Genesis, sons of God, nephilim, and Giants

• Thread starter Locoponydirtman
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Sorry. The term specific term "pneumasin" is never used of men.
Same word, slightly differing form:

https://biblehub.com/text/hebrews/12-23.htm - Hebrews 12:23 -

pneumasi - G4151 (also plural) "TO [the] spirits [of the righteous, having been perfected]"

[the differing form accounting for the "TO"... else...]

[quoting] "The Hebrew counterpart (rûach) has the same range of meaning as 4151 (pneúma), i.e. it likewise can refer to spirit/Spirit, wind, or breath.]" [source: Bible Hub]

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
A stonge candidate theory for the NT Days of Noah:

-ET's today are actually fallen angels
-technology will be offered that will alter mans DNA
-this is irreversible, creating inhuman hybrids
-this is the biblical "Mark of the Beast" that people accept willingly
-this is Satan's counterfeit to God's legitimate resurrection of the Saints to new glorious bodies immortal and fit for Heaven

We are almost there IMO. Stay tuned. The genome is being tampered with as anyone can see, with no end in sight. This includes plants, animals, bacteria etc.

Hollywood is obsessed with movies about "superior humans" aka X-Men, Supermen, as well as aliens, and occultist activities. We are reaching a saturation in the media.

This is really happening people, and IMO this is demonic infiltration, demonic influence.

Know thy enemy.

Dec 12, 2013
No. The result was children.

Those children had yet to be raised and grow up. Then they became mighty men and men of renown. The text doesn't say that their parents' sex union was the cause of them becoming "mighty men which were of old, men of renown".

The giants already existed.
I suggest you study and be honest with 2 things....the word "AND" <---tell us all what this word means and or does!

There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Then be honest with the word BECAME and what it actually means.....after you show me actualy word BECAME IN THE HEBREW TEXT.....we will all wait!!

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
J

jaybird88

The nephilim appear again in numbers 13. when the spies gave the report almost the entire nation wanted to flee back to Egypt. They would rather be a slave than fight these people.These are the same people that witnessed the Almighty destroy the army of Ramsey, part the red sea, and despite these mighty miracles now all of a sudden they are scared to death of the Canaanites, because . . . . they are tall? I have seen men taller than me, they didnt make me go running and screaming out of the building.

Not to mention the bible says 600 THOUSAND Jews left Egypt, of 600 thousand they didnt have any tall Jews in there anywhere. So if you have tall guys with the Jews, and tall guys with the Canaanites, whats the problem, why so scared, they were scared because there was more going on whith these guys than being tall.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
^ I honestly would like to know if and where the word "became" is in the text of Genesis 6:4 (if that's the one you mean), because it is in italics here [Blue Letter Bible] (and also not showing in the second link [Bible Hub], different source--which two sources often DO show differences when there are some):

http://www.blbclassic.org/Bible.cfm?b=Gen&c=6&v=4&t=KJV&sstr=1

https://biblehub.com/text/genesis/6-4.htm
https://biblehub.com/hebrew/haggibborim_1368.htm - all the other times this particular word is used

So... is someone suggesting that "they bare"... "the same mighty men"... "men of renown" the moment they were born? (no coming into such a status, in time?)

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I suggest you study and be honest with 2 things....the word "AND" <---tell us all what this word means and or does!

There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Then be honest with the word BECAME and what it actually means.....after you show me actualy word BECAME IN THE HEBREW TEXT.....we will all wait!!
What is your take on this topic? I recall you are not a sons of Seth proponent. Nor am I.....not even a little bit.

Dec 12, 2013
What is your take on this topic? I recall you are not a sons of Seth proponent. Nor am I.....not even a little bit.
There is nothing that supports the sons of Seth having sex with lost women and producing Giants....there are numerous anomolies in the text and or allusions that point to something different than that.....and regardless of ALL who deny it, the allusion is SEXUAL in Jude with the Key being the words STRANGE FLESH.......also, the word applied to NOAH does or can carry the idea of being genetically PURE with another key phrase being denied...ALL FLESH CORRUPTING IT'S WAY UPON THE EARTH.......

My view....there is a heavenly body and a fallen earthly body and the men of SODOM did not want to rape spirits....

Another thing that blows my mind is the total INCONSISTENCY of believers....

We know and BELIEVE that the SEED OF THE WOMAN in GENESIS 3:15 IS REPRESENTING JESUS and then many turn around and deny the fact that it ALSO REFERENCES THE SEED OF THE SERPENT.......

The deniers say ONE IS LITERAL and the OTHER CANNOT POSSIBLY BE LITERAL......

We believe a book that states a dead man rose from the dead, walked on water, raised the dead, held the sun in position for almost a day, made the sun go back on the dial 10 degrees, had a giant fish swallow a man etc. and then turn around and deny the possibility that the ARCH ENEMY OF GOD which has POWER and was the SUM OF ALL WISDOM has no ability in his multifaceted attack on the truth to GENETICALLY ALTER the human Genome which MEN ARE DOING TODAY, TO BRING INTO EXISTENCE races of GIANTS THAT APPPEAR TO BE AS EVIL ad they come....

The swallowing camels and choking on gnats syndrome if you ask me!!!

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
There is nothing that supports the sons of Seth having sex with lost women and producing Giants....there are numerous anomolies in the text and or allusions that point to something different than that.....and regardless of ALL who deny it, the allusion is SEXUAL in Jude with the Key being the words STRANGE FLESH.......also, the word applied to NOAH does or can carry the idea of being genetically PURE with another key phrase being denied...ALL FLESH CORRUPTING IT'S WAY UPON THE EARTH.......

My view....there is a heavenly body and a fallen earthly body and the men of SODOM did not want to rape spirits....

We know and BELIEVE that the SEED OF THE WOMAN in GENESIS 3:15 IS REPRESENTING JESUS and then many turn around and deny the fact that it ALSO REFERENCES THE SEED OF THE SERPENT.......

We believe a book that states a dead man rose from the dead, walked on water, raised the dead, held the sun in position for almost a day, made the sun go back on the dial 10 degrees, had a giant fish swallow a man etc. and then turn around and deny the possibility that the ARCH ENEMY OF GOD which has POWER and was the SUM OF ALL WISDOM has no ability in his multifaceted attack on the truth to GENETICALLY ALTER the human Genome which MEN ARE DOING TODAY, TO BRING INTO EXISTENCE races of GIANTS THAT APPPEAR TO BE AS EVIL ad they come....

Thank you. IMO the alternative opinions are evasive, disingenuous or a denial of the facts. Pretty scary stuff.

CS1

May 23, 2012

you do not know what you are talking about in gen 3

J

jaybird88

if the sons of the Most High are humans, why is it that nobody got it until 400 years after Jesus?

Mar 28, 2016
Did the sons of God run out of daughters of God to marry.
I dont quite understand.

Why did Jesus say he was the son of Man, even when others knew him to be the son of God?
The Son of God speaks to the deity of Christ the unseen eternal Holy Spirit that dwelled in the Son of man Jesus the temporal flesh . Jesus as the Son of man refused to recognized as the Son of God, not seen When called good master he gave glory to God not seen. He in effect refused to stand in the Holy place as the unseen God as a abomination of desecration spoken of in Daniel.

Good throughout the Bible describes him not seen as his seal of approval

Matthew 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
if the sons of the Most High are humans, why is it that nobody got it until 400 years after Jesus?
Wonder why the planets are named after the so-called mythological figures and in Jude 1:1 it calls them 'wandering stars in outer darkness'? Who are 'the mighty men of renown'... maybe the 'Titans'? Just always thought there was a connection there.

Mar 28, 2016
The principle of faith was there from the beginning. They accused Christ by saying only God can forgive sin he did not deny it

God is Spirit we are create in His imgae as sons of God.

John 10:34-36 King James Version (KJV)Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Mar 28, 2016
Wonder why the planets are named after the so-called mythological figures and in Jude 1:1 it calls them 'wandering stars in outer darkness'? Who are 'the mighty men of renown'... maybe the 'Titans'? Just always thought there was a connection there.
The mighty men of renown are men that God used mightily.

Hebrew 11 list some of them.

J

jaybird88

according to the non angel view these men were not very renown at all, they can not name one of them.
the original titans according to the greeks were back 15k bc and we know all their names, to this day,
Oceanus, Crius, Hyperion, Cronus, Thea, Rhea, Phoebe and the rest.