Genesis 6:1-2 Revisited. Unredeemable

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 23, 2020
What’s funny is that there is a body type with accompanying facial features in some people today. I know a few dudes and one lady in particular that look as though they were artistic interpretations of Neanderthals. The lady even with pertruding brow, short neck, and stocky build is quite attractive. She may never be a model but far from what I would call homely.
One day I saw a Woman on a commuter train who looked just like a nieanderthal Woman. Everything about her was the image of those drawings. I would have taken her Picture but I was only a yard away and I did not think it right to do so. I have heard others say that if the bones of such skeletal findings were given skin and clothes and walked around New York City, they would look like a lot of other people.

Mar 28, 2016
Another avenue to look at the picture is how the word renown is used throughout the scriptures. It is never accredited to giants in respect to unbelievers , always in respect to the sons of God us. Teaching them not to be unevenly yoked with un believers daughters of men

It renown is used 11 times throughout the bible. Again never to honor natural unconverted mankind.

David a man of renown a giant of faith slew the big guy with one little stone .David fired one warning shot right between the eyes.

TJWest

Jun 22, 2020
My take on this is pretty simple and requires no special insight...

The living God is perfect and His justice is perfect
Therefore God would never unjustly punish an innocent
So whoever or whatever He punishes was deserving of it
By this I mean providing or denying salvation
I let Him decide as I am in no way equipped to even speculate

My only concern is to obey the teachings of my Lord and savior Jesus Christ
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind
Love your neighbor as you love yourself

The Gospel is pretty simple
Following it, however is not

I wish all my brothers and sisters in Christ a happy 4th of July weekend and remember please keep praying for God to limit the time Covid-19 afflicts us. May God bless you all.

Feb 28, 2016
simply said:
it is ALL a great-big, 'we don't know'...
and ask yourself, 'is it of any consequence to your 'own-walk'???

WithinReason

Feb 21, 2020
David a man of renown a giant of faith slew the big guy with one little stone .David fired one warning shot right between the eyes.
Well Goliath was not impressed of wisdom from God, and brought a 'knife' to a 'gun' fight.

birdie

Sep 16, 2014
Angels are messengers yes. But Can you show me a place where these "messengers" are naturally born human beings? And not spiritual beings who have taken human form so they can bring their message?
"And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God. "

Nov 26, 2012
Angels are messengers yes. But Can you show me a place where these "messengers" are naturally born human beings? And not spiritual beings who have taken human form so they can bring their message?
Can you show me a place where they are ethereal then become man. Do you know why bee keepers wear white? Bees can’t see white. It makes us invisible to them.....so I’ve heard. Our eyes have limitations. I think Biblical accounts like when a hand appears and writes on the wall interesting. Many accounts where smoke appears and voices are heard. I have no idea whether it’s trans dimensional or interplanetary. It’s clear that whatever it is, it’s potentially physical or potentially metaphysical. It’s hard to determine which is the natural state. All I can tell you is that if scripture says we were made in the image and likeness of elohim (gods) then we better at least consider it a possibility.

Mar 28, 2016
Well Goliath was not impressed of wisdom from God, and brought a 'knife' to a 'gun' fight.
Yes David the renown of God brought a GPS guided pebble.

So then are you saying the renown used in Genesis 6 does not apply to that kind of renown (pagan ) but rather the subject is teaching not to be not unevenly yoked with natural unconverted mankind (daughters of men)?

Can't be both. Renown of God or of the devil?

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
I know this topic has been ruminated over and over but a thought hit me the other day and I have not heard it discussed.
If it actually was angels that procreated with the daughters of men then the offspring (Nephilim?) would be unredeemable since they were half men/half angel.
Jesus didn't die for the angels. How could they be judged as men?
Comments?
I think that before the fallen angels took on the curse of God they had time as angels, and naturally as angels they can turn into normal looking men. I assume that angels are taller than men and smarter and more powerful. They are taller because it takes just two to take a soul in heaven, how many people hold a coffin at a funeral. 4 to 6 perhaps even 8 dependent on size of the person. They are smarter and more powerful because they know God and everything around God automatically receives glory and splendour in its own right. It wouldnt make sense for angels to be lower than men naturally. The bible even says that angels are higher than men. It took just two to wipe out Sodom and Gomorrah.

Mar 28, 2016
I think that before the fallen angels took on the curse of God they had time as angels, and naturally as angels they can turn into normal looking men. I assume that angels are taller than men and smarter and more powerful. They are taller because it takes just two to take a soul in heaven, how many people hold a coffin at a funeral. 4 to 6 perhaps even 8 dependent on size of the person. They are smarter and more powerful because they know God and everything around God automatically receives glory and splendour in its own right. It wouldnt make sense for angels to be lower than men naturally. The bible even says that angels are higher than men. It took just two to wipe out Sodom and Gomorrah.

Angels or apostles are messenger sent by God as prophets. They declare the word of God's prophecy or tongue .

The opposing spirit comes along with to try and snatch the seed of God's understanding. Like with Job. We continue to plant and water it with the doctrines of God. But He must cause the growth if any.

As believers we do not wrestle against flesh and blood but do against unseen lying spirits as Christ works with us. .

Why would the father of lies "Legion" destroy what he needs to build on. . he has no form or DNA substance, ?

The renown in that section are sons of God, mighty men of faith moved by the Spirit of God. Like David moved to slay the renown of the father of lies.