Frustrated.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Lexi777

Hey guys. So. I need help or rather encouragement maybe? I'm really really frustrated lately. I just feel.. Stuck? Im burn out with school. Some things have happened recently that just idk.. Makes me wonder what God is doing? Friendships have failed. Things are taking a turn for the worst. And the only true friends i have are God and my pastors daughter who happens to be my best friend. Im fine with that. I really am. I like having a small amount of friends. Less drama. But everything thats been happening lately has just been making me tired. I know Gods plan is greater than anything I could think of and I know he knows what he's doing. I dont ever want to second guess him. But often. I pray to him and i cant help but ask him why? Things have been going wrong for too long. And i know one of the reasons but why isnt God fixing it? Like, i know people have to be willing to change on their own, but cant God change a persons heart? Idk. Maybe its wishful thinking and i know this post is everywhere and out of order and I'm not giving too much detail, but what do i do? What do i ask God for or rather how do i look for God and find comfort and peace? I'm trying super hard but i feel lost. Is there any verses to help me out? Some one Gods plan and peace and idk..

U

Ugly

These struggles are a natural part of life. This is likely not the last time you will feel this way.
I remember an incident once where i was deeply hurt by a situation. I tried getting a hold of everyone i knew to get help. Magically no one was home on this week night. And the one i did get, a non-Christian, just disappeared suddenly while we were talking. This was before most people had the internet, so there was no going online. I was stuck going to God. *gasp
Sometimes God strips us of things to make us go to Him. And i know you are praying already, but sometimes spiritual habits are just that, habits. Perhaps these are areas you have not truly gone to God about, or given to God.

And failed friendships, lets not make that a thing God causes. Friendships can fail for many reasons. Maybe God is having a hand in it, or perhaps there is something else going on in your life. If you find you are suddenly friendless perhaps it's time to look inward and find out why. Ask God to show you where your blame may lie. Because no matter how well intended we are with friends that doesn't mean the wrong things, or wrong appearances, don't leak out.

C

cmarieh

Hey guys. So. I need help or rather encouragement maybe? I'm really really frustrated lately. I just feel.. Stuck? Im burn out with school. Some things have happened recently that just idk.. Makes me wonder what God is doing? Friendships have failed. Things are taking a turn for the worst. And the only true friends i have are God and my pastors daughter who happens to be my best friend. Im fine with that. I really am. I like having a small amount of friends. Less drama. But everything thats been happening lately has just been making me tired. I know Gods plan is greater than anything I could think of and I know he knows what he's doing. I dont ever want to second guess him. But often. I pray to him and i cant help but ask him why? Things have been going wrong for too long. And i know one of the reasons but why isnt God fixing it? Like, i know people have to be willing to change on their own, but cant God change a persons heart? Idk. Maybe its wishful thinking and i know this post is everywhere and out of order and I'm not giving too much detail, but what do i do? What do i ask God for or rather how do i look for God and find comfort and peace? I'm trying super hard but i feel lost. Is there any verses to help me out? Some one Gods plan and peace and idk..
I am so sorry that you have been going through a hard time. I have never had a lot of friends myself and when I started high school I lost one of my friends, she was a victim of child abuse and was forced to leave her parents home not being able to have contact with any of her friends. You are only fifteen, and let me tell you that it is really common for people your age to lose friends. Mainly because you are starting high school and going through so many changes, maturity that is. You will gain new friendships throughout you high school career, so keep your chin up.

Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Psalms 46:1-3
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. "Selah"

Psalm 55:22
Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.

L

Lexi777

Thanks for the comments and verses.. It's not just the friend thing that bothers me.. Thats a part of it. Its family stuff that just has me so lost. And it feels like every little thing adds to the already there frustration, ya know? But i see what you said @Ugly. Maybe these are things that i havent truly given to God and i need to really seek him. And thanks again for the Bible verses @cmarieh, they helped a lot. God bless you guys...

M

Moose_Almighty

You're just riding through a storm right now, everything's going to be alright in the end. God has you where he wants you, things may not seem like they make sense right now but it will later.

I'm only speaking for myself but what I do in these situations is embrace them! I embrace the storm because I know it's my turn for God to test me and he's watching my every move. It's just like working out or studying but I see it as spiritual conditioning. As Christian's, we all need to be smacked around and shaken spiritually from time to time and he does this with all of us to see how much we can handle. After the storm is over God builds our hearts with knowledge and reason and for the next storm we will be able to withstand more. Embrace these storms that God gives you, yes it does suck at the time but when you have full awareness that you're being tested by God, you will have better control over your actions/decisions.

Most people hate these storms because stress isn't a big part of their day to day lives. It doesn't matter how tough or strong you think you are, God will break anyone and everyone down to nothing to prove a point. That point he's trying to prove is that you need him in your life, he wants you to go to him, he's there for you, and he loves you unconditionally. It can be tough love but I personally see it as character building within your spirit. From what I've observed, as bad as some are each storm does have its purpose for something that's about to occur in your future and each storm will make you stronger for the next!

You're in good hands Lexi. I will be praying for you, everything will work out in the end!

God Bless!
-Moose_Almighty-

Channa

Mar 1, 2014
8 And the LORD, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed .
Deuteronomy 31:8

I will pray for you Lexi! God is with you :)

C

cmarieh

Thanks for the comments and verses.. It's not just the friend thing that bothers me.. Thats a part of it. Its family stuff that just has me so lost. And it feels like every little thing adds to the already there frustration, ya know? But i see what you said @Ugly. Maybe these are things that i havent truly given to God and i need to really seek him. And thanks again for the Bible verses @cmarieh, they helped a lot. God bless you guys...
The verses I gave you will help you with family stuff too. Whenever I am scared or hurt I always pray and it always makes me feel so much better.

C

cmarieh

[video=youtube;qOkImV2cJDg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOkImV2cJDg[/video]

When I have rough day I always listen to this song. I hope it is an encouragement to you as well. :)

L

Lexi777

Thanks for all the encouragement, verses, and song. They really help a lot. I'm trying to seek God and do what you said. Embrace the storm. I have been thinking of the song "praise you in this storm" a lot lately and singing it a lot. I know God has something great in store for me and my family and I know that God will help me through this. Thanks again guys.

M

Moose_Almighty

Thanks for all the encouragement, verses, and song. They really help a lot. I'm trying to seek God and do what you said. Embrace the storm. I have been thinking of the song "praise you in this storm" a lot lately and singing it a lot. I know God has something great in store for me and my family and I know that God will help me through this. Thanks again guys.

Just throwing it there, Praise You in the Storm is probably my favorite song to perform on drums during a Worship set. It's so freaking powerful, I love it! In time, I may do my own cover/rendition and record it.

Also, listen to the song "We Won't Be Shaken" by Building 429. Whatever storm comes into my life or whatever storm I put into my life...haha, that song always revives me, takes the weight off my chest, and brings me back into the Arms of Jesus Christ. Just thought i'd share.

Last edited by a moderator: