Fun things to do

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
I remember giving a whole load of comic mangas to students of ESL english second language school. They really appreciated them. I didnt read any myself but for someone who needs to learn how to read they can be really useful.

Also boys tend to love comics (librarians call them graphic novels or graphics) and just the thing for reluctanct readers. Why because they are fun to read. Certainly more fun than a load of textbooks.
Hmmm perhaps if you do that again you give em a quick look through or at least look at the rating on the back. Just saying comics (manga especially) can be pretty disturbing lol. The comic book code came out in the states around the 1960s for that reason. It was censorship thing comics where getting rather disturbing especially the horror genre (Tales from the Crypt for example) the ones at time where probably fairly tame by todays standards. The original Ninja Turtles was easily R rated material for example. 61y03LofXXL._SX373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
I've got a lot of hobbies (probably too many haha) but I just love making things. Anything from wood furniture to model dioramas to what I'm working on now, which is a shadow box! More specifically a "papercut shadow box" from what I understand. I saw a photo of one and decided to make my own. It's very much a work in progress right now, however. But I think it's coming along nice. View attachment 203717
I've got a lot of hobbies (probably too many haha) but I just love making things. Anything from wood furniture to model dioramas to what I'm working on now, which is a shadow box! More specifically a "papercut shadow box" from what I understand. I saw a photo of one and decided to make my own. It's very much a work in progress right now, however. But I think it's coming along nice. View attachment 203717
03d903cf1c244e0bb1b34cc4426428ad.jpg

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Play scrabble and try and beat the high score. Currently my highest score is 347

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Card games....lots and lots of card games 66266579_2850342591704727_8504768061989978112_n.png cotd170806.png 1128600.jpg

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
How about a nice game of Triple Triad instead?
I drew a blank on that until I looked it up lol. If theres a physical version id be all about it 😊

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I had FF9 for a bit, but never completed it. The story didn't grab me. Even FF8 was a more interesting story.

And of course no other FF can hold a candle to FF7.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I just watched (or tried to watch) a let's-play for FF9, because today is my day off and I have nothing better to do, and to confirm my years-ago impression. Yup, no interest. They did way too much comedy and not enough real story. Steiner alone would put it firmly in "hokey" territory, not to mention Zidane's flirting with every girl. And the queen is so immediately and blatantly evil... I think back when I played the game, the first sight of the queen was when I lost interest. Any game that goes that far out of its way to make an antagonist try to appear evil in that many ways is just too slapstick for me. Give me Sephiroth or Edea any day.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Do you live in Canada? I havent iceskated in years we have to go to special rinks cos it almost never snows where I live. It doesnt get cold enough for lakes to freeze. Theres even an indoor place called snow planet that has artificial snow on a slope.

Although there was one day several years ago that it actually did snow but the suburbs where I was we had none so missed out on all the excitement everyone else got when they actually saw snow for the first time in Auckland.

Is this why the Frozen movie is so popular. And santa claus. I could never understand why santa lived in the North Pole, and why when its summer here everyone was talking about snow at christmas. Are you people mad? Stop singing about how its cold outside when it isnt even.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
The rink we have is called Paradice.
When I think of Jesus saying to his mate on the cross 'today you will be with me in Paradice' I somehow imagine them going iceskating and having fun.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Do you live in Canada? I havent iceskated in years we have to go to special rinks cos it almost never snows where I live. It doesnt get cold enough for lakes to freeze. Theres even an indoor place called snow planet that has artificial snow on a slope.

Although there was one day several years ago that it actually did snow but the suburbs where I was we had none so missed out on all the excitement everyone else got when they actually saw snow for the first time in Auckland.

Is this why the Frozen movie is so popular. And santa claus. I could never understand why santa lived in the North Pole, and why when its summer here everyone was talking about snow at christmas. Are you people mad? Stop singing about how its cold outside when it isnt even.
No I also have to go to an indoor rink, haven't been in a long time but I really enjoy it. The rink near me closed down so I have to drive like 40 mins and it's not too terribly cheap at that one (I think like 15-20) which is a bit with gas. I've tried so hard to try and get other people to go with me but people don't want to.

I even get emphatic YES's but alas no emphatic YES WE ACTUALLY WENT's.

haven't gone because I don't want to go by myself but I'm at the point where I guess I'll just have to solo it :p

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
No I also have to go to an indoor rink, haven't been in a long time but I really enjoy it. The rink near me closed down so I have to drive like 40 mins and it's not too terribly cheap at that one (I think like 15-20) which is a bit with gas. I've tried so hard to try and get other people to go with me but people don't want to.

I even get emphatic YES's but alas no emphatic YES WE ACTUALLY WENT's.

haven't gone because I don't want to go by myself but I'm at the point where I guess I'll just have to solo it :p
Yea my friends (or the people I seem to know) are so boring all they want to do is either watch movies or go sit and drink coffee and talk about nothing. I fall asleep in both those activities....

But the thing is they do those things all the time which are forgettable it adds up whereas if they saved they could do a fun thing that is actually memorable!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I would love to do this treetop walk.

One time I did one in australia and the friend who came with me piked out so I ended up walking it all by myself. I did not know her that well, if Id also known that she snored loudly and watched tv in bed without bothering to turn it off and thought nothing of it I would not have gone with her.

Some of my friendships have been a bit disastrous, but then I wonder what my friends thought of me when I organised a trip to this spookers attraction and then didnt go with them...

One thing I did that was quite expensive with some friends was visiitng Hobbiton but I reckon it was worth it.
You can find some fun things to do that dont involve too much cost like an ice cream factory tour, I needed 12 attendees and managed to organise it.

Im trying to get a puzzle factory tour happening but...now schools kinda interfers with it a bit.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Hooray! A friend has offered to go with me on a road trip holiday and we get to do fun things! Shes gonna book the motel so I dont have to worry about it. And it will be for 3 days

The last time i went i was the one driving, booking the accomodation and then my friends said oh I have to be back before x so can only do one night. Then the other friend was like I can only afford one day. Dont you hate it when friends dont offer to organise anything and expect you to attend all the details. Im like if you dont really want to go then just say. The other friend who was visitng down there didnt offer a place for us or to do anything fun so Im not going to even bother going out of my way to see her this time.

I mean im sure eith some people they would just be happy sitting in the car the whole time. You could pretty much leave them in the backseat cos they wont suggest anything to do.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
I just watched (or tried to watch) a let's-play for FF9, because today is my day off and I have nothing better to do, and to confirm my years-ago impression. Yup, no interest. They did way too much comedy and not enough real story. Steiner alone would put it firmly in "hokey" territory, not to mention Zidane's flirting with every girl. And the queen is so immediately and blatantly evil... I think back when I played the game, the first sight of the queen was when I lost interest. Any game that goes that far out of its way to make an antagonist try to appear evil in that many ways is just too slapstick for me. Give me Sephiroth or Edea any day.
It gets better around disc 2 tbh I didn't like it a first either although I do think the comedy is refreshing especially right after beating FF7 but it actually my favorite one story and mechanics wise

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
Make some almond milk from scratch. Make a vegetable pickle.
Bake a keto or vegan bread.
Eat healthy home made food.
So many fun things to do in the kitchen.