Genesis, sons of God, nephilim, and Giants

• Thread starter Locoponydirtman
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Wonder why the planets are named after the so-called mythological figures and in Jude 1:1 it calls them 'wandering stars in outer darkness'? Who are 'the mighty men of renown'... maybe the 'Titans'? Just always thought there was a connection there.
That is Rob Skiba's opinion.

J

jaybird88

s
skiba lost a lot of credibility after he became a flat earther. but i still think he does a good fallen angel presentation.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
s
skiba lost a lot of credibility after he became a flat earther. but i still think he does a good fallen angel presentation.
Agreed. He is wasting his time with that flat earth nonsense. Apparently he is tending toward a mid or post trib rapture too.

He does have his realm of expertise......some of his views are probably on the mark.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
There are ancient tales 'mythology' of Zeus 'entering women disguised as different beings. Idk if it was Skiba, but some say the planets are named after the angels who rebelled and were bound in outer darkness. Their influence still wreaks havoc in society through those who are under the curse, in other words those w/o the Holy Spirit.

Dec 12, 2013
if the sons of the Most High are humans, why is it that nobody got it until 400 years after Jesus?
Exactly....let's ignore the truth that Adam was a son of God and anyone beyond that were the Sons of men until JESUS, the N.T. and the concept of the Sons of God by faith.....and the truth that it states THE SONS OF GOD AND THE DAUGHTERS OF ADAM........

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
There are ancient tales 'mythology' of Zeus 'entering women disguised as different beings. Idk if it was Skiba, but some say the planets are named after the angels who rebelled and were bound in outer darkness. Their influence still wreaks havoc in society through those who are under the curse, in other words those w/o the Holy Spirit.

yep the Bible,Greek mythology,Egypt ect, just about every ancient account does,,it's the modern day that's scratching their heads in doubt over it.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Can anyone explain the 120 years thing.
Because I notice the people born after Noah, some of them lived a lot longer than 120 years.

I was also thinking the mighty men, would have been the descendants of Cain when it mentions Jabal and Jubal, tUbal Cain, Enoch and their achievements...and later Nimrod. I dont know why Lamech took two wives. Zillah and Adah.
Seths line only gives ages and the names of the firstborn sons. No wives are mentioned by name.

Also question, where was Eden and were was Nod in those days? Why did Lamech kill two people? Did seths and cains line converge with Lamech?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Hmm maybe will start another thread on that..I am not sure both Lamechs are the same person, but hes the only one that had two wives. Maybe he killed someone in order to take their wife, to have two..I dont know. Also there were two enochs, one who is cains son and the other is Jareds.

If anyone can explain this...? Maybe it will shed light on these generations. Its seems a bit peculiar that they share the same names.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Can anyone explain the 120 years thing.
Because I notice the people born after Noah, some of them lived a lot longer than 120 years.

I was also thinking the mighty men, would have been the descendants of Cain when it mentions Jabal and Jubal, tUbal Cain, Enoch and their achievements...and later Nimrod. I dont know why Lamech took two wives. Zillah and Adah.
Seths line only gives ages and the names of the firstborn sons. No wives are mentioned by name.

Also question, where was Eden and were was Nod in those days? Why did Lamech kill two people? Did seths and cains line converge with Lamech?
In 120 yrs judgement would come.

Dec 12, 2013
A side note on Zeus....we know by the words of Jesus that he was real and iit was Satan....he told the church at Pergamos that he knew they dewlt where Satan's throne was located....the throne of Zeus was located in Pergamos.....my view on the ancient gods based upon study....Satan attempting to bring about the worship of himself in man as god (the mystery of iniquity already at work)

Horus is Bel is Marduke is Merodach is Jupiter is Zeus is Allah is Satan......

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
A side note on Zeus....we know by the words of Jesus that he was real and iit was Satan....he told the church at Pergamos that he knew they dewlt where Satan's throne was located....the throne of Zeus was located in Pergamos.....my view on the ancient gods based upon study....Satan attempting to bring about the worship of himself in man as god (the mystery of iniquity already at work)

Horus is Bel is Marduke is Merodach is Jupiter is Zeus is Allah is Satan......
What do you think about the names of the planets, of the ancient gods, are relevant here?

Dec 12, 2013
What do you think about the names of the planets, of the ancient gods, are relevant here?
Not real sure other than men naming them as such based upon size, color etc.......All I know is an intensive study of the ancient gods reveals Satan/demonic influence and them attempting to be and or being worshipped by men as gods........My view is that Satan has been attempting from day one to be worshipped in a man as god and God hindering it because it was not yet time......!!

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Not real sure other than men naming them as such based upon size, color etc.......All I know is an intensive study of the ancient gods reveals Satan/demonic influence and them attempting to be and or being worshipped by men as gods........My view is that Satan has been attempting from day one to be worshipped in a man as god and God hindering it because it was not yme......!!
According to Scripture satan was the bright and morning star and when he fell he took 1/3 of the heavenly host w/him. Also, that's where the so-called astrological belief comes from, these planets et al.

J

jaybird88

The Father speaking to Job:

Job 38 31-33
“Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades
or loose the cords of Orion?
Can you lead forth the Mazzaroth in their season,
or can you guide the Bear with its children?
Do you know the ordinances of the heavens?
Can you establish their rule on the earth?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
In 120 yrs judgement would come.
Ok..although..it does say the flood happened in Noahs 600th year. Noah was 500 when he begat Shem, Ham and Japtheth. I dont know if they were triplets. So what happened to the other 20 years?