Gang fight

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 16, 2012
Was put in a difficult situation about hour ago. Was driving to my sister in laws house. Me my wife and 10yo son in car. I see a fight about to take place in the middle of road. I notice it's my cousin he's a gang member. I stop pull over a little further from scene. I hop out of car my wife is telling me to be careful don't get involved. The fight is happening. I want to intervene but the thought my wife and son stop me. I park car around the corner so they don't see and go back to observe fight. Still processing what to do. My cousin is fighting 3 other gang members but no one is really fighting him back. I was scared to step in I didn't know what to do. I was afraid I might start fighting and I didn't want too. The fight stopped. Everyone split. I left feeling guttered I couldn't help my cousin. Has anyone been In situation?

Sep 16, 2012
By the way my cousin beat 1 down the other 1 was jumping around like a grasshopper . And 1 was ringing for other gang members to come.

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
No, but be thankful nothing worse happened, you were wise to listen to your wife...your cousin chooses to gang bang out of his own free will, and with that comes consequences he will eventually have to meet if he continues.. Family is family but you cant protect everyone all of the time, especially those who choose to walk on the wrong path.. protecting your son and wife should be a priority because they have no affiliation with the gang life. You shouldn't beat yourself up about it, you made a wise choice.. If you can though, you might want to tell him about Christ and see if he wants to change his mind,
if not, sometimes people have to learn the hard way, because i was like that.

M

Miri

You should have called the police, even if it was a relative.
People have to learn consequences, he and the others never will if no one
cares enough to make them realise actions have consequences.

Plus what if someone got stabbed or shot and you did nothing, or what if
someone had been knocked out and suffered brain damage.

I once called the police on a group of drunks I saw fighting in the street.
I didn't know them but even if I had, I would still have done so.

Ps years ago my mum called the police about her teenage son who had been
shop lifting. You can be sure he never did it again!

D

Depleted

You should have called the police, even if it was a relative.
People have to learn consequences, he and the others never will if no one
cares enough to make them realise actions have consequences.

Plus what if someone got stabbed or shot and you did nothing, or what if
someone had been knocked out and suffered brain damage.

I once called the police on a group of drunks I saw fighting in the street.
I didn't know them but even if I had, I would still have done so.

Ps years ago my mum called the police about her teenage son who had been
shop lifting. You can be sure he never did it again!
Yup. That's the attitude I was raised with -- call the cops, even if family is the cause of the problem.

I'll stand with anyone, if they are being victimized, but if they are the perp, then it's their problem. And I would call the cop for fear it gets worse.

Then again gang members -- not too tough when they don't have enough backup.

Crustyone

Mar 15, 2015
Proverbs 26:17 [FONT=&quot]Like one who grabs a stray dog by the ears [/FONT][FONT=&quot]is someone who rushes into a quarrel not their own.

1 Thessalonians 4:11 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands,[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot] just as we told you,[/FONT]

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
By the way my cousin beat 1 down the other 1 was jumping around like a grasshopper . And 1 was ringing for other gang members to come.
You should talk your cousin into MMA or the army.

Jun 19, 2013
Was put in a difficult situation about hour ago. Was driving to my sister in laws house. Me my wife and 10yo son in car. I see a fight about to take place in the middle of road. I notice it's my cousin he's a gang member. I stop pull over a little further from scene. I hop out of car my wife is telling me to be careful don't get involved. The fight is happening. I want to intervene but the thought my wife and son stop me. I park car around the corner so they don't see and go back to observe fight. Still processing what to do. My cousin is fighting 3 other gang members but no one is really fighting him back. I was scared to step in I didn't know what to do. I was afraid I might start fighting and I didn't want too. The fight stopped. Everyone split. I left feeling guttered I couldn't help my cousin. Has anyone been In situation?
Hey there! I know I'm about 4 weeks late to the conversation, but on a certain level I can relate to what you were saying. I used to work with street kids. There was a decent amount of fighting and much of it was very scary due to the fact that drugs and weapons were often involved. At times I found myself in the middle of a fight between some very angry and high guys hoping that the fact that I am a girl would mean that they might not hit me. Looking back it wasn't always the smartest choice, but I truly struggle with seeing people fighting and simply allowing someone to get hurt while I'm just standing and watching.

I can't say what you should or should not have done, but definitely having a family and the responsibility to care for them does need to play a part in you decision making process. That being said, I still think I would have a hard time not jumping in if I saw someone in physical danger.

Sorry that you have a family member who runs in circles that are so dangerous. I can't even imagine what that's like. Take care of yourself and your family. I hope that your cousin is able to find a better way!

Feb 28, 2016
there is a certain 'inbred' response that could only live within' us by the
Grace of our Saviour...GBY...

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
You had two VERY good reasons to stay out of it. Leave it at that.

What you might want to do now is tell your cousin how you really wanted to help but did not want to endanger your family. Maybe it will make him think about what he's doing with his life.