Frustrated To Tears

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

shrimp

Senior Member
Aug 28, 2011
1,188
39
48
For all of my life I have worked with animals, I know how to handle an animal better than a person. This is why I have for the longest time wanted to become a veterinarian. Full blown, with a doctorate. What also inspired me was the blatant need for veterinary care in rural Alaska.
However, the only school in Maine that offers such courses is in Orono, which is 3-4 hrs ride from where we live. We don't have money to do something like that nor to move.
I was just looking at the message board for where I used to live, and their need for a vet is very strong. Sure they get some vet care, but the vet has to fly in which costs a lot of money.
I am content being a stay at home mom but I feel the need and I know I could do it if given the opportunity.
Yes, I do cry over it. I love animals and people and it would be a great opportunity to share Jesus as well as animal care.
 
I hope that one day you are able to pursue that desired career :) You sound like a very compassionate person - which is absolutely awesome!
 
Are there any online prereq classes you can take online and get out of the way and maybe someday you would be able to attend vet school in Maine and come home on breaks? ...just a thought
 
ladymj;bt9494 said:
Are there any online prereq classes you can take online and get out of the way and maybe someday you would be able to attend vet school in Maine and come home on breaks? ...just a thought

The online classes are a possibility. however, I could never leave as I have a husband and a daughter to care for, so we would all have to relocate.