D
The trouble with this philosophy is that it contradicts the philosophy of Jesus, Paul, the author of the Epistle to the Hebrews, James, Peter, and John who all demonstrated in their teaching that teaching against sin is an essential part of the Christian message.Living a homosexual lifestyle is in the same lists as outbursts of anger, being deceitful, having envy, causing strife, having malice towards someone, slandering others in the body of Christ, jealousy and "things like these."
Overeating is a form of lasciviousness which means "without restraint" and is often used to show unrestraint in sexual activity. This overeating will destroy our bodies and we will leave this earth quicker then we should have because of this behavior.
All these works of the flesh will bring destruction to us in some form or other albeit the chance to get AIDS in men living he homosexual lifestyle will end a life quicker than having malice will but they both are sinning. ( missing the mark of participating in God's quality of life )
Living by the flesh is usually a result of being under the preaching of the law of some sort as it incites sinning. Christians that are living by the flesh need to hear the true gospel of the grace of God in Christ. - that they have died with Christ on the cross and been raised to a new creation - created in righteousness and holiness.
This is why it is paramount to be preaching the love and grace of God for people so that they will have the proper nutrients to grow up in Him and not fulfill the lusts of the flesh to do "it's" desires.
Then with this proper foundation in Christ - the warning scriptures will have their place in the believer's life and stop them from trying to live by their own works and self-effort instead of relying on the righteousness of God in Christ.
Romans 5:17 (NASB)
[SUP]17 [/SUP] For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.
The proper understanding of the gift of righteousness for those who Christ is in them and the reliance on Christ's work is paramount as grace reigns or rules or comes into manifestation in righteousness.
Awake to righteousness and sin not. Awake means to "sober up to be who you are, to come to one's true self". When we see that we are the righteousness of God in Christ - this will supply the nutrients for the believer to walk in who they already are in Christ.
Walking by the spirit will stop us from fulfilling the lusts of the flesh. ( walking by the spirit is simply "being who you truly are in Christ" as we see what He has done and that we are one with Him.)
If anyone be in Christ they are a new creation - Behold - look, perceive, see - old things have passed away - all things have become new. Just what are those "new things"?
(Facepalm) I'm not even gonna try to respond to that cuz I know full well I will not keep my cool lol
We equally oppose murderers, rapists and muggers, but those people aren't reacting the same way. Has to be something else.They go out of their way to be vocal about it because they see how much Christians oppose it.
I agree, and the main point is that Jesus can free them from all these feeling of not being in the right body, insecurity, and anything else that is causing these feelings. Jesus can fix you no matter the problem, but to suggest it's okay will only keep them in the delusion. The world supports and advocates these disorders enough, they don't need more validation from us Christians, they need the TRUTH. Just WOW this is even a debate on a Christian site.
Yes,I have a very close friend who is now transgender. Its a little harder because he was a Christian and then we found out he had been hiding that he was taking hormones and planning to become female. I still think the world of him,love him like a brother. But he's deluding himself that he can be both transgender and a Christian. We love people,but we cant say sin is ok.
#froglegdinner
>: p
Christians are people who ask for forgiveness from God because Jesus died for them.
It is not their sexual orientation, their sin, or their background that makes or doesn't make a Christian .
So they are not "Christians" they are Christians. Whether you think it's a sin or not. Being gay, even if not right in your eyes does not exclude anyone from being a Christian
leviticus 20:13('If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own head) we are in the end times and unimaginable vices from the devil is being spread around God made man and woman and two of every kind Genesis 1:28"Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” this is one of the reasons God created man and woman
1 corinthians 6:9-10 1 timothy1:8-10 1corinthians 7:2 psalms 127:3
Is that it? Is there no very real transformation of that person? As long as I repeat the words I'm good to go? There was a time when I thought that was all there was to it as well. I thought I was a Christian, but it turned out there was more to it than that. I agree that is the way to be saved, but it goes so much further than that. When God truly saved me I didn't say any of those words. Being saved is an event, one of those kind where you never forget where you were and what you were doing. What I am suggesting is that after one experiences this and is truly "born again" and made all new, they can not continue to live that way like it's all good, His Spirit will not allow that and will lead them away from it. I am not even saying they won't still fight the desire, or wrestle with it, but I am saying that His Spirit will not live in that situation like it's okay. Does that make sense?A Christian is someone who believes in the trinity, Father, son and the Holy Spirit, believes what the new and old testament say, and confess Jesus as their savior.
This is the future generation of Christianity speaking, welcome to the future guys hold on. It aint looking too good! They keep pushing and pushing allowing more and more, wickedness abounds.
Atleast people used to hide things like this but now its all good in the hood.
This is the future generation of Christianity speaking, welcome to the future guys hold on. It aint looking too good! They keep pushing and pushing allowing more and more, wickedness abounds.
Atleast people used to hide things like this but now its all good in the hood.
Is that it? Is there no very real transformation of that person? As long as I repeat the words I'm good to go? There was a time when I thought that was all there was to it as well. I thought I was a Christian, but it turned out there was more to it than that. I agree that is the way to be saved, but it goes so much further than that. When God truly saved me I didn't say any of those words. Being saved is an event, one of those kind where you never forget where you were and what you were doing. What I am suggesting is that after one experiences this and is truly "born again" and made all new, they can not continue to live that way like it's all good, His Spirit will not allow that and will lead them away from it. I am not even saying they won't still fight the desire, or wrestle with it, but I am saying that His Spirit will not live in that situation like it's okay. Does that make sense?
Is that it? Is there no very real transformation of that person? As long as I repeat the words I'm good to go? There was a time when I thought that was all there was to it as well. I thought I was a Christian, but it turned out there was more to it than that. I agree that is the way to be saved, but it goes so much further than that. When God truly saved me I didn't say any of those words. Being saved is an event, one of those kind where you never forget where you were and what you were doing. What I am suggesting is that after one experiences this and is truly "born again" and made all new, they can not continue to live that way like it's all good, His Spirit will not allow that and will lead them away from it. I am not even saying they won't still fight the desire, or wrestle with it, but I am saying that His Spirit will not live in that situation like it's okay. Does that make sense?
This is the future generation of Christianity speaking, welcome to the future guys hold on. It aint looking too good! They keep pushing and pushing allowing more and more, wickedness abounds.
Atleast people used to hide things like this but now its all good in the hood.
I fully agree with post..... well said!This is the future generation of Christianity speaking, welcome to the future guys hold on. It aint looking too good! They keep pushing and pushing allowing more and more, wickedness abounds.
Atleast people used to hide things like this but now its all good in the hood.