Gay Christian?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
If you are justified before God by the blood of Jesus, why do you need the forbidden knowledge of good & evil anymore?
Congrats, you are now on my block list. I don't have time for those who are intentionally wasting time and trying to stir up contention.

Sep 14, 2019
It's not about the fruit or knowledge from fruit. It's the disobedience that caused sin and all that follows it.
If it's not about the forbidden knowledge of good & evil why would God say the knowledge of good & evil accused their staying unclothed is evil as per Genesis 3:11? "And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?"

Sep 14, 2019
They did not flee to dress themselves. They realized they had sinned and wanted to hide
from God. They sought a covering which was a poor substitute for the one they had just lost.
Didn't they seek a covering because the forbidden knowledge of good & evil accused them staying unclothed is evil? Genesis 3:11: "And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?"

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
If it's not about the forbidden knowledge of good & evil why would God say the knowledge of good & evil accused their staying unclothed is evil as per Genesis 3:11? "And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?"
God did not say their lack of clothing was evil. You are making that up.

Sep 14, 2019
Congrats, you are now on my block list. I don't have time for those who are intentionally wasting time and trying to stir up contention.
You have no answer as to why you need the forbidden knowledge of good & evil if you are justified by faith?

Sep 14, 2019
God did not say their lack of clothing was evil. You are making that up.
Didn't God say the forbidden knowledge of good & evil told them it was evil according to Genesis 3:11? If they were not told it was evil, why did they seek to cover their moral shame?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Didn't God say the forbidden knowledge of good & evil told them it was evil according to Genesis 3:11? If they were not told it was evil, why did they seek to cover their moral shame?
There is NO verse saying God called Adam and Eve's nakedness evil. You have made that up.

Sep 14, 2019
There is NO verse saying God called Adam and Eve's nakedness evil. You have made that up.
Why would God call their nakedness as evil when in fact He had created them naked? Wasn't it the forbidden knowledge of good & evil which condemned them?
1John3:20: For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Why would God call their nakedness as evil when in fact He had created them naked? Wasn't it the forbidden knowledge of good & evil which condemned them?
1John3:20: For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
You are the one saying their lack of clothing was proclaimed evil by God, with no verse to back it up.

Sep 14, 2019
You are the one saying their lack of clothing was proclaimed evil by God, with no verse to back it up.
You have no proof I said God proclaimed ir as evil. You have no verse to deny rhe forbidden knowledge of good and evil called their being unclothed as evil.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You have no proof I said God proclaimed ir as evil. You have no verse to deny rhe forbidden knowledge of good and evil called their being unclothed as evil.
Why would God call their nakedness as evil
You have no grounds to say their lack of clothing was viewed as evil by them or God.

You have clearly said it and now deny it. Why? You seem quite confused.

Sep 14, 2019
You have no grounds to say their lack of clothing was viewed as evil by them or God.

You have clearly said it and now deny it. Why? You seem quite confused.
I didn't say God called it evil? I asked why would God call it evil?

Kait24

Jul 27, 2017
I believe being gay is a sin.Because it says it in the bible not to ly with another man if you are a man same with woman.That doesn't mean they can't be saved tho.But I don't believe someone can be gay and a Christian because that's a abomination in the eyes of the lord.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
When I encounter New Agers, I tell them I have some forbidden knowledge to tell them.
Once, they are interrested, I share the real Jesus with them via the Romans' Road.

Allen123

Apr 12, 2022
Sin or not, there're more sins in the world. And most sins are much more horrible than gays. Two deeply in love, deserve to be blessed. I heard that a gay couple bought rings from DR, they signed an agreement that love one and only in lifetime, a true love agreement. I can't see anything inappropriate. They didn't harm anyone else, why can't they be blessed?

T

tstumf

Sin or not, there're more sins in the world. And most sins are much more horrible than gays. Two deeply in love, deserve to be blessed. I heard that a gay couple bought rings from DR, they signed an agreement that love one and only in lifetime, a true love agreement. I can't see anything inappropriate. They didn't harm anyone else, why can't they be blessed?
I guess it depends on your definition of Love. Do you define it broadly as emotional connection like the fallen world or is it something deeper something that God defines? I struggle with my own sexual sins and God just delivered me out of a terrible lifelong sinful addiction recently. I was absolutely blind to it. If I was confronted Im sure I would have shrugged my shoulders and say (so what) not as bad as so and so. I’m doing great compared to person x. Though it was wicked behavioral addiction and at its core selfishness, lust , hatred and mistrust in Gods Love and goodness.
There is a reason Gods written word brings up sexual sins so often. Unlike other sins It is sin that we commit against our own bodies. It grieves Holy Spirit within us. It deceives us in our minds and emotions to make us think it is true and good when really it isn’t. Sexuality is so powerful and Satan knows this so the temptations are many around sex to take us out. Satan knows we in our correct relationship as husband and wife with God are a threat to him.God created our sexuality as we are his image bearers . God is life, God creates life. Life is created through proper relationships in these life giving relationships. Woman is the giver of life through God . Man is the protector, and co-creator of life through God. Love as God defines it exists in this instance of a typical husband and wife marriage . Satan cannot create life and is jealous. Satan hates Gods powerful life creating relationship called marriage so he makes a cheap imitation of life to look like love shrouded in human emotions . But really its a cheap imitation hidden in shallow emotions and only leads to death. Satan cannot create life he creates only death. A homosexual relationship cannot create life therefore it is not of God.

Don’t get me wrong the sexual immoral including homosexuals have hope in Christ.God will meet people where they are at in their sins and brokenness. You come to him as you are accepting Christ. After that there is a path and process to abide in Christ and mature as a believer. If a Christian is still living in sin without any conviction then they need to repent and leave the lifestyle in surrender to Christ and learn to have faith in Gods word as truth. A signed contractual agreement means nothing spiritually if the Love of God is absent or is being perverted or influenced by Satan. My heart and Love goes out to Homosexuals But they are without doubt being one might have to question weather their salvation is legitimate. By their fruit we shall know them. They have been deceived by Satan at best if they stay in their sin life. If they continue to identify as homosexual and life the homosexual lifestyle while professing to believe rather they need to renounce the sin and cling to God in his written word as their life depends on it burning the sinful life behind them as they come to Christ in surrender.

CS1

May 23, 2012
FYI you do not justify sin by pointing at other sins. And it is not love it is a lack of self-control and perversion. And doesn't matter how we see it, what matters is what God said about it.