Gay wedding

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
I would say this, He that winneth souls is wise, if you want him to come to the truth of God,
you should go, and let him know that even though you do not support or condone his marrage, you still love him.
We are not commissioned to win the world for Christ. By attending you are approving by association. It should be a non-event. People giving in and honoring such atrocities is why our world is in big trouble. We Christians should make a difference in our spheres of influence whenever we can. :cool:

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I would say this, He that winneth souls is wise, if you want him to come to the truth of God,
you should go, and let him know that even though you do not support or condone his marrage, you still love him.
You know, he kind of avoided me all night, I'm sure he didn't want a preaching to on his big day. In the end, he gave me a gesture of what I think was appreciation that I hadn't. So yeah, lines of communication are open now that may not have been otherwise.

Pray for them

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Were their parents there or who gave them away.
What did the celebrant say, did they pronounce them husband and husband?
Did they say meaningful vows?
Just wondering. Never been to gay wedding and dont intend to, but one of my business teachers actually targets lgbt crowd. Why because they have lots of 'disposable' income. In other words they will spend lots of money on a wedding.

I get kindaconfused between lgbt and bglt one is a bunch of strange people with rainbow type flags and the other is bacon lettuce tomato and guacamole sandwich.
They actually got married the day before, this was a reception so no there was no giving away or vows that we witnessed.

Oh but .... makes my skin crawl right now ... there was a 50 if not 60 something year old man there macking on a 20 something boy. Now THAT I would have said something about, if the Spirit had led me to. One of them instances where I'm praying PUHLEAZE Lord lemmee at it!

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
We are not commissioned to win the world for Christ. By attending you are approving by association. It should be a non-event. People giving in and honoring such atrocities is why our world is in big trouble. We Christians should make a difference in our spheres of influence whenever we can. :cool:
Yes, but aren't you here putting a limit on the size of your sphere? Again, show me where Jesus denied sinners an audience. Both He and Paul went against believers who aren't towing the line, but non-believers - where are they denied audience?

I know my nephew will still talk to me willingly. How would I example the Truth to him if that were not the case?

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Ricky can tell his nephew that he loves him and cares for his salvation without attending this abominable "wedding."
Even the word wedding is highly offensive and mocking of that which God ordained.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I would not feel pressured into going.
Things like this are really just for show. You say in your own post you are an 'audience'. What is this a show? Are you listening to them or they showing they are going to listen to YOU. Did Jesus sit at the Pharisees feet? No he didnt go to them nicodemus went out of his way to visit Jesus in secret. The publicans and sinners actively sought Jesus out Jesus did not go to them. Jesus offered the woman caught in adultery salvation why because people were asking him what he thought of her.

So if someones seeking you out talk to them about salvation you dont actually need to go to their parties and sinful gatherings. They will come to you.

I know its hard to say no but this is from experience. Dont be an enabler.

Usually if you go to things like this you will just need to pay, if they charged tickets they would. I was called up the other day by some performers saying would you like us to put on book week for your school, an hour long performance promoting books oh by the way its $5 a child so we have 400 children who can barely afford books and whos going to pay for it. We would rather spend that money on actual books and read them ouselves than have a bunch of actors try and tell children to read. Or they could just come to school and read with the children every week rather than put on a show.

Just be wary and wise dont make it harder for yourself in knowing what to accept, and what is acceptable to God. We must obey God rather than men.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
You know sometimes love mercy and compassion can make a bigger differnece than laying down the law.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
Ricky can tell his nephew that he loves him and cares for his salvation without attending this abominable "wedding."
Even the word wedding is highly offensive and mocking of that which God ordained.
See everyone has a different oppinion, but I have actually gotten to know 2 members of the GBLT community, and both told me they were molested when they were children.

Have you ever tried to understand why God considers it an abomination?

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
You know sometimes love mercy and compassion can make a bigger differnece than laying down the law.
If you had a child playing with fire, would your love encourage them to continue or would you try to stop it? If what they are doing is killing them, we stand against it. :cool:

K

Karraster

Wow Lanolin, I'd say you knocked it out of the park! Well said!

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Have you ever tried to understand why God considers it an abomination?
YES. Because it represents sinful flesh; the carnal person; the corruption of good; the denial of the Creation; the power of rebellion and Satan; the denial of the righteousness and authority of God.
whether people are homosexuals, alcoholics, gamblers, fornicators, murders, bullies, party goers, atheists, Darwinists, hedonists,
worldly treasure pursuers, and whatever else is against the Law of God - they ALL need to repent, they ALL need to seek salvation,
they ALL need to be contrite and submit to the gospel and Jesus > Acts 2:38 is a good starting point.

Sinful people are always full of excuses. Talk to a problem gambler who has squandered their family's assets.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
Law. What Law?
Oh, this Law …
Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore. (Psalm 37:27)
I was thinking Matthew 5:43-45
43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
YES. Because it represents sinful flesh; the carnal person; the corruption of good; the denial of the Creation; the power of rebellion and Satan; the denial of the righteousness and authority of God.
whether people are homosexuals, alcoholics, gamblers, fornicators, murders, bullies, party goers, atheists, Darwinists, hedonists,
worldly treasure pursuers, and whatever else is against the Law of God - they ALL need to repent, they ALL need to seek salvation,
they ALL need to be contrite and submit to the gospel and Jesus > Acts 2:38 is a good starting point.

Sinful people are always full of excuses. Talk to a problem gambler who has squandered their family's assets.
True, but how shall they hear with out a preacher? a Christians Job, is to represent God as a messanger, in fact you can't even call your self a Christian if you don't follow Jesus', Example.

So I ask you this, if you don't show them that God loves them, how are they supposed to know that God loves them?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
True, but how shall they hear with out a preacher? a Christians Job, is to represent God as a messanger, in fact you can't even call your self a Christian if you don't follow Jesus', Example.

So I ask you this, if you don't show them that God loves them, how are they supposed to know that God loves them?
I am sure ricky has preached to his nephew many times. As for the rest of the wedding party, well its an opportunity to preach if you were to make any wedding speech. But you need to treat it like a mission field. You need to pray and ask God to equip you to do this.

If it were me, and God has sent me to these people to preach, I could hardly turn away like Jonah tried to do for Ninevah even though he didnt like the ninevites. He said what God wanted him to say. And surprisingly, the ninevites did repent. But you know what, the message God sent them was he was going to destroy them. They had 40 days. But GOd showed Jonah that He had compassion. Why because he gave them warning. GOd gave no such warning to sOdom and Gomorrah he only told Abrahm he was getting Lot and his family out. It seemed the rest did not want to hear. Also abraham did not go to sodom and gomorrah to rescue Lot, God sent his angels.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
People downplay the risk of AIDS and other STDs which are rife in the gay 'community' but they are still real and sin still has consequences. Im disturbed that at this sinful gathering, older men were hitting on younger men...many of these things the men go to because they actually want to 'cruise' for new partners.

This is why its not a good idea to go. Not just for your own safety, but if you fail to warn others, they will have fallen into sin too and you just turned a blind eye. Pray for your nephew.

I mean ok it may be too late for many of these people but God knows peoples hearts. Yes many gay people have been molested in their youth it starts real young. You also fighting not flesh and blood but a spiritual battle with unclean spirits entering in bodies via sex.

Remember michael jackson, he was a paedophile...but many people just turned a blind eye to what was happening even the boys parents had no clue they were kinda bewitched by the lavish show he put on. Dont be swayed, the thing is it can happen anywhere. In families children are at risk, from stepdads, uncles, older siblings etc. molestation seems equal oppurnity for wolves to prey on sheep.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
By being separate to the world - for real Christians are sanctified, set apart from the world (which belongs to Satan).
We preach love by the power of our testimonies to having been called out of the world and converted by the power of the gospel.
We preach the love and sacrifice of Jesus for those who are lost, who are dead, who know not God.
We preach how a person can have a personal relationship with Jesus through the indwelling Holy Spirit - that is Jesus and the Father
dwelling within a person and empowering them to live a new life acceptable to God.
We preach the hope of eternal life.

The day I received the baptism of the Holy Spirit and spoke out in tongues I was instantly healed from marijuana and cigarettes,
alcohol and using speed.
I do not need to partake of marijuana again to witness to an addict nor shoot up to have credibility with a person I am witnessing to.
Far from it. My abstinence, my being set free, is the very act of love that I and Jesus desire to share with them.

Jesus did hang out with sinners, but not to be one of them, but rather to preach to them the gospel of salvation.
Ricky's nephew does not need encouragement, nor acceptance, nor endorsement from his "Christian" uncle. Ricky's nephew needs to
understand that not everyone accepts his lifestyle and moral bankruptcy, and as to why.

Jesus came into the world not just to save people from themselves and the enemy, but to make dead people alive.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
By being separate to the world - for real Christians are sanctified, set apart from the world (which belongs to Satan).
We preach love by the power of our testimonies to having been called out of the world and converted by the power of the gospel.
We preach the love and sacrifice of Jesus for those who are lost, who are dead, who know not God.
We preach how a person can have a personal relationship with Jesus through the indwelling Holy Spirit - that is Jesus and the Father
dwelling within a person and empowering them to live a new life acceptable to God.
We preach the hope of eternal life.

The day I received the baptism of the Holy Spirit and spoke out in tongues I was instantly healed from marijuana and cigarettes,
alcohol and using speed.
I do not need to partake of marijuana again to witness to an addict nor shoot up to have credibility with a person I am witnessing to.
Far from it. My abstinence, my being set free, is the very act of love that I and Jesus desire to share with them.

Jesus did hang out with sinners, but not to be one of them, but rather to preach to them the gospel of salvation.
Ricky's nephew does not need encouragement, nor acceptance, nor endorsement from his "Christian" uncle. Ricky's nephew needs to
understand that not everyone accepts his lifestyle and moral bankruptcy, and as to why.

Jesus came into the world not just to save people from themselves and the enemy, but to make dead people alive.
You STILL haven't shown ONE example where Jesus turned His back on sinners.

You say becoming Christian gives you the right to shun unbelievers as a way to show them your Christian love.

But to unbelievers, you're just a stuck up snob they will never listen to.

Yeah that's a sure fire way to win converts!

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
You STILL haven't shown ONE example where Jesus turned His back on sinners.
You say becoming Christian gives you the right to shun unbelievers as a way to show them your Christian love.
But to unbelievers, you're just a stuck up snob they will never listen to.
Yeah that's a sure fire way to win converts!
And you are deliberately misquoting and deliberating twisting content to feign indignation and offence.
I have never directed you to shun your nephew or treat him disparagingly, nor do I shun unbelievers.
I preach Jesus Christ and the his salvation. I preach how a person can be born from above and have a new life serving God,
living for God.
And yes that is a surefire way to win converts. My testimony about how I used to be and my old life, how by the power of God I was converted and live a new life.
People must be searching for God and seeking truth to accept the need for repentance.
I do not need to go into a hotel and drink alcohol to be one with those who are not set free from the bondage of sin - I only
need to share with them how the Lord through the indwelling Holy Spirit set me free from alcohol, cigarettes, etc.
Those who are pleased by hearing this thirst for more and I pray that another will water.

Get off your high horse and come to terms with your failure to be an ambassador unto Christ Jesus.
Did you witness to all the other people at this reception? Did you preach Jesus and repentance to them?
There's more at stake here than just your nephew.