Sis is sin.....The law stops the mouth of the whole world and we are all guilty.....the problem is we categorize and compartmentalize sins into nice, neat little boxes.........
Break the least of the commandments, guilty of the whole.....A little white liar is just as much of a sinner as Charles Manson and or the gays and lesbians listed in the two videos....
Jesus either paid the sin debt of humanity or he did not.....IT IS FINISHED and it's LEGAL implication is clear..........
Having said that........MY view on claiming to be Christian
Only Jesus can determine that or has the right to state who is and who is not.....the reason I say this is because MANY claim to be and are not.......I prefer a believer in Christ.........
We can rightfully judge dogma, doctrine and gospels by the word of God for sure.........I will say that THEIR activity is NOT Christ like.....but lest we forget...neither was Peter's when he denied the Lord three times...........
Did anyone in the bible call themselves a Christian?
The tern was first used as a term of derision in Acts.....and JESUS said they would be CALLED by my name, but did anyone person label themselves as such?
My biblical opinion goes like this:Hi everyone..... I was cruising the net & found some videos showing gay/lgbt singers & worship leaders.
I understand this is the BDF, & would encourage others to give their biblical opinions on this issue, as well as names, sites, & videos of christian singers you know that fall into this category.
Thank you in advance for your contributions.![]()
And we are living a continued sin of lying. We sin everyday and I can assure you there is a repeated sin in everyone's life everyday. We all buy into the temptation.
Not allowing someone into the kingdom of God off of your own judgement is also against the word.
I'm against being gay, but sinning, no matter what sin does not make or break a Christian
Christians do not defend something that their God has called an abomination, something for which God even destroyed several cities because of it. We are told to have nothing to do with evil deeds.
And we are living a continued sin of lying. We sin everyday and I can assure you there is a repeated sin in everyone's life everyday. We all buy into the temptation.
Not allowing someone into the kingdom of God off of your own judgement is also against the word.
I'm against being gay, but sinning, no matter what sin does not make or break a Christian
There is a difference between a Christian failing from time to time and living in sin. If we are living in sin we are at the very least immature Christians,and if we continue in sin we are not what we say we are. Christians are to be striving not to commit sin and the closer we get to God the less we will fail.
Now as far as not allowing people into heaven,the only one that can do that is God. And the Bible is very clear that homosexuality is a very serious sin and that those that practice it will not see heaven.And yes,sin does make or break a Christian.All sin separates us from God and the essence of being a Christian is to strive to live as Jesus did. We cannot be perfect,but we do not continuously live in sin.
Let's go with a sin that just fills this site continuously, (me included, but not you.) Haughtiness.Okay, I will say that being proud of it does make it worse, I can see that. I just don't think that automatically doesn't make them Christians
Let's go with a sin that just fills this site continuously, (me included, but not you.) Haughtiness.
Would you prefer we were so proud of our haughtiness that our we rename this sight "Haughty Christian Chat?" Would you want to come running to such a site? Do you see how that just overflows with God's message? Do you think I should have haughty buttons so everyone knows how haughty I am? Should I be proclaiming "all sin is equal, therefore I'm cool being haughty and you should be too?"
I do agree homosexuality is no worse nor no better than any other sin, but to proclaim proudly that they are homosexuals, really does say they think they're better than God, so he has no problems with them being homosexual. And that is their message, which is the problem with calling them Christians.
I've known, and know, Christians who have to fight that sin every day of their lives. It really is a tough struggle. But I know they are Christians because they know it is a sin deeply enough that they struggle with it. No different than me and haughtiness, but completely different than proudly proclaiming a sin as not-a-sin. Badge-of-honor. That's the difference.
Okay, so just because this one is more publicized makes it worse than everything else?
If lying was popularized and "shouted from the rooftops" would every liar have their Christianity questioned?
Yeah. Honestly, you're the one most likely to be ignored out of the two. Temp is good people.These posts have made their points very clearly that continued, unrepentant sin is the wrong that is the issue, not actually the gay issue.
If persistent arguing continues from this poster, I would ask the others to please ignore her & not allow continual arguing to overthrow this thread. I for one would like to find out more about the subject of the Op.
Thank you in advance.
Gods prophets preached against all sin but also would preach more on the sins the generation was heavily involved in.
We preach against all sin. In this generation homosexuality just so happens to be a fast growing sin thats being told its normal.
Something fast growing demands a fast response.
Its like a fire. Do you wait to put the fire out when its grown into a forest fire, or do you smother the little flame as it begins.
Okay, so just because this one is more publicized makes it worse than everything else?
If lying was popularized and "shouted from the rooftops" would every liar have their Christianity questioned?
Okay, I'm not trying to argue I'm trying to understand.
So, if someone is addicted to porn and sins over and over are they not a Christian because they continue in the sin?
The reason homosexuality is so serious is because it attacks the foundation of the family and the sacredness of marriage which God created.It tears up the foundation that God set for us to follow,the two {man and women} become one. Our bodies are made specifically for each other. So this is a very serious sin because it defies God on several levels and it should never be treated as "just another sin".It was a sin that garnered the death penalty in the OT. So no, its not like every other sin.
if they dont repent
and turn from it
they are living in sin
Proverbs 24:16
16 For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.
if lets say over the course of a year
you choose to deny the power of God one time
and commit adultery
but repent and turn from it (stop it)
that shows your fruit
if you do it once.... cry
do it again cry
do it again cry
and never turn from it
that shows your fruit
not everyone who is addicted to porn today
will deny the power of God
some will accept it
follow Jesus and be lead to righteousness with the holy spirit aiding them
just like homosexuals
or liars
or theifs
it does seem to me
sexual immorality is especially dangerous
.as the word tells us to flee from it....
but im nooooo teacher
James 3:1
“My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.”
i may be wrong
i was a former addict to porn
and ive spoken to people who show a contrite heart
and i believe God will deliver them from it
Hi everyone..... I was cruising the net & found some videos showing gay/lgbt singers & worship leaders.
I understand this is the BDF, & would encourage others to give their biblical opinions on this issue, as well as names, sites, & videos of christian singers you know that fall into this category.
Thank you in advance for your contributions.![]()
If you stop and repent from any sin that's wonderful, but if you don't does that not make you a Christian?