gay bashing

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
There is no such animal as..predestination.

Otherwise G-d wouldn't have given us ...free will...and there would be no need of sin forgiveness...would there? etc.

Dec 12, 2013
does ""gay bashing"" even exist??? fact is that we call out ALL sin here. We dont pick and choose. some may have stronger believes in some things than others and feel some things worse then others but still we hate ALL sin,
the predestination part is poop. We are all cursed to be sinners but by free will we can choose which path we take and what we allow. God knows what we will do but that has nothing to do with predestination. saying that our perfect God makes gay people is silly...just my 2 cents
Without a doubt all those listed equate to sin, but for sure God makes it clear that homosexuality is an abomination and a stench before his throne.......and no one will ever convince me that God predestines men or women to be gay.....Romans makes it clear it is a choice of lust equates to a reprobate mind and the last straw before judgment from God.

Mar 23, 2016
When God created and formed Adam and Eve, God first created Adam in His own image (Gen 1:27) and God saw everything that He had made, and, behold, it was very good (Gen 1:31).

And then Adam and Eve did what they did and we all know how that turned out.

When Adam and Eve started having children, those children were begotten in his (Adam's) own likeness, after his image (Gen 5:3). This was not in the likeness and image of Adam as Adam was first created. This was in the image and likeness of Adam after the fall.

Each succeeding generation carries the image and likeness of his/her father and mother.

God is not responsible for the choices made by men and women. We each are responsible for the choices we make. And we either suffer consequences of our bad choices or reap benefits of our good choices. And sometimes the consequences are spread out over generations. And sometimes benefits are spread out over generations.

God is inherently good. He does not make someone to be homosexual and then tell that person that homosexuality is a sin. Just as He does not make someone to be a thief, a liar, a murderer. Those are qualities resulting from being begotten in the image of our fathers and mothers. The thief makes a choice to steal, the liar makes a choice to lie, the murderer makes a choice to kill.

God does provide the means of escape from the bondage of the sin which so easily besets us.

AngelFrog

Feb 16, 2015
There is something I don't understand: Many or most Christians pick on or outright hate gay people. I realize that homosexuality is a sin however the verses they usually recite also include adultery, fornication, idolatry, drunkenness, and liars. So why single out gays?

Also: Predestination, many anti-gays believe in predestination so if people are predestined to be gay why pick on them more than them more than the others? Does the Lords prayer not say "Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who have sinned against us..."

Who among us was born without original sin? thththat's all folks
It is wrong to hate anyone and then claim Christ as our savior.
The difference concerning sexual immorality, in this case homosexuality, which God called an abomination worthy of death in his old covenant scriptures, is that the other sins you mention are not given license by law so as to punish those who opine as we do, that homosexuality is a sin, can then be prosecuted by law, and even lose their job, or business, due to opining that homosexual immorality is not acceptable to their life creed.
Nor is any other sin a Christian may comment about able to garner their being sent to a program that implies it will teach them to not think like a Christian, should they be found guilty of the offense of speaking freely about homosexual immorality at work.
But that is the case in many zero tolerance policy work places in America.

The hatred therefore is not being demonstrated by the Christian that holds to scripture concerning condemnation of all sins. The hatred is made manifest by secular laws that prosecute and persecute that Christian that openly shares their opinion about one particular sexually immoral transgression; homosexuality. And of course that sin of Transgenderism.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Fornication and adultery are on tv as the norm as well but not singled out.
Fornication and adultery have been normalized for quite a few years now. The outrage is mostly gone. Homosexuality will be that way within 10 years or so... the outrage will be gone, and most people will just go... meh....

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Fornication and adultery have been normalized for quite a few years now. The outrage is mostly gone. Homosexuality will be that way within 10 years or so... the outrage will be gone, and most people will just go... meh....
No wonder then this world is gonna burn.

AngelFrog

Feb 16, 2015
I believe it was the same day as SCOTUS made public their ruling concerning gay marriage that a poly-amorous group, one man and two women, one woman his legal wife, attempted to obtain a marriage license in their hometown. Media was there by leaking of this intention by the male in the group. The threesome went to the local justice of the peace office and asked for a license. The clerk brought the application, which is a state contract mind you, to the man so he could begin the process. Then she asked, are you married now?
Yes, the man said. The clerk removed the clipboard from his hands and stated that their state does not permit this.

It was a sign I think of the agenda that the poly-amorous intended to send as a message now that SCOTUS claimed marriage is a constitutional right. Soon we'll see another SCOTUS case brought by such people and if SCOTUS holds to the tenets of the laws they referred to in the gay marriage ruling, the poly-amorous will gain a victory I'm sure.
But are we to be surprised? Really?

It was all foretold thousands of years ago.
2 Timothy 3

AngelFrog

Feb 16, 2015
Remember this during the Obama administration?

The White house as it appeared when the SCOTUS 5 to 4 gay marriage ruling made news in July 2015.

This was San Francisco's City Hall:

Many states government buildings followed this pattern.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
There is something I don't understand: Many or most Christians pick on or outright hate gay people. I realize that homosexuality is a sin however the verses they usually recite also include adultery, fornication, idolatry, drunkenness, and liars. So why single out gays?

Also: Predestination, many anti-gays believe in predestination so if people are predestined to be gay why pick on them more than them more than the others? Does the Lords prayer not say "Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who have sinned against us..."

Why do homosexuals get singled out more than other types of sinners?

Because....
drunks and adulterers aren't out protesting for special rights, claiming status as a protected minority group, lobbying congress to change laws, suing Christian businesses into bankruptcy over the tiniest things, changing the material taught in public schools to children, creating books, movies, and seminars to actively promote their sin, or lining up to fight with Christians on internet sites.

Drunks and adulterers don't do any of these things.

But the gay activists will viciously attack anyone who even so much as disagrees with them politely. They make themselves a target by attacking everyone and everything, and then acting surprised when people get upset.
I've never done ANYTHING to a gay person... yet plenty of gay people have called me a bigot, a hater, and a homophobe just for going to church on Sunday... without knowing anything about me.

THEY bash US.
I don't personally know any Christians who go around bashing gays.

I can disagree with what they do, and with what they believe, and with their political agendas... and still be polite.
I think that is what the vast majority of Christians do.

This whole thread topic is backward, and ridiculous.

Hugs
- Max

L

LanceA

Maybe they seem to get picked on because topics like this one keep getting brought up. Just saying

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

Is there a adultery pride movement out there holding parades promoting adultery as being good and to be celebrated????

NOPE..

Is there a liars pride movement out there holding parades promoting telling lies as a good thing to be celebrated????

So why do you think Christians feel the need to stand up and express the Word of God on the issue of homosexuality more then they feel the need to talk about Adultery or people telling lies ????

Think about it.......

The Christian reaction to Homosexuality is in Response not to the sin being any more of less sinful the adultery or telling lies.. It is a reaction to the social movement which is working for the acceptance and celebration of homosexuality and the persecution of Christians who speak out against it...

As for pre- destination and people being Born or choosing to be Homosexual.. It is irrelevant if people are born with or chose to pursue a homosexual lifestyle.. As a Christian we believe that ALL people are born with the inherited curse of having a sin nature and that ALL people will sin.. This belief then does not make any of those sins acceptable or good.. We don't say that a mass murderer was born with a psychopath condition so it must be ok that they can go around kidnapping kids and savagely killing them.. But this is what the gay rights and homosexual pride movement is doing in regard to the sin of homosexuality..

God has made a Way through the Atonement of the LORD Jesus Christ for all sinners to be forgiven and the sin of homosexuality is under the list of those sins and therefore can be forgiven.. BUT when homosexuals are being told by society day after day after day that their sin is not sin and they should be proud and celebrate their sin then how can they be saved from the judgement of God that hangs over them??? Will a person who has been brainwashed into thinking their evil is good ever seek the forgiveness of God for that evil ???

The gay pride movement is therefore far more evil then the actual sin of Homosexuality.. The gay pride movement is sending homosexuals to the eternal second death in the eternal lake of fire..

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Without a doubt all those listed equate to sin, but for sure God makes it clear that homosexuality is an abomination and a stench before his throne.......and no one will ever convince me that God predestines men or women to be gay.....Romans makes it clear it is a choice of lust equates to a reprobate mind and the last straw before judgment from God.
Lying is an abomination too..

yellowcanary

May 22, 2018
I tend to believe that nobody is born strictly homosexual. I think sexual preferences are developed very early in life.. perhaps below the age of 1. I do believe that many people can feel an attraction to either gender, but I also believe that is a developed/learned thing.

What that person DOES in response to those attractions is where the willing sin enters the picture. Much like it is not a sin to BE an alcoholic. ACTING on that desire to drink to excess is where the sin enters. It's the same with any other "flaw" that we as humans have..... whether it's overeating, or lustful promiscuity, or running your mouth as a gossip. Having the flaw is not a sin.... acting it out is where it becomes sin.
Take your hands off of me you big brute. You smell like fish :geek:

oldhermit

Jul 28, 2012
Alabama
Defending homosexuality is a rationalization process by which people attempt to normalize deviant choices that cannot be justified through any legitimate psychological exercise. This is simply an attempt to placate a conscience that cannot harmonize the thing one desires and the moral limitations that prohibit the behavior. Homosexuality is not a biological issue, it is a sin issue. It is not socially acceptable behavior, it is a social and moral disgrace. Homosexuality is not an illness nor is it some type of genetic abnormality. It is certainly not engineered biologically at birth. Homosexuals are NOT born gay. That argument is nothing more than an attempt to appeal to the scientific community and call them as a witness against scripture to defend this perverted behavior. Homosexuality is a learned behavior and a matter of choice, not a predilection. There is no "pride" in it, nor should it be afforded any measure of dignity. IT IS SIN, and in the end, it will destroy all who engage in it or stand in its defense. Attempting to explain it away scientifically is simply an attempt to excuse the behavior and marginalize its shame.

I saw this posted the other day on face book and it is absolutely true. It is a simple matter of facts.
(Roughly quoted from a post on “The Federalist Papers” website, May 28, 2018. Words in red were added by me.)

1. In a sexual species, there are only two sexes, male and female.

2. 99.93% of humans have either XX or XY sex chromosomes (the rest is mutation).

3. Being one sex but thinking you are another is not a biological issue, it is a psychological disorder.

4. Mandating a widespread enabling of a psychological disorder is a sociopathy.

AngelFrog

Feb 16, 2015
There is no such animal as..predestination.

Otherwise G-d wouldn't have given us ...free will...and there would be no need of sin forgiveness...would there? etc.
Those scriptures that refer to predestination are false then?

AngelFrog

Feb 16, 2015
Defending homosexuality is a rationalization process by which people attempt to normalize deviant choices that cannot be justified through any legitimate psychological exercise. This is simply an attempt to placate a conscience that cannot harmonize the thing one desires and the moral limitations that prohibit the behavior. Homosexuality is not a biological issue, it is a sin issue. It is not socially acceptable behavior, it is a social and moral disgrace. Homosexuality is not an illness nor is it some type of genetic abnormality. It is certainly not engineered biologically at birth. Homosexuals are NOT born gay. That argument is nothing more than an attempt to appeal to the scientific community and call them as a witness against scripture to defend this perverted behavior. Homosexuality is a learned behavior and a matter of choice, not a predilection. There is no "pride" in it, nor should it be afforded any measure of dignity. IT IS SIN, and in the end, it will destroy all who engage in it or stand in its defense. Attempting to explain it away scientifically is simply an attempt to excuse the behavior and marginalize its shame.

I saw this posted the other day on face book and it is absolutely true. It is a simple matter of facts.
(Roughly quoted from a post on “The Federalist Papers” website, May 28, 2018. Words in red were added by me.)

1. In a sexual species, there are only two sexes, male and female.

2. 99.93% of humans have either XX or XY sex chromosomes (the rest is mutation).

3. Being one sex but thinking you are another is not a biological issue, it is a psychological disorder.

4. Mandating a widespread enabling of a psychological disorder is a sociopathy.
Great excerpt. :)

Interestingly, Facebook offers to new registrations over 51 gender identity options to choose from. I wonder how long they'll allow this Federalist Paper article to remain public there considering FB is wholly immoral in its business model.

oldhermit

Jul 28, 2012
Alabama
Great excerpt. :)

Interestingly, Facebook offers to new registrations over 51 gender identity options to choose from. I wonder how long they'll allow this Federalist Paper article to remain public there considering FB is wholly immoral in its business model.
Only the second part of my post was from that FB site. The first part is mine.