me. Perhaps I should not respond to posts unless specifically asked?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Does our interpretation of scripture always mean we are adding to it?

I'm sorry I offended you, please forgive me. Perhaps I should not respond to posts unless specifically asked?

If you have the gift from God to interpret, you must. I do not have that gift. The grain of my post is a warning from God, not from me. Please reread the OP. If you are gifted in that manner, you should interpret, but that is dangerous territory. I cannot interpret who the Beast will be. I cannot interpret what system will replace the international monetary systems therefore I do not. This does not say you do not know some of the interpretation by the Holy Spirit. We all do to some degree. Yahweh bless you with peace on this subject. It is not posted to irritate anyone.

Mar 15, 2013
I am not even sure where people get that idea concerning the great tribulation being seven years long. I merely choose to ignore that they have said that when they say it and try to comment on another part of what they have said.

Does anyone know why they say that?

A

Abiding

Yes for Israeli support
that about it

Oct 28, 2012
Brother JaumeJ...

for one to TRULY understand the BOOK OF REVELATIONS... one MUST TRULY first understand...*Gabriel's Instructions To Daniel,*The Sixfold Purpose Of The Visitation Of Gabriel,*and*Daniel's Seventy Weeks...

when you TRULY understand THESE 3 HOLY SCRIPTURES... then one will TRULY understand the HOLY BOOK OF REVELATION and ALL its MYSTERIES contained within from Daniel's vision, to John' vision, and unto OUR VERY HOUR... for it's ALL the same vision concerning the Jews, the Gentiles, and those who were born for condemnation.

for this is GOD'S TIMELINE for ALL the world to see THIS VERY DAY AND HOUR... by ALL the signs and wonders that have been manifesting and being producing which ARE CONTAINED in GOD'S OWN HOLY WORD.

also the GREAT TRIBULATION and THE GREAT WEDDING FEAST run*simultaneously and ARE 3 1/2 years long for the first 3 1/2 years was the Ministry of my LORD JESUS CHRIST which ended the Jewish Age so that the Gentile Age could begin.

so therefore my LORD JESUS CHRIST ministry which was cut short shall be once again with the Jews and shall be the remainder of the 3 1/2 years after the Rapture has occurred which ends the Gentile Age and the Jewish Age returns once more.

if you are interested i can slowly guide you through this by using ONLY GOD'S HOLY WORD to prove ALL THIS. for ONLY within GOD'S HOLY BIBLE shall we TRULY SEE AND HEAR... if ONLY we are TRULY BORNED AGAIN as so many christians say and claim.*

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I thank you and all for thoughtful replies, but most important the love and mutual care imparted. I do ask, is Gabriel the one who told this to Daniel? I thought it to be Michael. Either way He was from Yahweh. Again, thank you and everyone else.

Brother JaumeJ...

for one to TRULY understand the BOOK OF REVELATIONS... one MUST TRULY first understand...*Gabriel's Instructions To Daniel,*The Sixfold Purpose Of The Visitation Of Gabriel,*and*Daniel's Seventy Weeks...

when you TRULY understand THESE 3 HOLY SCRIPTURES... then one will TRULY understand the HOLY BOOK OF REVELATION and ALL its MYSTERIES contained within from Daniel's vision, to John' vision, and unto OUR VERY HOUR... for it's ALL the same vision concerning the Jews, the Gentiles, and those who were born for condemnation.

for this is GOD'S TIMELINE for ALL the world to see THIS VERY DAY AND HOUR... by ALL the signs and wonders that have been manifesting and being producing which ARE CONTAINED in GOD'S OWN HOLY WORD.

also the GREAT TRIBULATION and THE GREAT WEDDING FEAST run*simultaneously and ARE 3 1/2 years long for the first 3 1/2 years was the Ministry of my LORD JESUS CHRIST which ended the Jewish Age so that the Gentile Age could begin.

so therefore my LORD JESUS CHRIST ministry which was cut short shall be once again with the Jews and shall be the remainder of the 3 1/2 years after the Rapture has occurred which ends the Gentile Age and the Jewish Age returns once more.

if you are interested i can slowly guide you through this by using ONLY GOD'S HOLY WORD to prove ALL THIS. for ONLY within GOD'S HOLY BIBLE shall we TRULY SEE AND HEAR... if ONLY we are TRULY BORNED AGAIN as so many christians say and claim.*

Last edited:

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
John 7

[SUP]40 [/SUP]Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet.
[SUP]41 [/SUP]Others said, This is the Christ. But some said, Shall Christ come out of Galilee?
[SUP]42 [/SUP]Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?
[SUP]43 [/SUP]So there was a division among the people because of him.
[SUP]44 [/SUP]And some of them would have taken him; but no man laid hands on him.
[SUP]45 [/SUP]Then came the officers to the chief priests and Pharisees; and they said unto them, Why have ye not brought him?
[SUP]46 [/SUP]The officers answered, Never man spake like this man.
[SUP]47 [/SUP]Then answered them the Pharisees, Are ye also deceived?
[SUP]48 [/SUP]Have any of the rulers or of the Pharisees believed on him?
[SUP]49 [/SUP]But this people who knoweth not the law are cursed.
[SUP]50 [/SUP]Nicodemus saith unto them, (he that came to Jesus by night, being one of them,)
[SUP]51 [/SUP]Doth our law judge any man, before it hear him, and know what he doeth?
[SUP]52 [/SUP]They answered and said unto him, Art thou also of Galilee? Search, and look: for out of Galilee ariseth no prophet.
[SUP]53 [/SUP]And every man went unto his own house.
Never close your mind through intellect.

One could memorize the Scriptures but still be Spiritually Blind.

One could study and come to much conclusion but still be Spiritually Blind.

Remain open for guidance and comfort.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Here is how some see it. When a person relies totally on intellect, a gift from Yahweh, God, he is blinded to the wisdom from above.

John 7

Never close your mind through intellect.

One could memorize the Scriptures but still be Spiritually Blind.

One could study and come to much conclusion but still be Spiritually Blind.

Remain open for guidance and comfort.

Attachments

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Here is how some see it. When a person relies totally on intellect, a gift from Yahweh, God, he is blinded to the wisdom from above.
Jack, my own intellect once had me considering where i could buy the oil for my lamp.. :)

My own intellect could not solve this:

Matthew 15

Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon. 22And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. 23But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. 24But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 25Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me. 26But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs. 27And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table. 28Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.
This lady humbled herself in the face of humility and proved her Faith.

receive understanding for the Glory of God.

G

GRA

I am not even sure where people get that idea concerning the great tribulation being seven years long. I merely choose to ignore that they have said that when they say it and try to comment on another part of what they have said.

Does anyone know why they say that?
Some people believe that the "70th week of Daniel" is actually separate from the other 69 weeks (with a gap in between) -- and will be "a final time" of "God dealing with Israel" for seven years before Christ returns. It is [mainly] part of the 'pre-trib rapture' doctrinal viewpoint. It is based on a misinterpretation of Daniel 9:24-27.

:)

G

GRA

Some people believe that the "70th week of Daniel" is actually separate from the other 69 weeks (with a gap in between) -- and will be "a final time" of "God dealing with Israel" for seven years before Christ returns. It is [mainly] part of the 'pre-trib rapture' doctrinal viewpoint. It is based on a misinterpretation of Daniel 9:24-27.

God does "deal with Israel" - "one final time" --- when Christ returns --- just not "for seven years before Christ returns"...

E

eternally-gratefull

On the other hand. Many people believe this prophesy is already fulfilled. It is [mainly] a part of the ammilenial doctrinal viewpoint. And it is based on a misinterpretation of Daniel 9 (along with many other passages which speak of the "end of the age"

ps. I would also disagree that is it mainly from a pre-trib view. it is a pre-mil view which this doctrine comes from. vs the amill position. Pre-mills believe in a final 7 years yet future, vs amill believing we are in the millenium today.

E

eternally-gratefull

God does "deal with Israel" - "one final time" --- when Christ returns --- just not "for seven years before Christ returns"...

Actually God deals with all of mankind for these seven years. A time so great that if he does not come "all flesh (nature) will be destroyed.

God put nature in mans hands, After the fall. man has been destroying his creation. God loves his creation. He returns at the end to not only save those who "endure to the end" but to save his creation, and return it to the way he created it.