Gay wedding

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Well since normal society considers it normal to consume alcohol at celebrations like holiday parties, weddings and sporting event's and I realize that's the ticket to relapse. I consider alcoholism incurable. I can never be normal agian.

I am truly sorry you feel that way because the God I sever set me free from drugs, and booze, I am not longer a drug addict, I am not an alcoholic and those who are gay who comes to the saving power of the Lord Jesus Christ are no longer gay.

I am no longer a victim or bound to my past. If I accepted your point of View that means God of the Bible is a liar. Whom the Son has set free is free indeed. Jesus said in Luke chapter For HE came to set the captive free what you have is not freedom but torment.

Most who do not have freedom from drugs and booze and sexual addiction do remain because they love it. And when God is ready to set them free and HE does they choose to return to it like a dog to his vomit. Jesus showed us how to be free at a wedding he went and did not engage in the things others may have done because HE had self-control and his family was present. He would not dishonor them. Jesus cures the addict the one in the bible did.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Because I contend that gays are no different than any other non christians. if they don't get save they are all going to hell. So whats the difference gay or straight Muslim or Buddhist. I'm sure the lake of fire won't care. The question should be whether to attend a non christian wedding or reception..
first you contend a false narrative gay are not a race of people or belief system. it is a sexual preference that is abnormal. Also known as a perversion or sin. you see gay and religion as similar that is why you are ill-informed. the non-christian wedding between a man and women is more in line with a Christian marriage of one man and one woman than two gay people will ever be.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Well since normal society considers it normal to consume alcohol at celebrations like holiday parties, weddings and sporting event's and I realize that's the ticket to relapse. I consider alcoholism incurable. I can never be normal agian.
Cheer up my brother! Your day of glorification is coming!

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Matthew 19:26 But Jesus beheld [them], and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

S

Susanna

I think alcoholics, drug addicts, fornicators, gays, people corrupted by power etc cannot be cured. They can stop, but they can’t get totally rid of that streak....unless, they acknowledge the power in the blood of the lamb.

Then they can get rid of the burden of the sin. I love that hymn so much❤️.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I think alcoholics, drug addicts, fornicators, gays, people corrupted by power etc cannot be cured. They can stop, but they can’t get totally rid of that streak....unless, they acknowledge the power in the blood of the lamb.

So they can be cured, but only by the shed blood of Jesus, correct?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I am truly sorry you feel that way because the God I sever set me free from drugs, and booze, I am not longer a drug addict, I am not an alcoholic and those who are gay who comes to the saving power of the Lord Jesus Christ are no longer gay.

I am no longer a victim or bound to my past. If I accepted your point of View that means God of the Bible is a liar. Whom the Son has set free is free indeed. Jesus said in Luke chapter For HE came to set the captive free what you have is not freedom but torment.

Most who do not have freedom from drugs and booze and sexual addiction do remain because they love it. And when God is ready to set them free and HE does they choose to return to it like a dog to his vomit. Jesus showed us how to be free at a wedding he went and did not engage in the things others may have done because HE had self-control and his family was present. He would not dishonor them. Jesus cures the addict the one in the bible did.
I can accept it from your point of view however perhaps you had some faith in a God that performed miracles to begin with. Most people don't and didn't Paul write about his ongoing struggle with the flesh? Do you think you know what his thorn was. If your cured from alcoholism the disease, not the habit, are you free to drink like nothing ever happened?

Have you ever worked or lived in an addiction treatment center that didn't have a 12 step program? I think the most common mistake made was to take the lord out of the plan originally started by the oxford group about 100 years ago. AA was founded by agnostics that were hesitant to accept the God and Lord of the bible so they toned down the rhetoric. However the first 3 steps still lead directly to God. I threw that higher power/God of our understand trash out. And stand firm that Jesus is the rock.

The rest of the steps are work for those of us that weren't suddenly struck healthy and sane. I've read plenty more than I showed you however, I trade them at used book stores. For more books. I kept the ones I have in order to start a Christian 12 step program not directly affiliated with the rest. I have no interest in selling books or making a profit The whole plan is; Get the lost to surrender, Introduce them to the Lord, Help them to see themselves and eventually get them to help others.

And yes people love what they think is fun until it nearly destroys them. That's when they seek help usually The death toll is staggering. Conversions like you describe, on a permanent, basis is rarer than speaking in tongues. I know that it happens, but not to most. Most people don't even know how to pray from the heart. They recite pre- written form prayers often in vain repetition like nursery rhymes. I've even known Lutherans that didn't believe it the power of prayer.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I would prefer the word DELIVERED!
How about crucified or destroyed? lol.

Romans 6:6-7 KJVS
[6] Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. [7] For he that is dead is freed from sin.

CS1

May 23, 2012

that is your opinion but the God of the Bible came to set men free and we do not have to live in sin we can live free from the sin. Jesus is the cure. I never cease to amaze me of the comments that are completely against the liberating power of Christ. I guess Jesus must have lied. And then none of us can be saved. Poor me just got to be gay and a drunk forever.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
that is your opinion but the God of the Bible came to set men free and we do not have to live in sin we can live free from the sin. Jesus is the cure. I never cease to amaze me of the comments that are completely against the liberating power of Christ. I guess Jesus must have lied. And then none of us can be saved. Poor me just got to be gay and a drunk forever.
That language is offensive. I'm an alcoholic, I'm no longer a drunk. Or do you know the difference? Do you even know the difference between a bad habit and an addiction?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Rick Warren is not thr author, he merely wrote the forward. It became a hit and he commercialized it. I am not a follower of men and certainly not him. There's over 200 pages of solid Christian Recovery materiel her plus some swag in the back. I bought mine used at a reasonable price too.

CS1

May 23, 2012
I can accept it from your point of view however perhaps you had some faith in a God that performed miracles to begin with. Most people don't and didn't Paul write about his ongoing struggle with the flesh? Do you think you know what his thorn was. If your cured from alcoholism the disease, not the habit, are you free to drink like nothing ever happened?

Have you ever worked or lived in an addiction treatment center that didn't have a 12 step program? I think the most common mistake made was to take the lord out of the plan originally started by the oxford group about 100 years ago. AA was founded by agnostics that were hesitant to accept the God and Lord of the bible so they toned down the rhetoric. However the first 3 steps still lead directly to God. I threw that higher power/God of our understand trash out. And stand firm that Jesus is the rock.

The rest of the steps are work for those of us that weren't suddenly struck healthy and sane. I've read plenty more than I showed you however, I trade them at used book stores. For more books. I kept the ones I have in order to start a Christian 12 step program not directly affiliated with the rest. I have no interest in selling books or making a profit The whole plan is; Get the lost to surrender, Introduce them to the Lord, Help them to see themselves and eventually get them to help others.

And yes people love what they think is fun until it nearly destroys them. That's when they seek help usually The death toll is staggering. Conversions like you describe, on a permanent, basis is rarer than speaking in tongues. I know that it happens, but not to most. Most people don't even know how to pray from the heart. They recite pre- written form prayers often in vain repetition like nursery rhymes. I've even known Lutherans that didn't believe it the power of prayer.

it is not my point it is what Jesus said, either he Lied or HE did not. Yes God did for me what I have seen HIM do for many others The God of the Bible is not some evil taskmaster that many color HIM with or as. Jesus is the only way.
the sets are humble and repent 2. call out to HIm and receive 3. Be empower to live. the AA 12 step was taken from the context of what salvation in Christ center program will do.

Teen Challenge has a 70% success rate AA does not even come close. maybe 12 % even though they tout a 75%. That is not true. they teach to minimize relapses not victory over them. behavioral modification are you doing it without God, Being set free is Christ doing it you walking in it. I am not an alcoholic anymore I have been set free.

S

Susanna

What are you saying? I was talking about the free gift of salvation.

CS1

May 23, 2012
That language is offensive. I'm an alcoholic, I'm no longer a drunk. Or do you know the difference? Do you even know the difference between a bad habit and an addiction?
I'm sorry you are offended by the term drunk which is in the Bible the word alcoholic is not. yes,I do know the difference and I know God is the one who heals one from such a desire and disease. Alcoholism is sometimes known as alcohol addiction or alcohol dependence. which I have been set free from.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
it is not my point it is what Jesus said, either he Lied or HE did not. Yes God did for me what I have seen HIM do for many others The God of the Bible is not some evil taskmaster that many color HIM with or as. Jesus is the only way.
the sets are humble and repent 2. call out to HIm and receive 3. Be empower to live. the AA 12 step was taken from the context of what salvation in Christ center program will do.

Teen Challenge has a 70% success rate AA does not even come close. maybe 12 % even though they tout a 75%. That is not true. they teach to minimize relapses not victory over them. behavioral modification are you doing it without God, Being set free is Christ doing it you walking in it. I am not an alcoholic anymore I have been set free.
I know full well Teen Challenges track record, I've listened to Wilkerson, in person and I've Met Nicky Cruse. It works because they put Christ back into the program. FYI, I read the bible every day. And I trust it more than the Sun.

CS1

May 23, 2012
What are you saying? I was talking about the free gift of salvation.
salvation from what?

You said

"I think alcoholics, drug addicts, fornicators, gays, people corrupted by power etc cannot be cured. "

if that is true then they are not saved in context to salvation which means saved healed and delivered.

What you said was not salvation.