Future Sins Are Forgiven Verse

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Chester

May 23, 2016
Saying "future sin is forgiven" is akin to saying that the provision is made. Whatever sin that may come (future) to pass is thoroughly ready to be washed in the blood of Christ (making our sins of scarlet as white as snow, our sins of crimson as white as wool). Scripture, in Hebrews, is very plain (and forward) on how sin is dealt with. It says, "without the shedding of blood there is no remission" (Hebrews 9:22). This is why Jesus' sacrifice and resurrection had to be done, an eternally sufficient sacrifice (He is risen).

If the blood of Christ didn't cleanse our sins today, then the lost would never be saved. How else are their sins atoned for, or remitted (presently)? By the same blood He shed then, and His ministry as High Priest.

Hebrews 9:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

Hebrews 9:22-26 King James Version (KJV)
22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
I agree with all you say above, except: "Saying "future sin is forgiven" is akin to saying that the provision is made."

Saying my future sin is forgiven means it has already been forgiven before I commit it.
Saying the provision is made means that as I believe, every sin I may commit is forgiven and never counted against me!

That at least is how I see the difference . . . :)

Mar 28, 2016
The thing is that some see us "in" the mill. kingdom while some see us to be awaiting it's beginning at a future date in time. That I think cast rocks under all the wheels in what your thinking in that in Revelation the beast and false prophet are cast into the lake of fire but the devil is not "judged",,,(bound in chains till after the mill.) and then he is cast into the lake of fire(his final judgment) and Gog/Magog also(after the mill.). Those who are raised in the second Resurrection of the dead and are judged out of the books are separate from those who are of the first Resurrection(second death hath no part) and are also not part of those judged before the mill. and are of the second(after the mill.)...

So all would make sense in what you are thinking if "everyone was already judged" in their final judgment today(or at the cross,past tense),,,but Revelation 19-20 clearly shows that an other group of man and the devil himself are not finally judged until after the mill. kingdom.

So the devil and those judged after the mill. have all their sins been forgiven?
The thousand year is a metaphor used in that parable to represent a unknown . Its how the word thousand is used through scripture as to whatever is in view. The last day is the day that those who known not Christ will be cast into the lake of fire as the second death and in the same twinkling of the eye the believers will receive their promised new incorruptible body.

JGIG

Aug 2, 2013
They are dealt with by your present tense believing.

Note vs. 25...

"25Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them."-Hebrews 7:25

It isn't that you don't need any more sacrifice for sin after you accept Jesus' sacrifice. The author is saying that you don't need to offer up another sacrifice when you sin again like you did under the old covenant because the sacrifice of Jesus is still there on the altar from the last time you sinned still interceding for you. And so in that way you have been made perfect.

So he's not saying you don't need any sacrifice now. He's simply saying the one you brought to the Father in the past is still there and able to deal with this day's sin. You don't need to bring another sacrifice to cover new sins. The one that's still there is doing that (which is why we should continue to believe and trust in it).

The key to understanding all this is to do what the author of Hebrews does--contrast what the priest and sacrifice in the old covenant couldn't do for you with what the Priest and Sacrifice in this New Covenant can and will do for you, and for that reason should continue to trust in that new Priest and Sacrifice.
Read a bit further to Hebrews 10, where it states that Jesus does NOT "still there on the altar from the last time you sinned still interceding for you."

11 And every priest stands daily at his service, offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet. 14 For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified. (from Hebrews 10)

No, Christ's work is done; He sat down because it is finished, something earthly priests could NEVER do.

That is the wonder of our Great High Priest \o/!

-JGIG

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
Read a bit further to Hebrews 10, where it states that Jesus does NOT "still there on the altar from the last time you sinned still interceding for you."

11 And every priest stands daily at his service, offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet. 14 For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified. (from Hebrews 10)

No, Christ's work is done; He sat down because it is finished, something earthly priests could NEVER do.

That is the wonder of our Great High Priest \o/!

-JGIG
Once you establish the foundation of Christ and Him crucified, and that sin is remitted, you can then move on to the walk we are to live. I find that the mindset of seeking forgiveness for sin is at odds with the reconciliation Christ purchased for us, both in terms of standing and emotions (such as feeling condemned instead of secure). Its like the work of Christ is believed but not fully understood. It is seen, but not comprehended fully.

I think its funny when we read in scripture the question of sinning that grace may abound, because it is understood, [it being] the depths of God's forgiveness granted through the blood of Christ. It is such a grace filled perspective, where merit is meaningless because we have none. The only barrier between man and God is you, and by you I mean each and every one of us individually decides the depths of our relationship with God. Sin is remitted, so what stands between God and His children or His people? Only deception.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
In response to the title of the OP, this would have to be true since we are not perfeted until the Lord, Himself, finishes the work in each one of us……..we are uinder grace and mercy until then.

Do not use this grace as license to live in disobedience for disobedience is breaking the law, sin.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
In response to the title of the OP, this would have to be true since we are not perfeted until the Lord, Himself, finishes the work in each one of us……..we are uinder grace and mercy until then.

Do not use this grace as license to live in disobedience for disobedience is breaking the law, sin.
Until then? It says that Jesus intercedes on our behalf forever. Thats eternity. Its not like if it were possible to slip up in eternity His grace would be insufficient. His priesthood is eternal.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Until then? It says that Jesus intercedes on our behalf forever. Thats eternity. Its not like if it were possible to slip up in eternity His grace would be insufficient. His priesthood is eternal.
If you can tell me just how many times we are taught that on the day chosen by the Lord we will all be perfect and then say what you have poste here counters it, , it would be a stretch.

Also we are taught that you and I will be just like Jesus, we will not be Jesus but just like He. No that is too glorious to even delve into.

There will be no sin, no disobedience in the Kingdom…….Our High Priest, after the order of Melchizedek is indeed forever, but we too have been made priests under Him and made pure once and for all by Him..… Again, more mystery that no one understand perfectly here in this age, but all will.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
="BenFTW, post: 3708787, member: 140474"]In
discussing the total forgiveness we have through Jesus Christ, for all sin, it is often brought up that there isn't a verse that explicitly states future sin is forgiven (or the sins committed throughout one's life). They will argue that only past sins before conversion are wiped clean. However, present sin and future sin must be dealt with on an individual basis, an on-going basis (i.e., seeking forgiveness).

Now I have had this discussion with many people and some headway actually was accomplished. Eventually they did concede that such forgiveness didn't have to do with judicial standing before God. They understood and agreed that it is through the blood of Christ that we have obtained forgiveness and Jesus is the propitiation for our sins thereby making us justified before God. Not penance, sin confession, or even repentance (throughout one's life), but the blood of Christ is what justifies us. The Gospel that we believe in, that we are saved by grace through faith. Our righteousness, one of faith. Our standing, by the grace of God and the sacrifice of Jesus Christ (who is risen).

Now, what verse is it that claims all sin is forgiven? What single verse establishes this case? To my delight I was reading Hebrews recently and the verse, I am about to share with you, just worded it so perfectly that it stood out to me.

Hebrews 7:27 King James Version (KJV)
27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

Please take note of the role of the high priest to deal with daily sin through the offering up of sacrifice. Then notice when speaking of Jesus, our High Priest (eternally, after the order of Melchizedek) the verse says "this He did once, when He offered up Himself." He (Jesus) doesn't do daily sacrifices to deal with our ("daily") sin, but He did this once when He died on the cross.

This represents so clearly how through the blood of Christ we have the remission of sin, of all sin. What does scripture say, of such sin? Where remission of these is there is no more offering for sin (Hebrews 10:18). Forgiveness, total and complete forgiveness is granted to us. We are forgiven. We are justified. A single verse that paints it so beautifully (not to mention to myriad of verses revealing Jesus' role as our High Priest).

1 John 2:1-2 King James Version (KJV)
2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
I have always wondered at the idea of "future sin". Even how it exists in a human mind. The God of the Bible defines sin as "Transgressing God's commandments". By definition "ALL" sin is past sin for a human. Do I say in my mind "tomorrow I am going to sin against God"? And even if a man does say this, until he actually "Transgresses" has he sinned? Now for God it is different. He knows the future. He knows if we are going to sin. But we don't.

I understand the idea that our High Priest is in heaven. And that He doesn't have to offer up sacrifices every day to atone for sins a man commits. The commanded sacrifice has been made once and for all.

But this idea that EVERYONE on the planet goes to heaven because this same High Priest forgives all sins, even all those which have not yet been committed, is not shared by the Christ and His Disciples, certainly not His Prophets, IMO.

Matt. 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Rom. 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Ez. 18:
23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?
24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

There are volumes more scriptures which carry this same message but in the interest of keep this post short enough to read, I won't post them.

So it seems that NOT ALL SIN is forgiven. Not ALL past sins, and then that would mean, not all future sins either. So whose sin is forgiven? Is it not the repentant? Can I be an unrepentant sinner and be forgiven anyway?

Rom. 3:
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Luke 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

How can I repent of sin's I have not yet committed? Can I say; "God, next week I am going to lust after the new girl next door, I'm sorry about this sin, will you gorgive this sin I commit tomorrow, today? Of course not.

It's one thing to know the Messiah will forgive the repentant when they fall. It's another to be convinced our sin doesn't matter, that the Christ has already forgiven them.

Heb. 3:
12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

If the Christ has already forgiven ALL Future sin, why does Paul tell us to take Heed?

14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

1 Cor. 15:
30 And why stand we in jeopardy every hour?
31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.
32 If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.
33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

I think it is dangerous to be convinced that we are all set, that transgressing God's Commandments doesn't matter anymore, they are already forgiven. Paul sure wasn't convinced. It seems Eve was also taken in by such a teaching.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
I agree with all you say above, except: "Saying "future sin is forgiven"
Believe your right Chester

2 PETER1 [4] Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.[5] And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;[6] And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;[7] And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.[8] For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.[9] BUT HE THAT LACKETH THESE THINGS IS BLIND, AND CANNOT SEE AFAR OFF, AND HATH FORGOTTEN THAT HE WAS PURGED FROM HIS OLD SINS.

ROMANS 3 [23] For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;[24] Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:[25] Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS THAT ARE PAST, through the forbearance of God;

Also found scriptures sayin if you continue in sin {future sins}, youll be up the creek without a paddle

JOHN 5 [11] He answered them, He that made me whole, the same said unto me, Take up thy bed, and walk. [12] Then asked they him, What man is that which said unto thee, Take up thy bed, and walk?[13] And he that was healed wist not who it was: for Jesus had conveyed himself away, a multitude being in that place.[14] Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, BEHOLD, THOU ART MADE WHOLE: SIN NO MORE, LEST A WORSE THING COME UNTO THEE.

PSALM 55 [17] Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice. [18] He hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me: for there were many with me. [19] God shall hear, and afflict them, even he that abideth of old. Selah. BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO CHANGES, therefore they fear not God.

know1

Aug 27, 2012
In discussing the total forgiveness we have through Jesus Christ, for all sin, it is often brought up that there isn't a verse that explicitly states future sin is forgiven (or the sins committed throughout one's life). They will argue that only past sins before conversion are wiped clean. However, present sin and future sin must be dealt with on an individual basis, an on-going basis (i.e., seeking forgiveness).

Now I have had this discussion with many people and some headway actually was accomplished. Eventually they did concede that such forgiveness didn't have to do with judicial standing before God. They understood and agreed that it is through the blood of Christ that we have obtained forgiveness and Jesus is the propitiation for our sins thereby making us justified before God. Not penance, sin confession, or even repentance (throughout one's life), but the blood of Christ is what justifies us. The Gospel that we believe in, that we are saved by grace through faith. Our righteousness, one of faith. Our standing, by the grace of God and the sacrifice of Jesus Christ (who is risen).

Now, what verse is it that claims all sin is forgiven? What single verse establishes this case? To my delight I was reading Hebrews recently and the verse, I am about to share with you, just worded it so perfectly that it stood out to me.

27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

Please take note of the role of the high priest to deal with daily sin through the offering up of sacrifice. Then notice when speaking of Jesus, our High Priest (eternally, after the order of Melchizedek) the verse says "this He did once, when He offered up Himself." He (Jesus) doesn't do daily sacrifices to deal with our ("daily") sin, but He did this once when He died on the cross.

This represents so clearly how through the blood of Christ we have the remission of sin, of all sin. What does scripture say, of such sin? Where remission of these is there is no more offering for sin (Hebrews 10:18). Forgiveness, total and complete forgiveness is granted to us. We are forgiven. We are justified. A single verse that paints it so beautifully (not to mention to myriad of verses revealing Jesus' role as our High Priest).

2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
Nowhere in scripture do you see future sins automatically forgiven after the New Birth, it is assumed they are automatically forgiven.
It is very clear and scripture that sin causes sicknesses and diseases.
If your sins, offenses where automatically forgiven, then there would be no sicknesses or diseases in the children of God. And neither would God hold anything against us, but we all know that is not the case.
God said if you defile the Temple of the Holy Ghost, God will destroy you.
Again, if your sins were automatically covered under the blood of Jesus without repenting or asking for God's forgiveness, then scripture wouldn't tell you, the child of God, 2 confess your sins in order to be forgiven and cleansed of all unrighteousness.
The blood of Jesus covers our sins when we ask for forgiveness in faith, because we've repented and apply the blood of Jesus to cover that sin.
And even as salvation and healing are covered under the blood Covenant and require faith in order to receive both, the same applies to forgiveness from God as well. It requires both Faith and Action, in the part of repenting and confessing that sin, which is a work of faith.
Again the Bible declares that without corresponding action to your faith, that so-called faith is dead, useless, and powerless.
After one is born again, all things are not done automatically but still require everything to be done in faith. Even the Forgiveness of sins.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
Believe your right Chester

2 PETER1 [4] Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.[5] And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;[6] And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;[7] And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.[8] For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.[9] BUT HE THAT LACKETH THESE THINGS IS BLIND, AND CANNOT SEE AFAR OFF, AND HATH FORGOTTEN THAT HE WAS PURGED FROM HIS OLD SINS.

ROMANS 3 [23] For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;[24] Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:[25] Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS THAT ARE PAST, through the forbearance of God;

Also found scriptures sayin if you continue in sin {future sins}, youll be up the creek without a paddle

JOHN 5 [11] He answered them, He that made me whole, the same said unto me, Take up thy bed, and walk. [12] Then asked they him, What man is that which said unto thee, Take up thy bed, and walk?[13] And he that was healed wist not who it was: for Jesus had conveyed himself away, a multitude being in that place.[14] Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, BEHOLD, THOU ART MADE WHOLE: SIN NO MORE, LEST A WORSE THING COME UNTO THEE.

PSALM 55 [17] Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice. [18] He hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me: for there were many with me. [19] God shall hear, and afflict them, even he that abideth of old. Selah. BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO CHANGES, therefore they fear not God.
The verses you've used are being poorly represented (said respectfully). 2 Peter 1:9 for example, you tried to present "purged from his old sins" as being in reference to forgiveness from sins that are past, but that isn't what the verse is saying. It is saying that the person has been set free from his sins that are past; he has the liberty to walk in righteousness. If you look up the Greek word for purged in the verse, you see it speaks of cleansing and purification.

The use of Romans 3:23-25 too is skewed in that you should look at other translations to get an idea of what is being said. It speaks of previous sins that God overlooked through His forbearance. You can deduce this (yes from looking at other translations but also) because the entire context of the passage is speaking of our justification by faith, and by necessity it would have to require total forgiveness. How can we be justified by faith if our sins are yet still against us? Jesus is the propitiation, the appeasement, for our sins. There is no other way about it, or we'd be lost.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
="BenFTW, post: 3708787, member: 140474"]In

I have always wondered at the idea of "future sin". Even how it exists in a human mind. The God of the Bible defines sin as "Transgressing God's commandments". By definition "ALL" sin is past sin for a human. Do I say in my mind "tomorrow I am going to sin against God"? And even if a man does say this, until he actually "Transgresses" has he sinned? Now for God it is different. He knows the future. He knows if we are going to sin. But we don't.

I understand the idea that our High Priest is in heaven. And that He doesn't have to offer up sacrifices every day to atone for sins a man commits. The commanded sacrifice has been made once and for all.

But this idea that EVERYONE on the planet goes to heaven because this same High Priest forgives all sins, even all those which have not yet been committed, is not shared by the Christ and His Disciples, certainly not His Prophets, IMO.

Matt. 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Rom. 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Ez. 18:
23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?
24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

There are volumes more scriptures which carry this same message but in the interest of keep this post short enough to read, I won't post them.

So it seems that NOT ALL SIN is forgiven. Not ALL past sins, and then that would mean, not all future sins either. So whose sin is forgiven? Is it not the repentant? Can I be an unrepentant sinner and be forgiven anyway?

Rom. 3:
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Luke 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

How can I repent of sin's I have not yet committed? Can I say; "God, next week I am going to lust after the new girl next door, I'm sorry about this sin, will you gorgive this sin I commit tomorrow, today? Of course not.

It's one thing to know the Messiah will forgive the repentant when they fall. It's another to be convinced our sin doesn't matter, that the Christ has already forgiven them.

Heb. 3:
12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

If the Christ has already forgiven ALL Future sin, why does Paul tell us to take Heed?

14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

1 Cor. 15:
30 And why stand we in jeopardy every hour?
31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.
32 If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.
33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

I think it is dangerous to be convinced that we are all set, that transgressing God's Commandments doesn't matter anymore, they are already forgiven. Paul sure wasn't convinced. It seems Eve was also taken in by such a teaching.
There are a couple issues here, and the first one is that you think Universalism is found in the OP. I posted the verse in its entire context, which includes it saying that Jesus is not only the propitiation for our sins but also for the sins of the whole world. This isn't Universalism, it is scripture, and all it means is that Jesus died for the world. His sacrifice was for them, just as much as for us, only they as we must believe. It isn't automatically attributed to them, but surely, His forgiveness that is granted through His blood is available to them (if they repent and believe).

Secondly, I have too expressed that technically all sin is past once committed. So, funny enough, people's use of verses speaking of past sins being forgiven would be all sin (haha). In saying that future sin is forgiven (meaning that the sin that may come), all that is really being said is that the blood of Christ has granted us the remission of sin, Jesus paid the penalty for our sins at the cross, and now sits at the Father's right hand. He is our High Priest, and unlike other high priests, He doesn't do daily sacrifices for our sins, making appeasement with God, but did it once and sat down (at the Father's right hand). As scripture says, "where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin." We are forgiven.

Now, you may find God's grace dangerous or such a presentation of the complete forgiveness we have from God through Christ's blood, but we must understand the repercussions of such a belief (from scripture). Scripture says that sin shall not have dominion over you, not under the law, but under grace, and that His grace teaches us to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts (Titus 2:12). His grace sets free, it does not entangle us in sin.

His forgiveness through the work of Christ, the blood of Christ, is so very important to our peace with God, our very fellowship and reconciliation brought on by His sacrifice.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
There are a couple issues here, and the first one is that you think Universalism is found in the OP. I posted the verse in its entire context, which includes it saying that Jesus is not only the propitiation for our sins but also for the sins of the whole world. This isn't Universalism, it is scripture, and all it means is that Jesus died for the world. His sacrifice was for them, just as much as for us, only they as we must believe. It isn't automatically attributed to them, but surely, His forgiveness that is granted through His blood is available to them (if they repent and believe).

Secondly, I have too expressed that technically all sin is past once committed. So, funny enough, people's use of verses speaking of past sins being forgiven would be all sin (haha). In saying that future sin is forgiven (meaning that the sin that may come), all that is really being said is that the blood of Christ has granted us the remission of sin, Jesus paid the penalty for our sins at the cross, and now sits at the Father's right hand. He is our High Priest, and unlike other high priests, He doesn't do daily sacrifices for our sins, making appeasement with God, but did it once and sat down (at the Father's right hand). As scripture says, "where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin." We are forgiven.

Now, you may find God's grace dangerous or such a presentation of the complete forgiveness we have from God through Christ's blood, but we must understand the repercussions of such a belief (from scripture). Scripture says that sin shall not have dominion over you, not under the law, but under grace, and that His grace teaches us to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts (Titus 2:12). His grace sets free, it does not entangle us in sin.

His forgiveness through the work of Christ, the blood of Christ, is so very important to our peace with God, our very fellowship and reconciliation brought on by His sacrifice.
I don't find God's Grace dangerous, I find the teaching that everyone receives it regardless of their religious traditions or lifestyle dangerous. I am simply stating that according to the only source of Grace, Grace is not given to every human that claims to have it. I know this because of the Word's of the only source of Grace. The only "Giver of Grace"

and again:

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

and again:

Rom. 11:
21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

And again:

Col. 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

These are the Word's spoken and inspired by the same Lord that is the sole origin of Grace. We can not receive Grace by any other means. Therefore I believe in Him because if it were not true He would have not said it.

So it seems to me it is more important to define from God's Word who receives this Grace and why the Christ tells us to "Take Heed" that we are not deceived into believing something that is not true, as was EVE. Than it is to tell everyone who goes to any church with any doctrine that everyone is saved and nothing they can do will change that.

This is a dangerous teaching in my opinion.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
In discussing the total forgiveness we have through Jesus Christ, for all sin, it is often brought up that there isn't a verse that explicitly states future sin is forgiven (or the sins committed throughout one's life). They will argue that only past sins before conversion are wiped clean. However, present sin and future sin must be dealt with on an individual basis, an on-going basis (i.e., seeking forgiveness).

Past sins forgiven before conversion but we still have to ask for forgiveness n repent if present sin otherwise unrepented sin causes seperation from God...Jesus still died to cover ALL sins but we gotta do our part..Its like being saved..WE still have to decide to ask Jesus in our hearts etc..and He does..salvation just isnt a "given" neither is forgiveness..