Full WebSite

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LaVieEnRose

I have an iphone. Is there a way to access the full website from a phone, like we used to be able to? I noticed there is not an app for I phone users. I mean, so we can see what is happening on the site.

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
Hey there LaVieEnRose. The new site should actually be even more mobile friendly, including on iPhone. Have you tried it?

L

LaVieEnRose

Yes, it is interesting. Previously, there was a tab that you could click to go to the full website. When I am on my phone, I prefer the full web site versions (I realize I am an outlier). Will there be a full website option in the future?

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
The IPhone app is terrible! There are no page numbers. I wanted to go back to page 1 of a thread to read the OP and there is no way to do it! There is no way to negotiate a thread. There are no page numbers to flip back and forth. You are just stuck.

I would also love the full version, which is what I used before the switch. My IPad and computer are fine, easy to move around, But, I will just not go to CC while on my phone. I’m tired of the frustration already!

U

Ugly

There is no iPhone app. The only apps the site has are for chat rooms. And that does not have an iPhone version yet. Otherwise you're simply on the mobile version of the site.
And since the updated site has changed platforms there is no longer a full site. The full site and the mobile are now basically the same site, just with a few things moved around, such as the new posts and threads are at the bottom on the mobile version and on the pc version they're on the side.
What you see now is the site and the only version of it.

L

LaVieEnRose

There is no iPhone app. The only apps the site has are for chat rooms. And that does not have an iPhone version yet. Otherwise you're simply on the mobile version of the site.
And since the updated site has changed platforms there is no longer a full site. The full site and the mobile are now basically the same site, just with a few things moved around, such as the new posts and threads are at the bottom on the mobile version and on the pc version they're on the side.
What you see now is the site and the only version of it.
Thanks for explaining.

L

LaVieEnRose

The IPhone app is terrible! There are no page numbers. I wanted to go back to page 1 of a thread to read the OP and there is no way to do it! There is no way to negotiate a thread. There are no page numbers to flip back and forth. You are just stuck.

I would also love the full version, which is what I used before the switch. My IPad and computer are fine, easy to move around, But, I will just not go to CC while on my phone. I’m tired of the frustration already!
I liked the full website option, but I guess it is not going to be on the updated site.

U

Ugly

I liked the full website option, but I guess it is not going to be on the updated site.
Now it's the same thing anyways. Go on a laptop or desktop and the site will be nearly identical.

L

LaVieEnRose

Now it's the same thing anyways. Go on a laptop or desktop and the site will be nearly identical.
My personal computer crashed a while back. I have a work computer, but I don’t want to use it for personal purposes. I do anything social on my phone. Thanks for the information.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
If you call having some posts with no pages, no way to move backwards on the threads the same, you probably need revisit the idea. I used to always use the full site on the old forum, on my phone, and it was great. Now, I literally will not be using my phone. Instead, I will probably spend twice as much time on FB, which isn't the most intellectually stimulating exercise!

Any possibility of getting page numbers or a way to go back to the beginning of a thread, or the middle, on an iPhone. I mean, a LOT of people use iPhones, to not have the ability to go anything but one way is really ridiculous!

U

Ugly

If you call having some posts with no pages, no way to move backwards on the threads the same, you probably need revisit the idea. I used to always use the full site on the old forum, on my phone, and it was great. Now, I literally will not be using my phone. Instead, I will probably spend twice as much time on FB, which isn't the most intellectually stimulating exercise!

Any possibility of getting page numbers or a way to go back to the beginning of a thread, or the middle, on an iPhone. I mean, a LOT of people use iPhones, to not have the ability to go anything but one way is really ridiculous!
If you read more carefully you would have seen that I had reiterated that the mobile and desktop version of this site are basically the same. There is no "full version" because the only differences I see now are the placement of new threads, blogs and posts to underneath the forums, rather than beside it, on the phone.

Oh. And I have pages numbers on Every page. So I need to revisit nothing. 20180606_230736.png

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
If you read more carefully you would have seen that I had reiterated that the mobile and desktop version of this site are basically the same. There is no "full version" because the only differences I see now are the placement of new threads, blogs and posts to underneath the forums, rather than beside it, on the phone.

Oh. And I have pages numbers on Every page. So I need to revisit nothing. View attachment 183529

I keep phrasing this the wrong way. Yes, there are page numbers. But no way to go back, or if there are 191 pages, to go to page 5, or 53 or 187. if I am on page 9 of 10, there is no way on an iPhone, to go back to page one and read the OP. Unless my IphoneX is different.

So, I am not talking about labeling pages. I am talking about MOVING between pages, especially backwards. Or any direction except "next!" If you can show me an existing way to go from page 7 down to page 2, then I will be a happy person. Because, there seems to be no mechanism to move backwards or to go to select pages on an iPhone. And I DO have them on my MacBook Pro and my iPad. Sort of little links between pages.

So "page links." Am I clear? I know I was not saying it correctly. Where are the links on a thread to go between pages? That is my question! Not between threads, but between pages, besides one pathetic next button, which always takes you forward.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I do go back and forth a lot on threads. Plus, if I go to the end on my computer, then if I get my phone out, and I want to read pages 6-10, I cannot do it. I cannot go backwards, nor between pages.

Sorry, I'm just trying to make myself clear! No one seems to get what I am saying, and I do believe I am not being clear about my issue. I do not want page numbers, I want LINKS to go between pages on a thread.

Groovy_Dan

Aug 26, 2013
Install Chrome for free from AppStore, load the site. hit the 3 dots (fries button to right of the adress bar) and click "Request Desktop Site"

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Install Chrome for free from AppStore, load the site. hit the 3 dots (fries button to right of the adress bar) and click "Request Desktop Site"
Thanks so much! I had Google Chrome downloaded, but I was using Safari, instead, which is my default browser on my Iphone. Now, I get an option to go to different pages! Thanks again for giving me a way to do it. Mac is not compatible with a lot of things, these days it seems!