B
Brighthouse
Guest
Mark 5:19 "Go home to your people and report to them what great things the Lord has done for you,and how he had mercy on you." Because this testimony is far more about Jesus then me,I will skip the boring part about how bad I was. Bad is far from what I was before Jesus, true evil would fit the bill much better!
Much of our lives deals with self,few care about that,but you can be sure of this,evil has a face,and brings with it fear and doubt,and much despair. If you would have seen me before Jesus,then you would have seen the father I used to serve!( john 10:10) I practiced this to others,also this ( john 8:44) I lived such a lie before Jesus, my name should have been printed next to the word!
I grew up on the streets of Detroit,I fought a lot,lost some,but won far more then I lost,( see how self is!! LOL) My dad on earth was a very tough teacher of life! No hugs allowed,no kissing parents,never saying anything without a true purpose in ones own words! If you talk big, you better be able to fight big as well!
I, like most of you had a very tough childhood,I was seen, and not heard,I was to act, rather then talk about doing so. I grew up in this darkness,and looked to pull as many into the same as possible,the purpose?
It is tougher to see another in the dark,and much more fearful for those who dwell in it! My earthly dad and I hated each other,now hate is a word many use,but really do not understand the meaning of that word! Hate defined by me is simple,to see another dead before you, and rather then walk around that dead person, you step onto him then continue to walk! That was me!
After he finally died at 48 from a massive heart attack,I was just like him! He had served his own purpose for my life,and I was now perfectly made in his image! On June 12, 1972 my only dream in life had now become real! I received a letter from the Detroit Tiger baseball team to try out for there team!! I had lived, ate and breathed baseball all my life,it is all I wished to do,I was to report to the team July the 5th! I was so excited!!
Two days later I received a letter that I had been drafted into the Vietnam War,I had to enlist! I was to report on june the 30th! Oh NO!! I did my best to delay this,but with no good fortune,I had to call the baseball team on june the 23rd to tell them I could not try out. Angry?? Beyond anger!
My time I spent in Vietnam I will not speak much upon,for only those who have gone into battle understand what true battle is! I was attached to Special Forces along the perfume river near and fought in the battle of Hue,which was one of the most bloodest battles fought from 1968-1975, this battle by itself turned the American people against the war itself!
There were many K.I.A.( Killed in action) on both sides,please do look it up to understand. I remember a place we were at Xvan Phu near there,where little children received hospital care from us for Polio, we had left there for a time, and when we came back all the children arms were cut off and put in a little pile, with words on a piece of paper, translated, G.I go home,you have no idea of what we are capable of,you have entered our hell and if you stay you will become part of that which you fight!
There were many tears shed by us,the soldier could be good or bad,but purpose and strength to do what they did, having children of there own,yet the will to do that to other children!! We knew we were in great trouble! The army they had, had no morals, and they would never stop either! No thought taken, just willpower and evil so strong,many would not believe even after seeing this!
When I came home after two tours of this,you would have never wished to be around me! Bitter and so full of hate,I came home to a Country that spit upon me,from the airport no less! Many police had to protect many of us, because even after coming home from killing, our own people wished for us to continue this at home! So now it is all my fault I fought in the first place??
And this was how I could expect to be treated by my own people?? "When the walls fall apart in life,the center will not hold". My center fell! Mom could not take me in,i was to changed,brother could not stand me,and with very good reason! All I knew was hate for all!
After going with a very nice girl I had been seeing,ah not loving with for 2 years,she asked me to marry her? She had a kid about 14 who made the exorcist seem like child's play,so spoiled, I thought of ways to get rid of this kid,but his grandfather protected him like he was one of his own,so that was out.
I left,packed up my sea bag and started heading south,my brother was nice enough to drive me to I 75 in Detroit,and said I hope one day you change,but if not, never return to us,you have broken mom's heart as well as my own!
I never waited longer then 20 min for a ride, within 3 hours I was in deep into Ohio,and now a great storm was coming,as i was taking cover, a car came by to ask if i needed a ride. Stupid question but hey!
I got in and he started to talk about Jesus Christ loving me. Are you kidding me? I had a large knife which I put to his throat,and told him to do one of two things shut up about Jesus, or drop me off! I sure figured he would stop and drop me off!! I sure would of!! LOL he had no fear? He said if you kill me who will drive. LOL He did stop talking though,which was my purpose in the first place!!
For the next 5 hours no word was spoken, he asked if I was hungry, I had only about 30 dollars on me,so I told him my money supply was to low to eat right now,nor hungry enough,and he said fear not,I will pay for your meal. Pay for MY MEAL?? I told him that he was very strange to me. LOL he said i know, i get that a lot!! LOL
Upon eating he told me he was a teacher at Cumberland College,and that his dad was the dean of the college! He said since you have the G.I. Bill classes start in 2 weeks,and you can stay in one of the dorm rooms until classes start and you get assigned!
It is not like I had anything better to do you know! So I said sure ok. We got to the college and he introduced me to his Dad the dean of the College, we had some small talk about me being a soldier,and he gave me a room. I checked out the place,the date jan 12,1984,time 1500( that is 3pm to you civilians! LOL) it was cold, but not uncomfortable,when I heard a voice say,behold!! This is your final chance! I looked to see who said this! No one was around??
Must not of had enough sleep,i was tired,so went to sleep. Jan 18 classes begin,I got roomed with a guy named Darrel Wilson a junior at the College, but also a Jesus freak!! Oh NO!! Everyone liked Woody,that was his short name people used,i guess he was a hot shot on the golfing team there,and had no problem telling me of how good he had become at the game. I can take that,just do not tell me about Jesus bro! You do not believe in Jesus he asked? Look I said I am stuck with you,but I do not have to be around you,so let us just keep our distance and endure this with the least amount of pain as is possible ok??
Or else we are going to really have a serious problem to which you will lose!! Got it?? yea sure brother,I am not your brother, nor your friend,i am only a room mate we are both stuck with. LOL I laugh here I did not there. Time passed,i stayed out of the dorm room most days,because he was having Bible studies and prayer on most afternoons,I was busy making myself as unhappy as I could and was doing a very fine job at it when suddenly!( the good part now!! LOL)
One early morning at 1 am a knock came upon our dorm door,Woody got up, he knew I sure would not,to answer it.Now before I go further I should tell how mean I was to Woody as well,i would put dirt in his sheets,in his shoes to upset this so called christian,he never got mad? he knew who did it of course! All he would say is praise the Lord for the endurance, and for saving this my brother amen! This really upset me all the more!! LOL
Anyway getting back to the knock, he opened the door, and a baseball pitcher said Woody would you pray for me,i am pitching tomorrow and have badly sprained my arm,he said sure brother, let us pray for revelation from our Loving Jesus! I pretended to be asleep of course,but thought oh brother!! after about 30 min, I heard this loud snap! GLORY TO JESUS!!! THANK YOU LORD JESUS!!
HEY!!!! I am trying to sleep here!!! I have class at 9:30am!! Knock it off!! Sorry brother he said, I hated him calling me that!! They left the dorm room skipping and dancing and praising God! Ah Boy! The next morning after class,I decided to skip my other classes and go watch this baseball game,i did not care so much about who was playing as I did to see this pitcher who Woody touched and God healed! HOLY SMOKE!! he is on the mound!! Pitching yet!
They won 3-0, and I was dumfounded! time 2100( 9pm) i had a bite to eat and went back to the dorm room, but Woody was not there! BUT! Something was in the room!! A Presence I had never felt before in my whole life!! I could not see who it was but for no reason whatsoever I stated to cry,and i mean cry! ME CRY??
Do not remember the last time I cried! I head footsteps,it was Woody coming back to the dorm room,I cannot let him see me in such a state!! I ran over to the mop closet across from our room,turned the empty pail over and sat down weeping so loud I had to cover my mouth! What the hell is wrong with me anyway!!!
The room was dark,but light came into the room I was in! I stopped crying,a great peace filled the room,and a voice which came from all around me said" Luke 15:31-32!! those words! part 2 next
Much of our lives deals with self,few care about that,but you can be sure of this,evil has a face,and brings with it fear and doubt,and much despair. If you would have seen me before Jesus,then you would have seen the father I used to serve!( john 10:10) I practiced this to others,also this ( john 8:44) I lived such a lie before Jesus, my name should have been printed next to the word!
I grew up on the streets of Detroit,I fought a lot,lost some,but won far more then I lost,( see how self is!! LOL) My dad on earth was a very tough teacher of life! No hugs allowed,no kissing parents,never saying anything without a true purpose in ones own words! If you talk big, you better be able to fight big as well!
I, like most of you had a very tough childhood,I was seen, and not heard,I was to act, rather then talk about doing so. I grew up in this darkness,and looked to pull as many into the same as possible,the purpose?
It is tougher to see another in the dark,and much more fearful for those who dwell in it! My earthly dad and I hated each other,now hate is a word many use,but really do not understand the meaning of that word! Hate defined by me is simple,to see another dead before you, and rather then walk around that dead person, you step onto him then continue to walk! That was me!
After he finally died at 48 from a massive heart attack,I was just like him! He had served his own purpose for my life,and I was now perfectly made in his image! On June 12, 1972 my only dream in life had now become real! I received a letter from the Detroit Tiger baseball team to try out for there team!! I had lived, ate and breathed baseball all my life,it is all I wished to do,I was to report to the team July the 5th! I was so excited!!
Two days later I received a letter that I had been drafted into the Vietnam War,I had to enlist! I was to report on june the 30th! Oh NO!! I did my best to delay this,but with no good fortune,I had to call the baseball team on june the 23rd to tell them I could not try out. Angry?? Beyond anger!
My time I spent in Vietnam I will not speak much upon,for only those who have gone into battle understand what true battle is! I was attached to Special Forces along the perfume river near and fought in the battle of Hue,which was one of the most bloodest battles fought from 1968-1975, this battle by itself turned the American people against the war itself!
There were many K.I.A.( Killed in action) on both sides,please do look it up to understand. I remember a place we were at Xvan Phu near there,where little children received hospital care from us for Polio, we had left there for a time, and when we came back all the children arms were cut off and put in a little pile, with words on a piece of paper, translated, G.I go home,you have no idea of what we are capable of,you have entered our hell and if you stay you will become part of that which you fight!
There were many tears shed by us,the soldier could be good or bad,but purpose and strength to do what they did, having children of there own,yet the will to do that to other children!! We knew we were in great trouble! The army they had, had no morals, and they would never stop either! No thought taken, just willpower and evil so strong,many would not believe even after seeing this!
When I came home after two tours of this,you would have never wished to be around me! Bitter and so full of hate,I came home to a Country that spit upon me,from the airport no less! Many police had to protect many of us, because even after coming home from killing, our own people wished for us to continue this at home! So now it is all my fault I fought in the first place??
And this was how I could expect to be treated by my own people?? "When the walls fall apart in life,the center will not hold". My center fell! Mom could not take me in,i was to changed,brother could not stand me,and with very good reason! All I knew was hate for all!
After going with a very nice girl I had been seeing,ah not loving with for 2 years,she asked me to marry her? She had a kid about 14 who made the exorcist seem like child's play,so spoiled, I thought of ways to get rid of this kid,but his grandfather protected him like he was one of his own,so that was out.
I left,packed up my sea bag and started heading south,my brother was nice enough to drive me to I 75 in Detroit,and said I hope one day you change,but if not, never return to us,you have broken mom's heart as well as my own!
I never waited longer then 20 min for a ride, within 3 hours I was in deep into Ohio,and now a great storm was coming,as i was taking cover, a car came by to ask if i needed a ride. Stupid question but hey!
I got in and he started to talk about Jesus Christ loving me. Are you kidding me? I had a large knife which I put to his throat,and told him to do one of two things shut up about Jesus, or drop me off! I sure figured he would stop and drop me off!! I sure would of!! LOL he had no fear? He said if you kill me who will drive. LOL He did stop talking though,which was my purpose in the first place!!
For the next 5 hours no word was spoken, he asked if I was hungry, I had only about 30 dollars on me,so I told him my money supply was to low to eat right now,nor hungry enough,and he said fear not,I will pay for your meal. Pay for MY MEAL?? I told him that he was very strange to me. LOL he said i know, i get that a lot!! LOL
Upon eating he told me he was a teacher at Cumberland College,and that his dad was the dean of the college! He said since you have the G.I. Bill classes start in 2 weeks,and you can stay in one of the dorm rooms until classes start and you get assigned!
It is not like I had anything better to do you know! So I said sure ok. We got to the college and he introduced me to his Dad the dean of the College, we had some small talk about me being a soldier,and he gave me a room. I checked out the place,the date jan 12,1984,time 1500( that is 3pm to you civilians! LOL) it was cold, but not uncomfortable,when I heard a voice say,behold!! This is your final chance! I looked to see who said this! No one was around??
Must not of had enough sleep,i was tired,so went to sleep. Jan 18 classes begin,I got roomed with a guy named Darrel Wilson a junior at the College, but also a Jesus freak!! Oh NO!! Everyone liked Woody,that was his short name people used,i guess he was a hot shot on the golfing team there,and had no problem telling me of how good he had become at the game. I can take that,just do not tell me about Jesus bro! You do not believe in Jesus he asked? Look I said I am stuck with you,but I do not have to be around you,so let us just keep our distance and endure this with the least amount of pain as is possible ok??
Or else we are going to really have a serious problem to which you will lose!! Got it?? yea sure brother,I am not your brother, nor your friend,i am only a room mate we are both stuck with. LOL I laugh here I did not there. Time passed,i stayed out of the dorm room most days,because he was having Bible studies and prayer on most afternoons,I was busy making myself as unhappy as I could and was doing a very fine job at it when suddenly!( the good part now!! LOL)
One early morning at 1 am a knock came upon our dorm door,Woody got up, he knew I sure would not,to answer it.Now before I go further I should tell how mean I was to Woody as well,i would put dirt in his sheets,in his shoes to upset this so called christian,he never got mad? he knew who did it of course! All he would say is praise the Lord for the endurance, and for saving this my brother amen! This really upset me all the more!! LOL
Anyway getting back to the knock, he opened the door, and a baseball pitcher said Woody would you pray for me,i am pitching tomorrow and have badly sprained my arm,he said sure brother, let us pray for revelation from our Loving Jesus! I pretended to be asleep of course,but thought oh brother!! after about 30 min, I heard this loud snap! GLORY TO JESUS!!! THANK YOU LORD JESUS!!
HEY!!!! I am trying to sleep here!!! I have class at 9:30am!! Knock it off!! Sorry brother he said, I hated him calling me that!! They left the dorm room skipping and dancing and praising God! Ah Boy! The next morning after class,I decided to skip my other classes and go watch this baseball game,i did not care so much about who was playing as I did to see this pitcher who Woody touched and God healed! HOLY SMOKE!! he is on the mound!! Pitching yet!
They won 3-0, and I was dumfounded! time 2100( 9pm) i had a bite to eat and went back to the dorm room, but Woody was not there! BUT! Something was in the room!! A Presence I had never felt before in my whole life!! I could not see who it was but for no reason whatsoever I stated to cry,and i mean cry! ME CRY??
Do not remember the last time I cried! I head footsteps,it was Woody coming back to the dorm room,I cannot let him see me in such a state!! I ran over to the mop closet across from our room,turned the empty pail over and sat down weeping so loud I had to cover my mouth! What the hell is wrong with me anyway!!!
The room was dark,but light came into the room I was in! I stopped crying,a great peace filled the room,and a voice which came from all around me said" Luke 15:31-32!! those words! part 2 next