gay bashing

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 6, 2018
You said,
"I do not have anything against gays. Of course I consider them sinners, as many other type of sinners.
However I must confess I feel very uncomfortable when I see gay people showing publicly that
they are in various ways. Perhaps it is my fault, but this is my reaction..."

It seemed like you were apologizing for being offended by such disgraceful behavior. Being offended at evil is nothing to be ashamed about.
Thanks for the clarification!!
Well, that makes me feel better :)

Jan 6, 2018
You said,
"I do not have anything against gays. Of course I consider them sinners, as many other type of sinners.
However I must confess I feel very uncomfortable when I see gay people showing publicly that
they are in various ways. Perhaps it is my fault, but this is my reaction..."

It seemed like you were apologizing for being offended by such disgraceful behavior. Being offended at evil is nothing to be ashamed about.
Do you think there should be rules about these behaviors?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
There rules about this kind of behavior, due to the United States laws our Christian rules are not enforcable..

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
20 And he said, That which comes out of the man, that defiles the man.
21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.
Mark 7:

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Well I mean, like public places should enforce some rules?
They would just be under the same "public decency" laws that apply to heterosexual couples... whatever those are.

oldhermit

Jul 28, 2012
Alabama
Of course there should be rules that forbid this type of behavior in public but, as Christians, all we can do is refuse to legitimize it at all levels and continue to uphold the biblical standard. This is true of any kind of behavior. We are to be the standard of moral integrity the world needs to see, whether they hate us for or not; even if it costs us our freedom or our lives.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Should is the operative word. In New York city it's legal for women to ride the subway topless. The enforcement of morality laws has nearly evaporated in our declining society just like ancient Greece and Rome and democracy is giving way to facsisim and communism.

Some people think carrying an AR15 is a God given right but want to throw us in jail for growing hemp! Jesus is the only one that can save us from this madness and we will win but maybe not in this lifetime. The people with the money make the the laws now, more than ever.

Trust only in Jesus, not the government, not the laws or their enforcement or the system or the greedy or rich... Jesus only with the Bible and Holy Spirit as our most trustworthy guides. calibob

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
He came to save us FROM our sins, not IN our sins

lastofall

Aug 26, 2014
There is something I don't understand: Many or most Christians pick on or outright hate gay people. I realize that homosexuality is a sin however the verses they usually recite also include adultery, fornication, idolatry, drunkenness, and liars. So why single out gays?

Also: Predestination, many anti-gays believe in predestination so if people are predestined to be gay why pick on them more than them more than the others? Does the Lords prayer not say "Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who have sinned against us..."

Who among us was born without original sin? thththat's all folks
Seeking to justify sin is to proceed from sin to sin: either you agree with God that sin is wrong, or else you will be as the world and seek to justify sin as somehow acceptable.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Being gay is no more a sin than being straight but entertaining and engaging in lustful unnatural sexual conduct is no matter which they you choose is. Temptation is not the issue but action js including an active fantasy. Being a pathological liar is just as bad and none the before are justified anyway. We should focus helping not judging, God will do that just fine without our help, Trying to scare the hell out of people was a catholic monopoly for over 15 centuries. Did it work? NO! There are plenty of gay priests and nuns. As far as pathological liars go why do so many Christians support Trump? Ron Ragaen jr. professes on T.V. that he's an atheist and not afraid of going to hell.

My dad used to tell me "ya git more flies with honey, than vinegar" Show them love and kindness then tell them there's a better way, invite them to a bible study or worship service don't worry, it won't rub off. I'm the person who wrote this original string and the point was, we don't have to support the lifestyle, or accept it to help save a life and maybe a soul. That's what is important.... calibob

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Should is the operative word. In New York city it's legal for women to ride the subway topless. The enforcement of morality laws has nearly evaporated in our declining society just like ancient Greece and Rome and democracy is giving way to facsisim and communism.

Some people think carrying an AR15 is a God given right but want to throw us in jail for growing hemp! Jesus is the only one that can save us from this madness and we will win but maybe not in this lifetime. The people with the money make the the laws now, more than ever.

Trust only in Jesus, not the government, not the laws or their enforcement or the system or the greedy or rich... Jesus only with the Bible and Holy Spirit as our most trustworthy guides. calibob
hmmmm... you say that as if it's a bad thing..... :eek:

:cool:

J

joefizz

There is something I don't understand: Many or most Christians pick on or outright hate gay people. I realize that homosexuality is a sin however the verses they usually recite also include adultery, fornication, idolatry, drunkenness, and liars. So why single out gays?

Also: Predestination, many anti-gays believe in predestination so if people are predestined to be gay why pick on them more than them more than the others? Does the Lords prayer not say "Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who have sinned against us..."

Who among us was born without original sin? thththat's all folks
Well first quote "gay bashing" is "wrong" one of the 2 greatest commandments is to "love thy neighbor as yourself" you aren't "loving" someone by "insulting" them.
As for so called "gay/homosexual"(neither word is used in the bible as with some other derogatory words towards such "people") being "predestined" this "biblically" is "absolutely false" for it doesn't stem from "good" it stems from....
traumatic experiences,rebellion,explicit desires of the heart,seeking security and acceptance before understanding,and pride in one's choices as well as being sure of one's self without "remorse".
Man kind seeking mankind,woman kind seeking woman kind or an individual seeking both man kind and woman kind is typically due to "desperate desires" or worse yet "satisfaction no matter the gender nor one's "feelings" taken into consideration.(yes there are people that "cruel/heartless" and this behaviour isn't limited to same gender seekers or both gender seekers)
Exactly "why" God calls such a "life style" an "abomination".

CS1

May 23, 2012
I was a psych major in long beach California and have known people asked to leave church because they were admittedly gay. I was also asked not to return to church because my wife (female) divorced me, the rational was divorce is the same as adultery and we don't allow them in our church either. That is where my sympathy for them comes from, also I worked at a wedding chapel in Vegas for 7 years and what I've heard pastors and chaplains say about them after asking them to leave is a shame.
You have a presupposition. Homosexuality is not the same thing as a divorce. God hate divorce this is true but Christ raised the Standard of marriage in Matt 5, 6, and 7. I have never heard of a church turning away one who is divorced however, yes I do know of a church by laws that do not allow one to be a pastor unless the divorce was pre-conversion

You say that you are sympathetic to what? Those who are divorced or those who are gay wanting to be married ? Because God does not allow or will bless gay marriage no matter how much we want to sympathize

ressey2

Jun 1, 2018
No one is predestined or "born" gay. There is absolutely zero evidence for it. The "gay gene" does not exist. Homosexuality is a lifestyle of choice, whether they are conscious of it or not.

It is an aberration even in nature. If our sole purpose is to procreate and pass on our genes, as the atheists claim, then homosexuality is an anomaly and not "natural" at all.

Homosexuals use "born that way" as an excuse to remain active in the perversion.
Well..It not always like that. I....had unpleasant experiences growing and in adult years that I didn't see men as a mate. I felt more comfortable with women...but I have a boyfriend now.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
You have a presupposition. Homosexuality is not the same thing as a divorce. God hate divorce this is true but Christ raised the Standard of marriage in Matt 5, 6, and 7. I have never heard of a church turning away one who is divorced however, yes I do know of a church by laws that do not allow one to be a pastor unless the divorce was pre-conversion

You say that you are sympathetic to what? Those who are divorced or those who are gay wanting to be married ? Because God does not allow or will bless gay marriage no matter how much we want to sympathize
Perhaps he is saying he sympathizes with a person who struggles with that sin... because of the way he was shunned after divorce. There is a difference between struggling with a sin, constantly trying to overcome it, and living a lifestyle, un-repentantly.

Jan 6, 2018
Perhaps he is saying he sympathizes with a person who struggles with that sin... because of the way he was shunned after divorce. There is a difference between struggling with a sin, constantly trying to overcome it, and living a lifestyle, un-repentantly.
This is very right. The fact that we have repulsion for some behavior does not mean we should not be compassionate towards people that try to move away from it...

CS1

May 23, 2012
I agree however, the final outcome is submit to God resist the devil and he will flee from you.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
.....Being gay is no more a sin than being straight but entertaining and engaging in lustful unnatural sexual conduct is no matter which they you choose is. Temptation is not the issue but action js including an active fantasy. Being a pathological liar is just as bad and none the before are justified anyway. We should focus helping not judging, God will do that just fine without our help, Trying to scare the hell out of people was a catholic monopoly for over 15 centuries. Did it work? NO! There are plenty of gay priests and nuns. n Ragaen jr. professes on T.V. that he's an atheist and not afraid of going to hell.As far as pathological liars go why do so many Christians support Trump? Ro

My dad used to tell me "ya git more flies with honey, than vinegar" Show them love and kindness then tell them there's a better way, invite them to a bible study or worship service don't worry, it won't rub off. I'm the person who wrote this original string and the point was, we don't have to support the lifestyle, or accept it to help save a life and maybe a soul. That's what is important.... calibob
c...,
I hear this from the radical left all the time but, no one can give me an example out of the ordinary of politicians...can you?