gays and heaven

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TLC209

Mar 20, 2019
Merced, CA
Let us change the question
If you are a Christian, and you have a bad habit. (Cussing / getting jealous or angry easily / speak of other people being foolosh when you don't agree with them etc...) ... do you go to hell?

.. or are you saved by the blood of Christ?

We have all sinned. And I know not ONE Christian who has stopped sinning. So.... why do people try to make it different for gay people? There is two solutions:

ALL those who sin after accepting Christ go to to hell because they loose their salvation
or
ALL who accepted Christ to go haven because they are saved by His blood
Who is saved? If you accept Christ you are saved is that what you are saying? Does all it take is some little prayer someone else told you to repeat? And then poof** "youre saved"? You cant lose something you never had. So you cant lose salvation. Salvation is a promise to those that keep the faith and those who do the will of God. Being a gay is not the will of God and no prayer that a gay could ever repeat would ever save him. Repentance leads to salvation. There lies the key.

K

kaylagrl

Being actively participating in a gay lifestyle will not keep them from going to heaven, but it will keep them from being members of the church that Christ set up. 1 Cor 6:9 has reference to Christ's church (Kingdom of God), not eternal heaven.

Yep, zombie thread I know but say what?! Actively participating in a gay lifestyle won't keep you from heaven?? Ahh, no sir!! You have that wrong. It will 100% keep you out of heaven. No ifs,ands or buts!!

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
Yep, zombie thread I know but say what?! Actively participating in a gay lifestyle won't keep you from heaven?? Ahh, no sir!! You have that wrong. It will 100% keep you out of heaven. No ifs,ands or buts!!
thank you for contending for righteousness sister. we are fighting against the lawless licentious preaching worldwide.

notice how st.paul says be not deceived? it is in this area where deception is to be expected and it has indeed arrived. he said be not deceived to make us particularly to pay attention.

1Corinthians 6:9-10 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

do not be deceived. anyone who is engaged in these activities will not inherit the kingdom. dont let anyone deceive you into thinking this means being members of the church as forestgreencook said or it means getting rewards or anything of the sort. st.paul is clear, it means they will not inherit the kingdom of God, no share in it. this is a sober reminder to me and to us and to you and to all.

Adelia

Apr 18, 2018
I believe one should examine the biblical definition of repentance. The biblical definition of repentance means, “to change one's mind.” ... To truly repent, God needs to change our mind about that sin. Psalm 97:10 “O you who love the LORD, hate evil!” True repentance happens when we see sin as God sees sin

newton3003

Feb 4, 2017
nope...being gay is not a requirement for going to heaven.
I think you mean that being gay in and of itself will not get you into Heaven?

Leviticus 18:22 says, "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination." Jesus said he came to fulfill the Law, not to add to it or subtract from it.

Being gay might rise to the issue of forgiveness, to the extent that God might forgive a person's being gay if he has demonstrated his faith and love in God in other ways. That leads us to works, since James 2:17 tells us that "faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead." And we have been told, in Proverbs 3:5, not to lean on our own understanding in matters pertaining to God.

K

kaylagrl

Leviticus 18:22 says, "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination." Jesus said he came to fulfill the Law, not to add to it or subtract from it.

Being gay might rise to the issue of forgiveness, to the extent that God might forgive a person's being gay if he has demonstrated his faith and love in God in other ways. That leads us to works, since James 2:17 tells us that "faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead." And we have been told, in Proverbs 3:5, not to lean on our own understanding in matters pertaining to God.

God will forgive a person from being gay if they repent and turn from that sin. No works will get a person into heaven that lives a sinful lifestyle no matter what the sin. Repent and turn.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
In this age, no one is getting to heaven who is not a part of the church - but anyway - this thread is over five years old and the original people discussing this are long gone . . . . .
Chester, I believe the scriptures to teach that most of God's elect are in the invisible church and a remnant of his elect are in the visible church. There is scripture in the book of Ezk that talks about a wheel within a wheel which I believe depicts this concept. I also believe that the two gates spoken of in Matt has this same concept, the wide gate being the invisible church (preaching false doctrines) and the straight gate being the remnant that has been revealed, by the Holy Spirit, the truth of the doctrine that Jesus taught. Both of these two groups of his elect are saved eternally.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
God will forgive a person from being gay if they repent and turn from that sin. No works will get a person into heaven that lives a sinful lifestyle no matter what the sin. Repent and turn.
So are you saying that Christ died for the sins that you commit but did not die for the sin of being gay? Repentance is not the cause of our eternal salvation, but a product of already being saved.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Who is saved? If you accept Christ you are saved is that what you are saying? Does all it take is some little prayer someone else told you to repeat? And then poof** "youre saved"? You cant lose something you never had. So you cant lose salvation. Salvation is a promise to those that keep the faith and those who do the will of God. Being a gay is not the will of God and no prayer that a gay could ever repeat would ever save him. Repentance leads to salvation. There lies the key.
Sorry, that is not the key. There is no key. you cannot do anything of your own accord that will get you to heaven. You get to heaven only by the sovereign grace of God, without the help of mankind.

The truth of the matter is that Christ paid for all of the sins of those that he died for and all of them will live in heaven with him. Repenting of a sin can get you rewards here in this life, but repenting is not the cause of your eternal salvation.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
thank you for contending for righteousness sister. we are fighting against the lawless licentious preaching worldwide.

notice how st.paul says be not deceived? it is in this area where deception is to be expected and it has indeed arrived. he said be not deceived to make us particularly to pay attention.

1Corinthians 6:9-10 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

do not be deceived. anyone who is engaged in these activities will not inherit the kingdom. dont let anyone deceive you into thinking this means being members of the church as forestgreencook said or it means getting rewards or anything of the sort. st.paul is clear, it means they will not inherit the kingdom of God, no share in it. this is a sober reminder to me and to us and to you and to all.
You are confusing the Kingdom of God (the church, not heaven). Christ paid for all of the sin's of those that he died for, which were only those that his Father gave him and they will all live in heaven with him. These sins mentioned will keep you out of the visible church (the kingdom of God) but not out of heaven because Christ paid for them in full.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
I just thank God that I am not the one who has to make that call.

It is God's place to judge not mine.

In general about sin.

Somewhere in the Letters of John, if one is living a sinful lifestyle of any kind without repentance they do not know Jesus.

1 Corinthians 5:12-13 It is not my business to judge those who are not part of the group of believers. God will judge them, but you must judge those who are part of your group. The Scriptures say, “Make the evil person leave your group.”

1 John 3:6 Expanded Bible (EXB)
6 So anyone who ·lives [abides; remains] in ·Christ [L him] does not ·go on sinning [or sin; C the Christian ideal, an implicit call to avoid sin]. Anyone who ·goes on sinning [or sins] has ·never really understood Christ and has never known him [L neither seen him nor known him].

1 John 3:6 Amplified Bible (AMP)
6 No one who abides in Him [who remains united in fellowship with Him—deliberately, knowingly, and habitually] practices sin. No one who habitually sins has seen Him or known Him.

1 John 3:6 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
6 So whoever lives in Christ does not continue to sin. If they continue to sin, they have never really understood Christ and have never known him.

1 John 3:6 J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)
Conduct will show who is a man’s spiritual father
4-6 Everyone who commits sin breaks God’s law, for that is what sin is, by definition—a breaking of God’s law. You know, moreover, that Christ became man for the purpose of removing sin, and he himself was quite free from sin. The man who lives “in Christ” does not habitually sin. The regular sinner has never seen or known him.

1 John 3:6 The Message (MSG)
4-6 All who indulge in a sinful life are dangerously lawless, for sin is a major disruption of God’s order. Surely you know that Christ showed up in order to get rid of sin. There is no sin in him, and sin is not part of his program. No one who lives deeply in Christ makes a practice of sin. None of those who do practice sin have taken a good look at Christ. They’ve got him all backward.
Come on now. No one can live a sinless life, but Christ. If you say that you do not sin, you are a liar and the truth is not in you. That is scripture.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
You are right Chester, but sometimes it pays every few years to re-tackle topics like this. That way new(er) believers can receive the wisdom and expertise that more mature believers can give.

My view though is a bit different. Matt. 7:21 say that not everyone who says Lord Lord will enter the kingdom of God. A gay person may not be a true believer, in that case is bound for eternity in Hell
The kingdom of God is Christ's visible church here on earth and certain sinners are not allowed to be a part of it, but if they are of the elect, they will live in heaven because Christ paid for their sins.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Christ paid for ALL of the sins of those that he died for in full and no sin will keep them out of heaven. What do you think the purpose of Christ's death on the cross was for?

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
People willfully living a sinful lifestyle probably aren't saved anyway.

K

kaylagrl

Christ paid for ALL of the sins of those that he died for in full and no sin will keep them out of heaven. What do you think the purpose of Christ's death on the cross was for?

Christ died for all, full stop. The idea that you can commit any sin, continue in a sinful lifestyle is not taught anywhere in the Bible. Christ's blood was for those who would believe on His name and be saved. That does not give you free reign to sin. That's ridiculous.

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
will gay people get to heaven living a gay life style?
Will strait people go to heaven having sex with whom ever other than their husband/wife (married or not married)?

After my divorce 15 years ago, if you told me I was desirable I went to bed with you. If I would have died during that time I would have gone to heaven. I have not had sex since 2011 I am still going to heaven....

Point is gay or strait the Holy Spirit does NOT leave you in your sin!!!!

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
U cant be a practicing gay or witch or murderer or idolator etc. And go to heaven. Thats rediciolous stop justifying what God hates. Its clearly written that we must walk in the light.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
You are confusing the Kingdom of God (the church, not heaven). Christ paid for all of the sin's of those that he died for, which were only those that his Father gave him and they will all live in heaven with him. These sins mentioned will keep you out of the visible church (the kingdom of God) but not out of heaven because Christ paid for them in full.
be not deceived. its not talking about the church. the church is filled with wickedness of every sort, clearly that verse isnt about the church?
U cant be a practicing gay or witch or murderer or idolator etc. And go to heaven. Thats rediciolous stop justifying what God hates. Its clearly written that we must walk in the light.
thank you sister for contending for righteousness and the faith once delivered to the saints. it brings joy to my heart to see some people awake and walk in the Spirit.

walk in the light amen.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Christ died for all, full stop. The idea that you can commit any sin, continue in a sinful lifestyle is not taught anywhere in the Bible. Christ's blood was for those who would believe on His name and be saved. That does not give you free reign to sin. That's ridiculous.
You need to explain John 6:38. It says that Jesus died for those that god gave him and all that he died for will live in heaven with him. If he died for all mankind, then all mankind will live in heaven. Christ was a sacrifice to God for God's acceptance and not a sacrifice to man for man's acceptance. Take a look at David, the apple of God's eye, he committed adultery, murder, and lied. Do you think that he will be in heaven?

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
be not deceived. its not talking about the church. the church is filled with wickedness of every sort, clearly that verse isnt about the church?

thank you sister for contending for righteousness and the faith once delivered to the saints. it brings joy to my heart to see some people awake and walk in the Spirit.

walk in the light amen.
Christ died for ALL of the sins of those that he died for, including being gay, but he did not die for all mankind, only those that God gave him. You disgrace your Savior by limiting his ability and purpose for his death.