Is that the story where a prophet (I'm bad with who did what :/) asked God "if there is ten faithful people will you save it" ?
Abraham ----> Sodom
Is that the story where a prophet (I'm bad with who did what :/) asked God "if there is ten faithful people will you save it" ?
Thank you!!!!! Was my story right?
Somewhat, it was Abraham who asked God to save the city Sodom. (He wasn't a prophet)Thank you!!!!! Was my story right?
Somewhat, it was Abraham who asked God to save the city Sodom. (He wasn't a prophet)![]()
Somewhat, it was Abraham who asked God to save the city Sodom. (He wasn't a prophet)![]()
Okay, so I'm sorry I'm not trying to argue or be unbiblical, or whatever else I apparently am being, please just help, I have questions and am trying to understand, sorry....
If someone has sex out of marriage and they do it continually but then they stop and ask for forgiveness and all of that, they are Christians correct?
The true sign of a believer is that when they sin they seek forgiveness. Granted, not everybody or every circumstance is the same, so I don't want to sound like I'm giving you a blanket statement. It's not a 'one size fits all' question you asked.
But, I do not believe a true believer will dwell and wallow in sin for years before they repent, either.
Natania, I hope this helps.
1 Corinthians 6:9-11: "Do you not know that the unrighteous (unsaved) will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you (believers) were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God"
The sins mentioned in this particular scripture are identified as lifestyle sins, such as thieves, homosexuals, people living these sinful lifestyles. These people are identified as the unrighteous, so these people are not saved. They're not believers. They haven't been convicted of their sins, and the living of these lifestyles is evidence of this.
A distinction is made between non believers and believers. In that last verse it addresses believers who have the Holy Spirit, confirming "and such were some of you" (some of you used to be thieves, etc) before you were saved. For example, a thief who gets saved will no longer continue to be a thief. A homosexual who gets saved will no longer continue living a homosexual lifestyle. They've become new creatures in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17-19).
A believer does not become sinless though. We will slip up once in a while, whether through pride or anger, or another temptation.
There are testimonies of gay men who got saved and then became attracted to women. There are also gay men who have temptations and continue to struggle, but since being saved they no longer live in that continual sinful lifestyle. A true believer would not, and a true believer would also not promote homosexuality as being acceptable to God either. Just as a true believer would not promote murder or stealing.
Another message we can take from that scripture is that God saves the most wicked and evil sinners. For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). So there are no misunderstandings, it would not be true to say that a gay person can never be saved because they're gay. Salvation is a free gift. But then once that gay person gets saved they will no longer want to live a homosexual lifestyle, because they know it's not pleasing to God. They will have that conviction. "Such were some of you (believers)". The evidence can be seen by that person no longer engaging in past sinful lifestyles such as homosexuality. A christian can have temptations, but they will not engage in that lifestyle.
Since I quoted 1 Cor 6:9-11 we should also examine the verses that precede it. Though verses 1-8 are not relevant to the topic of this thread, they do give further context to this scripture, where the focus is on believers versus non believers, so they flow together...
V1-8: "Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unrighteous, and not before the saints? Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life? If then you have judgments concerning things pertaining to this life, do you appoint those who are least esteemed by the church to judge? I say this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you, not even one, who will be able to judge between his brethren? But brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers!
Now therefore, it is already an utter failure for you that you go to law against one another. Why do you not rather accept wrong? Why do you not rather let yourselves be cheated? No, you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do these things to your brethren!" ...............Do you not know that the unrighteous (unsaved) will not inherit the kingdom of God?
~~You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to preacher4truth again.~~No one here has done such a thing, get your facts straight. Everyone has shown this is the truth of the Word of God, not off their own judgment, it's right there in Scripture.
That's just a fancy way of being against God's Word and believing that practicing homosexuals are Christians.
They're not. Scripture has warned against this time and again. Frankly, you're incorrect and unbiblical.
Fair enough, but I wasn't saying he wanted to or was trying to glorify it, but he was most certainly equating the two, and the latter had NOTHING at all to do with the conversation. It's just trying to point attention away from what was being discussed with something completely off topic. It's a classic tactic the Muslims use all the time.
Example :
Guy 1: Why did Mohammed sleep with a little 9 year old girl?
Muslim: Your priest molest kids all the time.
See they just try to point elsewhere to avoid dealing with the question asked. I can't stand that tactic and it is exactly what was just done here by him. That's my only point, I wasn't saying that he was trying to give it the "OK", and G777 sorry if it came across like that.
Played a lot, but that's because it's awesome!! I think it's much better to Worship and Praise the Lord, rather than to just happen to "search the internet" and innocently find heretics!
[video=youtube;dy9nwe9_xzw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy9nwe9_xzw[/video]
The true sign of a believer is that when they sin they seek forgiveness. Granted, not everybody or every circumstance is the same, so I don't want to sound like I'm giving you a blanket statement. It's not a 'one size fits all' question you asked.
But, I do not believe a true believer will dwell and wallow in sin for years before they repent, either.
I think this thread has definitely proven the point that the church is on a slippery slope increasing speed.
When folks take offense at every other post & sow rudeness instead of mercy, my, my.![]()