Gay wedding

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Karraster

Rick Warren did a video on the Celebrate Recovery site that calibob gave the link for. Who said he founded it? Rick Warren has some history concerning gay issues, such as endorsing prop 8, then denying he endorsed prop 8 when it became inconvenient for him. Holding hands with Elton John making a crack about them kissing, it went viral...just the tip of the iceberg. No I'm not saying Warren is gay, I repeat, as far as I know Warren is not gay. He just has a bad memory?

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Lets all come together in prayer that Kevin will be convicted and come to you and all allow God to renew Him. Time is of the essence for so many reasons. There but by the grace of God go I.
Amen

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
In fact some Guy named John Baker is the author of Celebrate Recovery, not Rick Warren.
That is good to know :) So much for all the hoopla about R.W. :rolleyes: Thank you for setting the record straight (y)

There :D

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
If the mistake was done, are we circling in regret?

1 John 1:9
And Romans 5:5-6 while we were still powerless, God died for the ungodly

If no mistake, shouldn't we be proud of Ricky's decision?

And why are we still bickering about all this, what are we trying to learn?

If no one learn anything, can this thread be locked by a moderator?
There are others facing this same question. And each of us has to choose when it is our time. Just because my issue is over (for now), for others it is just around the corner.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Good point, I wish the title of the thread can change, before anyone else think that cc com is ok with gay wedding, just because the two words keep popping up

Other than to the title, I'm fine

Perhaps "sinful wedding dilemma Ricky is struggling with" is a better title to the thread
But that's not PC ;)

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
This thread has been disturbing to me. I have a 15 yr old granddaughter, it pains me to think what all the young are exposed to these days.
Amen. May the Holy Spirit guide her straight and true to the end.

K

Karraster

There are others facing this same question. And each of us has to choose when it is our time. Just because my issue is over (for now), for others it is just around the corner.
What if we choose before we are in that situation? I was offered a recreational drug that lot's of people think is ok, when I was around 45 years old. I said "no", he laughed and ask why not? I said,.., man I made that decision when I was a kid! I don't even have to think about it now. For some reason that made a lasting impression on that man, and had it not been for his reaction to what I said I might not even remember it. As it happened, it made me realize I made lot's of choices well before I was in the position to choose.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
What if we choose before we are in that situation? I was offered a recreational drug that lot's of people think is ok, when I was around 45 years old. I said "no", he laughed and ask why not? I said,.., man I made that decision when I was a kid! I don't even have to think about it now. For some reason that made a lasting impression on that man, and had it not been for his reaction to what I said I might not even remember it. As it happened, it made me realize I made lot's of choices well before I was in the position to choose.
But the question isn't are we going to engage in the sin, it's are we going to love or condemn the sinner?

K

Karraster

Just to clarify, I've made more than my share of bad choices too.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you,
for my power is made perfect in weakness."

~ Noah was a drunk

~ Abraham was old

~ Isaac was a daydreamer

~ Jacob was a liar

~ Leah was unattractive

~ Joseph was abused and jailed

~ Moses had a stuttering problem and disobeyed God

~ Gideon was afraid

~ Samson was a womanizer

~ Rahab was a prostitute

~ David was an adulterer and a murderer

~ Elijah was suicidal

~ Isaiah preached naked

~ Jonah ran from God

~ Naomi was a widow

~ Job went bankrupt

~ John the Baptist ate bugs

~ Peter denied Christ... three times!!!

~ The disciples fell asleep while praying

~ Martha worried about too much

~ The Samaritan woman was divorced

~ Zacchaeus was too small

~ Paul was zealously religious for the wrong cause (originally)

Don't look for perfection in men. We are followers of Christ.

God's strength works best through our weaknesses.

K

Karraster

But the question isn't are we going to engage in the sin, it's are we going to love or condemn the sinner?
I disagree, in my neck of the woods a wedding reception is for the purpose of the new couple "receiving" their guests for the first time as husband and wife. It's to thank the guests for sharing their happiness with refreshments, and a general celebrating the union. I could not possibly attend that of a gay couple, as I do not celebrate or support it.

I do not hate or condemn them. At times I decline to go to certain movies or other events, doesn't mean I hate the ones who invited me, not at all and they don't take it as such. We all have to make our own choices what we see, hear, speak, be involved in. But you created this thread, and I did try and persuade you not to go, because you asked.

S

Susanna

truly she is the master of avoidance... 10/10 when confronted with truth.
That was a snide remark. You’re so convinced that you, and only you, know what the truth is, that you’re using cheap rhetoric to make people shut up when you’re being challenged.

Where did you learn that? That’s a well known strategy for people you really don’t want to be lumped together with.

Why don’t you instead start listening to what other people are saying? Maybe you could learn something? I have learned a lot from others in this thread, including the ones I disagree with, but with your posts it is difficult because you’re hiding under so many layers of armor.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
No one has, we’re just not in agreement on the best way of reaching out to them.
Some are called to certain ministries that others do not understand, and not understanding, condemn. It reminds me of a former member who used to diss the 12 step program because non-believers are given permission to envision God in a non-threatening way, however they choose, as long as their "Higher Power" is loving, and caring, and greater than they are. Of course we understand our "Higher Power" to be the One True God, Whom we know as Jesus Christ, but how long did it take us to come to that understanding? We were all born enemies of God. I am an advocate for the 12 step model because its purpose is to help people develop and maintain a personal relationship with the One True God :) Being a member of such groups brings me into contact with people from all walks of life, and I love hearing the God stories, which intrigued me even as a non-believer.

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
I have two people in my family who are in this lifestyle, I could not attend any wedding or anything that their relationship was celebrated, if I did I would be approving and condoning it, and I can not and will not.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
PROFANE > why would some on CC participate in this and call it the right thing to do?

PROFA'NE, a. [L. profanus; pro and fanum, a temple.]
1. Irreverent to any thing sacred; applied to persons. A man is profane when he takes the name of God in vain, or treats sacred things with abuse and irreverence.
2. Irreverent; proceeding from a contempt of sacred things, or implying it; as profane words or language; profane swearing.
3. Not sacred; secular; relating to secular things; as profane history.
4. Polluted; not pure.
Nothing is profane that serveth to holy things.
5. Not purified or holy; allowed for common use; as a profane place. Ezek 42. and 48.
6. Obscene; heathenish; tending to bring reproach on religion; as profane fables. 1 Tim 4.
Profane is used chiefly in Scripture in opposition to holy, or qualified ceremonially for sacred services.

PROFA'NE, v.t. To violate any thing sacred, or treat it with abuse,irreverence, obloquy or contempt; as, to profane the name of God;
to profane the sabbath; to profane the Scriptures or the ordinances of God.
1. To pollute; to defile; to apply to temporal uses; to use as base or common. Ezek 24.
2. To violate. Mal 2.
3. To pollute; to debase. Lev 21.
4. To put to a wrong use.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you,
for my power is made perfect in weakness."

~ John the Baptist ate bugs
God's strength works best through our weaknesses.
From BBC.com/news/magazine;

Eating locusts: The crunchy, kosher snack taking Israel by swarm.
And a few, like Zivotofsky's unlucky locusts, are now landing up in heavily populated areas, like Tel Aviv.

Call it revenge, or just a practical killing of two birds with one stone - whatever the motivation, many Israelis have decided to cook them up, and eat them.

"They taste very nice, I can tell you!" Arnold van Huis, Scientist​

Locust is the only insect which is considered kosher. Specific extracts in the Torah state that four types of desert locust - the red, the yellow, the spotted grey, and the white - can be eaten.

OK all you wanna be Pharisees, Judaizers, Zealots and law keepers it's kosher! Dinner is served!

1560337142108.png

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
OK all you wanna be Pharisees, Judaizers, Zealots and law keepers
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
Leviticus 20:13
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
Leviticus 18:22
And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel.
1Kings 14:24

8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.
9 I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O LORD, thou know.
Psalm 40:
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Romans 6:

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Separation is a doctrine often avoided in the church today.

2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

For the cause of Christ
Roger