Genesis 6:1-2 Revisited. Unredeemable

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

massorite

Jan 3, 2015
It says bluntly in the first mention of him that he is an animal, a beast of the field, a serpent, a dragon. This is confirmed in the last mentions of Satan in the book of the Apocalypse, confirming he is the same serpent, again calling him a dragon, that old serpent, and giving you the two names by which he is called, which are Satan and Devil, which by translation means Enemy and Liar. When Satan fell is when all the world fell because of his three lies in the Garden which he told the woman to trick her, and using her tricked Adam.

Satan has never been an angel, but we are warned by Paul that he masquerades as one. This really just logically follows that if he has to pretend and transform to appear as an angel of light to deceive foolish people throughout history that he really isn't an angel.

None of the events of Revelation are past, for it will be impossible to miss the great earthquake that shakes all the world, or the opening of the bottomless pit, or the smiting of the sun and the moon, or the falling of the stars to the face of the earth, and other such things as happen immediately before the End. They will all happen in a single generation, the very last generation, for it is the End.

When the war in heaven happens Satan, whom is the great dragon, that old serpent, will be cast out to the earth along with the angels whom he can seduce with his lies, and they will not be allowed to go back in, hence he will be very wrathful because then he'll know that his time is short, that his old life is near an end, and that Lord Jesus will soon kill him and throw him into the lake of fire for all of eternity, praise Jesus.
LOL HA HA HA Are you telling me that animals could talk and communicate with humans in the garden? Good luck with proving that.

Feb 1, 2020
LOL HA HA HA Are you telling me that animals could talk and communicate with humans in the garden? Good luck with proving that.
The great red dragon indeed, the old serpent which spoke to your Woman and deceived her with three Lies, his demonic dragon breath, and she ate to her shame and her sorrow. And she gave to her husband the Man and he ate to his shame and his toil. And like God had forewarned them they were cursed to die. You are the proof and so am I. Lord God put an ancient enmity between his seed and the woman's seed, therefore is he called Enemy. He is the father of the lies for he breathed them out, therefore is he called Devil.

So that's his beginning, the old serpent, he is cursed above all cattle. His ending was all ready written. Lord Jesus when he famously confronted him rebuked Satan's same three Lies and was crucified and resurrected and ascended to the right hand of Power. Now as if the battle wasn't over enough from the beginning the pathetic little animal certainly has his fate fixed forever and if you believe what the Bible says to even a small degree I think you and all the angels know there is a day when Lord Jesus returns and he shall slay the oldest dragon, Satan. Jesus shall even slay the dragon with the sword of his mouth, the power of his breath, the Spirit of Truth. Praise God.

Mar 28, 2016

Well of course they cannot talk . A horse is a horse of course. no Mr Edd's of Francis the talking mule.

Not any more that did Balaam's Ass when God put his words on her lips and that prophecy stopped the madness of the false prophet Balaam

.It was the spirit of error that revealed its lying apposing thoughts coming from the creatures (serpent mouth) that were moved by the spirit of lies, Satan

I am reminded of Moses who had the same kind of idea (God has no power to speak through his prophets) that bring the words of his mouth . If God made the mouth and the ear surely he can move them according to the good purpose of his eternal will

Exodus4:11 And the Lord said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the Lord?

God is not serve by human lips or hands a a will .

Jerimiah also tried to get out of being a spokesman, (prophet apostle) saying you got the wrong guy.

Jerimiah1: 6-9 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord. Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.

Samuel thought the words were coming from Eli's mouth until the third time. Three indicating the end of a matter.

Mar 28, 2016
The great red dragon indeed, the old serpent which spoke to your Woman and deceived her with three Lies, his demonic dragon breath, and she ate to her shame and her sorrow. And she gave to her husband the Man and he ate to his shame and his toil. And like God had forewarned them they were cursed to die. You are the proof and so am I. Lord God put an ancient enmity between his seed and the woman's seed, therefore is he called Enemy. He is the father of the lies for he breathed them out, therefore is he called Devil.

So that's his beginning, the old serpent, he is cursed above all cattle. His ending was all ready written. Lord Jesus when he famously confronted him rebuked Satan's same three Lies and was crucified and resurrected and ascended to the right hand of Power. Now as if the battle wasn't over enough from the beginning the pathetic little animal certainly has his fate fixed forever and if you believe what the Bible says to even a small degree I think you and all the angels know there is a day when Lord Jesus returns and he shall slay the oldest dragon, Satan. Jesus shall even slay the dragon with the sword of his mouth, the power of his breath, the Spirit of Truth. Praise God.
:LOL::)

She ate shame? Why did he not eat her rather than dust?
How old is this serpent? How many miles of skin has it shed? Reptiles continue to grow. What does he eat.?How can he hide? Do you have a photo ID, birth certificate? or dna ?

What kind of sword that is held in the mouth that did slay the dragoon? Where can he be found .Is he the abdominal snowman or related be genes ?

Feb 1, 2020
:LOL::)

She ate shame? Why did he not eat her rather than dust?
How old is this serpent? How many miles of skin has it shed? Reptiles continue to grow. What does he eat.?How can he hide? Do you have a photo ID, birth certificate? or dna ?

What kind of sword that is held in the mouth that did slay the dragoon? Where can he be found .Is he the abdominal snowman or related be genes ?
She and Adam both ate to their shame, when they ate from the fruit their eyes were opened and they saw that they were naked. They were ashamed and hid themselves from the voice of Lord God.

Oh I almost forgot, as for you questions about Satan, well obviously he's a beast of the field like it says, so he's as old as the day he was created sitting up there with his fake immortality he thinks he stole from man when he deceived them and upended the order of God, Man, and Woman. But in reality he will die indeed eventually and be thrown among the first into the Lake of Fire forever. Probably why he'll be full of his wrath when he is shut out of heaven and thrown down to earth for the end.

Ah you want to know about the sword in Jesus' mouth? I'll gladly show you, one of my favorite passages.

Revelation 19:11-16

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.

massorite

Jan 3, 2015
Well of course they cannot talk . A horse is a horse of course. no Mr Edd's of Francis the talking mule.

Not any more that did Balaam's Ass when God put his words on her lips and that prophecy stopped the madness of the false prophet Balaam

.It was the spirit of error that revealed its lying apposing thoughts coming from the creatures (serpent mouth) that were moved by the spirit of lies, Satan

I am reminded of Moses who had the same kind of idea (God has no power to speak through his prophets) that bring the words of his mouth . If God made the mouth and the ear surely he can move them according to the good purpose of his eternal will

Exodus4:11 And the Lord said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the Lord?

God is not serve by human lips or hands a a will .

Jerimiah also tried to get out of being a spokesman, (prophet apostle) saying you got the wrong guy.

Jerimiah1: 6-9 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord. Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.

Samuel thought the words were coming from Eli's mouth until the third time. Three indicating the end of a matter.
Look the bottom line is that satan has always been satan and he has always been called a serpent , Eve didn't have sex with a snake and even if she did there is no way a snake could have produce a human inside of Eve and an animal has never been created with the intelligence to skillfully manipulate a human. Just because Christ called satan the serpent who seduced/beguiled Eve doesn't mean that the serpent was an animal.
2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
According to the Strong's definition of the word "serpent" in 2 Cor. 11:3 the word "serpent" is talking about figuratively speaking a type of sly cunning, an artful malicious person, especially satan. Strong's number G3789. So you can call the serpent of Genesis an animal all you want but the research say it was satan and he wasn't an animal.

Mar 28, 2016
Look the bottom line is that satan has always been satan and he has always been called a serpent , Eve didn't have sex with a snake and even if she did there is no way a snake could have produce a human inside of Eve and an animal has never been created with the intelligence to skillfully manipulate a human. Just because Christ called satan the serpent who seduced/beguiled Eve doesn't mean that the serpent was an animal.
2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
According to the Strong's definition of the word "serpent" in 2 Cor. 11:3 the word "serpent" is talking about figuratively speaking a type of sly cunning, an artful malicious person, especially satan. Strong's number G3789. So you can call the serpent of Genesis an animal all you want but the research say it was satan and he wasn't an animal.
Lucifer Satan is not a creation made with the rudiments of this world. He is a lying spirit has always been a lying spirit without a literal body .

the literal what the eyes see. was used to draw men away from God not seen .The unseen glory of God departed

The key.. . . We do not wrestles against the things seen rudiments of this corrupted world, flesh and blood .He is the god behind that looking to be identified by the things seen (no faith needed) The wiles of the devil. he said.. I will be like God who also has no form as the source of a unseen power.

God chose to use a serpent his most beautiful creature even before the fall when it could walk . He saw pride in the heart of that messenger or angel of lies .He uses the word serpent or dragon to represent the poisonous lies, as the false gospel through out the Bible .

Whey the spirit of error worked in the fathers that were under his lies .He would call them a brood of vipers . the poison of aps, the false gospel .

Study how the word serpent is used looking at all the references that pertain to it . It would appear the father of lies Satan is still brining his sign as false wonders and God is still sending thus who believe the lie a strong delusion enabling to continue to be deceived.

The believer will not be affected by the poison lies of the father of lies

Mark 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

massorite

Jan 3, 2015
Lucifer Satan is not a creation made with the rudiments of this world. He is a lying spirit has always been a lying spirit without a literal body .

the literal what the eyes see. was used to draw men away from God not seen .The unseen glory of God departed

The key.. . . We do not wrestles against the things seen rudiments of this corrupted world, flesh and blood .He is the god behind that looking to be identified by the things seen (no faith needed) The wiles of the devil. he said.. I will be like God who also has no form as the source of a unseen power.

God chose to use a serpent his most beautiful creature even before the fall when it could walk . He saw pride in the heart of that messenger or angel of lies .He uses the word serpent or dragon to represent the poisonous lies, as the false gospel through out the Bible .

Whey the spirit of error worked in the fathers that were under his lies .He would call them a brood of vipers . the poison of aps, the false gospel .

Study how the word serpent is used looking at all the references that pertain to it . It would appear the father of lies Satan is still brining his sign as false wonders and God is still sending thus who believe the lie a strong delusion enabling to continue to be deceived.

The believer will not be affected by the poison lies of the father of lies

Mark 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
I don't have a problem with anything you have posted here. But angels do appear to men in the form of another man.
Heb 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
Dan 3:24 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.

Dan 3:25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.
Gen 18:1 And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
Gen 18:2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,
Gen 18:3 And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:

And of course let us not forget about the fallen angels of Genesis 6. They were men who had flesh and blood and could be killed. There is no question in my mind that satan appeared to Eve as a man. As you said, the word "serpent" is a title that represents the wickedness of satan. Not because he was an animal.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Why am I drudging up this thread? Dunno, just to ask this one question...
Come Judgment time, will these (half men/half angels) be judged as men or as angels?

S

Scribe

Come Judgment time, will these (half men/half angels) be judged as men or as angels?
Jesus commented on this verse and Jesus interpreted it as men.
37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

When Jesus said this, what do you think the disciples thought Jesus was talking about in the scriptures? Would they be thinking "where in Genesis is Jesus talking about people marrying in the days of Noah right before the flood?" And then they would remember, or if they were to look at a scroll, or if we look in Genesis we find it in Gen 6:2-3

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years

There is no other scripture that references men marrying (took them wives) right before the flood besides this one. Therefore I propose that this is the scripture that Jesus is referring to. If it is then Jesus interpreted this as what MEN were doing. Nothing to do with angels. The sons of god were interpreted as the sons of Seth by the majority of the Jewish rabbis at the time Jesus was teaching and Jesus by this statement is supporting the popular view that it was men that were taking wives, not angels. This is what men are going to be doing before the coming of the Son of man also.

When we have Jesus commentary or interpretation of a verse in question then it is no longer in question.

There are only two options on what Jesus was talking about. 1) he was not referring to anything written in Genesis or 2) he was referring to something in the scriptures as to what men were doing in the days of Noah. Logic suggests, even commands that if he mentions the days of Noah it must be something in the scriptures that he is referring to. If he is referring to something in the scriptures then we ought to be able to identify it by finding a verse that talks about them marrying right before the flood. And Gen 6:2-3 is the reference.

The more I consider this the more I realize it is irrefutable evidence that Jesus interpreted the sons of god as men.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

When Jesus said this, what do you think the disciples thought Jesus was talking about in the scriptures? Would they be thinking "where in Genesis is Jesus talking about people marrying in the days of Noah right before the flood?" And then they would remember, or if they were to look at a scroll, or if we look in Genesis we find it in Gen 6:2-3

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years

There is no other scripture that references men marrying (took them wives) right before the flood besides this one. Therefore I propose that this is the scripture that Jesus is referring to. If it is then Jesus interpreted this as what MEN were doing. Nothing to do with angels. The sons of god were interpreted as the sons of Seth by the majority of the Jewish rabbis at the time Jesus was teaching and Jesus by this statement is supporting the popular view that it was men that were taking wives, not angels. This is what men are going to be doing before the coming of the Son of man also.

When we have Jesus commentary or interpretation of a verse in question then it is no longer in question.

There are only two options on what Jesus was talking about. 1) he was not referring to anything written in Genesis or 2) he was referring to something in the scriptures as to what men were doing in the days of Noah. Logic suggests, even commands that if he mentions the days of Noah it must be something in the scriptures that he is referring to. If he is referring to something in the scriptures then we ought to be able to identify it by finding a verse that talks about them marrying right before the flood. And Gen 6:2-3 is the reference.

The more I consider this the more I realize it is irrefutable evidence that Jesus interpreted the sons of god as men.
I personally believe they are men also, but my question was a rather rhetorical one directed at those who believe that some angels cohabitated with women, hence the question..."Come Judgment time, will these offspring (half men/half angels) be judged as men or as angels?"

WithinReason

Feb 21, 2020
I know this topic has been ruminated over and over but a thought hit me the other day and I have not heard it discussed.
If it actually was angels that procreated with the daughters of men ...
The theology is an erroneous position, based upon misunderstanding the words themselves, and of the nature of angels and mankind. There never were any "angels that procreated with the daughters of men", and never will be. The theological position is a scriptural impossibility.

Would you like to understand why? If yes, let me know. If no, continue as you were.

Nov 26, 2012

There is no logic, just conjecture in what you’ve stated. Because He includes eating and drinking and weddings does not point to Genesis 6 at all. First sons of elohim does not have to mean angels (but I think it does). Second, men’s daughters weren’t given in marriage. They were taken, not received. Here’s the point; why make a reference to the giants, sons of extra terrestrials (that’s what elohim means; heavenly resident...or a judge) and elude to extraordinary offspring if they were just men? Your reference just means they were totally unaware of impending doom. Marrying and giving in marriage are plans for a future.

Nov 26, 2012
They have been judged as abominations. What do you think an unclean spirit is?

Mar 28, 2016
I don't have a problem with anything you have posted here. But angels do appear to men in the form of another man.
Heb 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
Dan 3:24 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.

Dan 3:25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.
Gen 18:1 And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
Gen 18:2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,
Gen 18:3 And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:

And of course let us not forget about the fallen angels of Genesis 6. They were men who had flesh and blood and could be killed. There is no question in my mind that satan appeared to Eve as a man. As you said, the word "serpent" is a title that represents the wickedness of satan. Not because he was an animal.
Not a title a description of what the eyes see (the temporal). The spirit of error has no mother or father. The spirit of error is not a man .He used flesh and blood the things seen to draw men away from the works of Christ faith that works in us to both will and perform his good pleasure..

The messengers in Hebrew are believers as sons of God. Lying spirits have no form. Its why Satan the spirit of error put his words on the mouth of a flesh and blood creature. The most beautiful, wonderful before the fall and God removed his ability to walk .

The same with Genesis 6 . Men of renown like David were procreating with non believer daughter of men jeopardizing the spiritual seed, Christ.

King Saul lost the the responsibly of a represent Christ not seen .He went after the daughters of men as did Samson

In Mathew 16 . The unseen Lord gave words to the Son of man Jesus the prophet apostles words to rebuke the father of lies. who has no form, The same spirit of error (antichrist) that worked in Peter one of the many there at that time period used as antichrists (many) false teacher. Satan forbidding the lord from carrying out the gospel work

In a parable in the old testament .God put his words on the lips of a Ass . It as a work of His faith worked to stop the madness of that false prophet, false apostle .

Spirits of error. We do not wrestles against corrupted flesh and blood and neither does it have the authority to rebuke the father of lies.

To much Hollywood drama influence. We walk by faith the unseen eternal

Mar 28, 2016
There is no logic, just conjecture in what you’ve stated. Because He includes eating and drinking and weddings does not point to Genesis 6 at all. First sons of elohim does not have to mean angels (but I think it does). Second, men’s daughters weren’t given in marriage. They were taken, not received. Here’s the point; why make a reference to the giants, sons of extra terrestrials (that’s what elohim means; heavenly resident...or a judge) and elude to extraordinary offspring if they were just men? Your reference just means they were totally unaware of impending doom. Marrying and giving in marriage are plans for a future.
The giving in marriage is a sign of times just like wars and rumor's . Like many signs the father of lies turns them into lying wonders , mystical magical.

Wondering is not believing.(exercising faith) that work of Christ comes from within .(Not of us) Its wondering not believing .

Jesus warns us of those who seek after lying wonders . He send them a strong delusion so that they can continue to wonder (no faith) Men continuing speaking evil. Again no faith of Christ working within to both will and do the good pleasure

Believers as sons of God are revealed in 1 john3 we are not what we will be .They are the ones that bring the messages (gospel) of God. . . called angels same word messenger. Jesus was a messenger of God. A a prophet apostle (sent one) bringing words from the father

It would seem to emphases a doctrine the phases are given twice sons of God. (two witnesses the double blessing. )

Not sons of mankind natural unconverted . They are called the evil generation sign wonderment seekers, faithless.

1 John 3:1Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
The theology is an erroneous position, based upon misunderstanding the words themselves, and of the nature of angels and mankind. There never were any "angels that procreated with the daughters of men", and never will be. The theological position is a scriptural impossibility.

Would you like to understand why? If yes, let me know. If no, continue as you were.
Read very carefully post #211.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
They have been judged as abominations. What do you think an unclean spirit is?
Where in Scripture does it say that and can you link the judged angels with the Nephi I'm in Gen 6?
Come Judgment time, will these offspring (half men/half angels) be judged as men or as angels?"