Gather the wheat into my barn

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
I used to think of the time of the end like this.A big furnace with people walking in the midst of it.

Daniel 3
25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

Some people get burned up and some people don't.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Two people standing in a field.One is taken and the other left.

Mathew 24
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

The one that is left,is saved.

Nope. The Greek word used means they are rejected and abandoned. The one taken is taken in the rapture, and the one left are those who aren't saved.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
Nope. The Greek word used means they are rejected and abandoned. The one taken is taken in the rapture, and the one left are those who aren't saved.

So you believe Noah didn't have a clue and got taken away by the flood?

Pay close attention to who was taken.

and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away.

Mathew 24
37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left.

Who was taken away?
Them who knew nothing
Or Noah?

So the coming of the son of Man be.
Two will be in a Field.One will taken and the other left.Just like the days of Noah.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
So you believe Noah didn't have a clue and got taken away by the flood?

Pay close attention to who was taken.

and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away.

Mathew 24
37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left.

Who was taken away?
Them who knew nothing
Or Noah?

You don't know that is the wrong part of the passage? And that "taken" is a different Greek word than the one used for the "the one taken"? You need to study this properly.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
You don't know that is the wrong part of the passage? And that "taken" is a different Greek word than the one used for the "the one taken"? You need to study this properly.

Oh ,I'm studying just fine .
You say everyone who was oblivious to what was about to take place were raptured when the flood came and took them away.

No,those taken away by the flood were not saved They were destroyed.

Mathew 24

It the same as the tares being gathered first and cast into a fire .Them who are taken away are not raptured.They are consumed while they stand on their feet.

Zech 14
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Them who recieve rain are not consumed.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away.

Who is taken away from the kingdom?
The little horn or the children of the kingdom,?

Daniel 7
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.

27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

The saints inherit the kingdom..The little horn is taken away.Removed,destroyed,cast into a fire.

The kingdom.is taken away from the little horn and given to the saints.The saints are not going anywhere.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
Who was taken away?
The beast or the saints?

Here is who is occupying Jerusalem after the beast was taken and cast into the lake of fire.

This is who was left.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
No one ever considered the reaping of the earth in Rev.14 as the time as the rapture/resurrection because the scriptures were sealed. ( Daniel 12:9 )

This is the time of Great and Terrible and Great and Glorious Day of the Lord.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
No one ever considered the reaping of the earth in Rev.14 as the time as the rapture/resurrection because the scriptures were sealed. ( Daniel 12:9 )

This is the time of Great and Terrible and Great and Glorious Day of the Lord.
Daniel prophecy was sealed about 2550 years ago.
That doesn't mean it is still sealed today nor does it mean all scripture was sealed.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
No righteous souls left after the reaping of the earth in Rev 14 ( jews and gentiles ). Sheep and Goats are all unrighteous. Sheep are saved only by works by helping those fleeing the antichrist. And the sheep enter the kingdom with flesh and blood. Sheep and Goats are also all gentiles

“Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:50‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭9:27‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭13:49‬ ‭

“As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; and shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭13:40-43‬ ‭

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: and before him shall be gathered all nations:

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

…..Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment:

but the righteous into life eternal.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭25:31-32, 34, 41, 46‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:10-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
very good question!
They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.”
‭‭Titus‬ ‭1:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:2-3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭3:19-22‬ ‭

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
“Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:50‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭9:27‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭13:49‬ ‭

“As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; and shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭13:40-43‬ ‭

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: and before him shall be gathered all nations:

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

…..Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment:

but the righteous into life eternal.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭25:31-32, 34, 41, 46‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:10-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9 And the Lord will become king over all the earth; on that day the Lord will be one and his name one.

16 Then every one that survives of all the nations that have come against Jerusalem shall go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of booths. 17 And if any of the families of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, there will be no rain upon them. 18 And if the family of Egypt do not go up and present themselves, then upon them shall[e] come the plague with which the Lord afflicts the nations that do not go up to keep the feast of booths. 19 This shall be the punishment to Egypt and the punishment to all the nations that do not go up to keep the feast of booths.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9 And the Lord will become king over all the earth; on that day the Lord will be one and his name one.

16 Then every one that survives of all the nations that have come against Jerusalem shall go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of booths. 17 And if any of the families of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, there will be no rain upon them. 18 And if the family of Egypt do not go up and present themselves, then upon them shall[e] come the plague with which the Lord afflicts the nations that do not go up to keep the feast of booths. 19 This shall be the punishment to Egypt and the punishment to all the nations that do not go up to keep the feast of booths.
Your looking at the wrong testament were in this testament

“but the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.”
‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭3:7-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
Your looking at the wrong testament were in this testament

“but the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.”
‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭3:7-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬
He's not in the wrong testament.

He is quoting passages concerning the same judgement at the time of the end on the day of the Lord .
Same day of the Lord Peter spoke of as did Zechariah.

Peter read the prophecies in Old testament and learned from them.

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
It shall come to pass in the latter days that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established as the highest of the mountains, and shall be lifted up above the hills; and all the nations shall flow to it, and many peoples shall come, and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob, that he may teach us his ways and that we may walk in his paths.” For out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. He shall judge between the nations, and shall decide disputes for many peoples; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore. Isaiah 2:2-4

No more shall there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not fill out his days, for the young man shall die a hundred years old, and the sinner a hundred years old shall be accursed. Isaiah 65:20

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Curious, where does scripture teach this?

Mat 13:37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
Mat 13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
Mat 13:39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
Mat 13:40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
Mat 13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
Mat 13:42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Mat 13:43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.