Gabby Petito: Search for missing woman continues; Fiancé Brian Laundrie is person of interest

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
A ‘Vanlife’ Couple Went on a Cross-Country Trip, but Only One Returned
Gabrielle Petito and her fiancé, Brian Laundrie, left on July 2 for an adventure in their outfitted van. Now, the police say, she is missing and her fiancé is “a person of interest” in her disappearance.

Gabrielle Petito and her fiancé, Brian Laundrie, left on July 2 for an adventure in their outfitted van. Now, the police say, she is missing and her fiancé is “a person of interest” in her disappearance.

Both told the police that the episode should be classified as a “mental/emotional health ‘break,’” rather than as a domestic assault. The police arranged for Mr. Laundrie to stay in a hotel that night and let Ms. Petito keep the van. No charges were filed, the report states.

Mr. Laundrie returned to his house — in the white Ford van that the couple had used for the trip and that had been registered to Ms. Petito — in North Port, Fla., near Fort Myers, on Sept. 1, and Ms. Petito’s family reported her missing 10 days later, according to the North Port Police Department.

Mr. Laundrie has not been arrested or declared a suspect in the case. A person of interest is a vague term often used by law enforcement agencies to identify a person they believe may have been involved in a crime but who has not been arrested.

Mr. Laundrie was described as a person of interest because he was the last person known to have been with Ms. Petito before she went missing, said Josh Taylor, a spokesman for the department, which is working with the F.B.I. to find Ms. Petito.

Since his return, Mr. Laundrie has declined to talk to the police or to cooperate with investigators, Mr. Taylor said.
Utah police release bodycam footage showing interaction with her, Brian Laundrie

Search for missing woman continues; Brian Laundrie is person of interest:

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
Terribly sad.Demonic spirits do walk this world. May justice find Brian.

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021

GiveThanks

God Will Make A Way
Dec 6, 2020
He needs to confess. No point draging it out.

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
Body was found near the area the search for her is underway....oh no

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
FBI just confirmed the body found was her, she's dead. RIP and condolences to her family

GiveThanks

God Will Make A Way
Dec 6, 2020
So its confirmed now. So sad. May her soul rest in peace. My condolences and prayers for her family🙏🏾.

Immature couple arguing and fighting, going on road trip out in the middle of nowhere. A sure recipe for disaster.

Such a pity the officer who pulled them over didnt encourage her to just go home.

While her youtube video showed wonderful fake images of them on a lovely road trip...sigh

She actually said she was scared her fiancé would drive away and leave her. So she is on a road trip with a man she cant trust! Thats crazy!

Her travel blog that she was creating was stressing her out because it was lies. The happyness she was trying to put across was lies.

Gabby had a promising future, from what I've seen. But its clear she just wasnt ready to go on that adventure just yet...

She saved up all the money for that trip, it was her van, it was her idea, but Brian didnt even believe she could do a travel blog...Ok sooo what was his purpose on that trip? (I think she mentioned that she couldnt drive? I dont remember)

It seems that she was the aggressive one, and himself the victim (this is based on the police body cam. Very professional officers, by the way.)

I hope the guy doesnt harm himself. I think things just got way out of control for this young couple, and they were alone with no one to intervene between them....

Why oh why didnt they just pack up and head back home since things weren't going so lovely? I wish they had.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
This is a terrible situation on more than one level.

First, how awful for her family. It looks like she wasn't estranged from them. Just an adventurous young woman who made some of the poor decisions adventurous young women tend to do, only she paid for it more dearly. That and they can't get away from it. If they turn on the radio, change the channel on their tv, open a web browser, or even walk near people in a grocery store, there is a strong chance they will hear something about the case. Perhaps an undue judgment of their daughter. And lo! The torture of the information age.

Second, and related to this, is inflaming the wound of those who knew her worth the press attention? The reason they focus on this at the expense of so much other news (forced vaccinations, the continued botched Afghanistan withdraw, and so forth) is that it is a compelling story with an arc to it.

Young, pretty girl? Check.

Boyfriend who looks like a 4x trading scammer? Check.

Cross-country adventure? Check.

Spicy arguments? Check.

Dead body? Check.

This is one of those few times I have to agree with the Leftists I'm reading- why Miss Petito and not a Native American who goes missing in the National Parks or the vast reservation territory? Why Miss Petito and not those slain on a routine basis in Chicago?

Their answer is that she's white. They're wrong. A Netflix-special-style story surrounding an attractive young woman of any race would be getting this attention, because journalists are what they are and they've only gotten worse.

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."-

General William T. Sherman in one of his more lucid moments.

Okay, got that out of my system. Hope everybody else is having a better day hahahaha

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
Brian Laundrie bought a new cell phone after he returned home without Gabby. One Florida news station is keeping people updated live time. He probably hightailed it to Mexico by now. Innocent people don't run.
Brian Laundrie update

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
He strangled her to death and she was left there 3-4 weeks.
Strangulation is very personal and can take anywhere from 4-10 minutes.

May her family find solace in God!

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021
What may be the greatest tragedy of all behind the Petito/Laundrie murder story is that they, nor their parents, appear to have been Christian or living a Christian lifestyle. Gabby living with Brian for two years in Brian's parents house. Brian's parents assented to this unChristian relationship. Nowhere in any of this saga is there any hint of either the parents of either Brian/Gabby, or or of Gabby/Brian being religiously inclined.

I judge no one, that's up to God. But if Gabby wasn't a Christian and was living a sinful lifestyle, she may have lost more than her immortal life, she may have lost her soul. And that's the real tragedy. No matter how cute/sweet Gabby looked in her photos and videos that may not have been the real Gabby. Did she deserve to be murdered, of course not. But don't believe all the hype the press is playing up for her.

So, what is the greatest tragedy of this story? And it is a sad/sad story for Gabby, Brian, and all four parents.

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
What may be the greatest tragedy of all behind the Petito/Laundrie murder story is that they, nor their parents, appear to have been Christian or living a Christian lifestyle. Gabby living with Brian for two years in Brian's parents house. Brian's parents assented to this unChristian relationship. Nowhere in any of this saga is there any hint of either the parents of either Brian/Gabby, or or of Gabby/Brian being religiously inclined.

I judge no one, that's up to God. But if Gabby wasn't a Christian and was living a sinful lifestyle, she may have lost more than her immortal life, she may have lost her soul. And that's the real tragedy. No matter how cute/sweet Gabby looked in her photos and videos that may not have been the real Gabby. Did she deserve to be murdered, of course not. But don't believe all the hype the press is playing up for her.

So, what is the greatest tragedy of this story? And it is a sad/sad story for Gabby, Brian, and all four parents.
"I judge no one, that's up to God. But ...." And then you presumed to judge Gabby, Brian, and the parents.

That poor woman was strangled to death! Presumably by her boyfriend. Her body lay exposed to the elements for 3 to 4 weeks before she was found, according to the coroner's report that aired today.

God is a God of mercy. If Gabby was a Christian and God sends her to damnation for living out of wedlock, he's not a God of his word! Because that sin was forgiven her as one who is in Christ.

While Brian, if he did murder her, and was a Christian, is the same. His sin of murder is forgiven him.
Same with the parents sins.

And in the event the retort is, but repeating the same sin over and over precludes that being forgiven, isn't true either.
If we're to forgive those who trespass against us 70 times 7, and we presume to argue God doesn't practice that standard he gave into us, we're saying God commanded we cleave to a higher example of contrition than He.

Bottom line is, God knows if Gabby is his. Not us.

We should wonder how we would prioritize judgement over condolences.

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021
"I judge no one, that's up to God. But ...." And then you presumed to judge Gabby, Brian, and the parents.

That poor woman was strangled to death! Presumably by her boyfriend. Her body lay exposed to the elements for 3 to 4 weeks before she was found, according to the coroner's report that aired today.

God is a God of mercy. If Gabby was a Christian and God sends her to damnation for living out of wedlock, he's not a God of his word! Because that sin was forgiven her as one who is in Christ.

While Brian, if he did murder her, and was a Christian, is the same. His sin of murder is forgiven him.
Same with the parents sins.

And in the event the retort is, but repeating the same sin over and over precludes that being forgiven, isn't true either.
If we're to forgive those who trespass against us 70 times 7, and we presume to argue God doesn't practice that standard he gave into us, we're saying God commanded we cleave to a higher example of contrition than He.

Bottom line is, God knows if Gabby is his. Not us.

We should wonder how we would prioritize judgement over condolences.

If Gabby Petito didn't live her life in Jesus and she died without repentance, then for sure her soul is in immortal jeopardy. It was a tragedy that she was murdered. But, if she was not living in Jesus promises of salvation and if she died in damnation, who's fault was that. Jesus offers us His love and his salvation every minute of our lives. If we refuse to accept His gift of salvation, then we are lost. Hopefully Gabby accepted Jesus' gift of salvation at the very end, but if she didn't then she is a lost soul. Jesus offers us His gift of salvation, but it is up to us to accept this gift. And if we don't then we are lost. Simple as that. Jesus wishes none of us to perish into the eternal fires of hell. If any of us ends in hell it is because we chose that as our eternal fate.

The media/press is manipulative and paints Gabby as a beautiful and loving person. But did she really live her life in the Word of Christ? Hopefully yes, but I'm seeing no fruits of her Christian life style. Again, I don't judge. Jesus judges.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Most probably already know, Laundrie's remains were found in a Florida nature preserve.

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021
This is a terrible situation on more than one level.

First, how awful for her family. It looks like she wasn't estranged from them. Just an adventurous young woman who made some of the poor decisions adventurous young women tend to do, only she paid for it more dearly. That and they can't get away from it. If they turn on the radio, change the channel on their tv, open a web browser, or even walk near people in a grocery store, there is a strong chance they will hear something about the case. Perhaps an undue judgment of their daughter. And lo! The torture of the information age.

Second, and related to this, is inflaming the wound of those who knew her worth the press attention? The reason they focus on this at the expense of so much other news (forced vaccinations, the continued botched Afghanistan withdraw, and so forth) is that it is a compelling story with an arc to it.

Young, pretty girl? Check.

Boyfriend who looks like a 4x trading scammer? Check.

Cross-country adventure? Check.

Spicy arguments? Check.

Dead body? Check.

This is one of those few times I have to agree with the Leftists I'm reading- why Miss Petito and not a Native American who goes missing in the National Parks or the vast reservation territory? Why Miss Petito and not those slain on a routine basis in Chicago?

Their answer is that she's white. They're wrong. A Netflix-special-style story surrounding an attractive young woman of any race would be getting this attention, because journalists are what they are and they've only gotten worse.

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."-

General William T. Sherman in one of his more lucid moments.

Okay, got that out of my system. Hope everybody else is having a better day hahahaha

You are absolutely correct in your assessment of the media. They try and manipulate you every way they can. But, not to worry. They always move on to new things in which they may ensnare you in their trap. Next stop, media draws you in to the Alec Baldwin killing on a movie set. The yellow rag journalist media never quits. Never.