Gen 43:30

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

WebersHome

Senior Member
Dec 9, 2014
1,940
34
0
-
†. Gen 43:30 . .Then Joseph made a hasty exit because he was
overcome with emotion for his brother and wanted to sob. Going
into his private room, he wept there.


Only people who have found long-lost relatives can understand the wave of
emotion that swept Joseph at this moment. It's a strange human
experience.

When my own full brother found me after losing track of each other for
almost 26 years, I broke down and had to call in sick to work the next day.
It was overwhelming; and I don't even like the man. My brother and I were
never friends. In point of fact, our reunion took place over the phone and via
US Mail: we never did actually meet up face to face. I informed him, in no
uncertain terms, that if he ever came to my home I would call the Sheriff.
Anon, I took steps to insure he never wrote me, nor called me, ever again. If
my brother should die before me, I don't want to be told about it; and won't
go to his funeral.

Somebody might ask: Why don't you forgive your brother and let bygones
be bygones. No; they don't understand. My brother is toxic. He's on a third
marriage and has left behind him a wake of broken-hearted, psychologically
damaged wives and children. Everyone is secondary to his business
ambitions. Nobody is on a plane with those ambitions-- nobody. He's
extremely competitive, supercilious, and always has to be the center of
attention at the expense of everyone else's self respect. My brother is cursed
with a natural talent for making people in his presence feel bad about
themselves.

No, it's not as simple as bygones-- it's as simple as self defense. I am not
going to let my brother close enough to de-humanize me all over again, and
I am certainly not going to let him near any of my own family. It's just not
going to happen unless he goes through some very miraculous changes first.

Haven't you noticed how cautious Joseph has been with his own brothers?
That's the lesson of this section; don't miss it. Joseph has been carefully
gauging his elder brothers' reactions through all this to make very, very sure
he can trust them enough to let them back into his life. There was too much
at stake.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=