V
Verite
Guest
And if that doesn't help you feel any better, please know that your posts have left me panting trying to keep up!
Oh no!That's why I'm trying to get more organized. Should get a flow going soon!
And if that doesn't help you feel any better, please know that your posts have left me panting trying to keep up!
Oh no!That's why I'm trying to get more organized. Should get a flow going soon!
Oh no!That's why I'm trying to get more organized. Should get a flow going soon!
It's been a busy day here, so pardon me for being late!
No worries!! Take your time, appreciate your engagement in reading His Word together! I personally want to post early to give you time to compare notes before its too late in the day. Unless someone else wants to post firstI'll happily continue positing first if you rather I continue to do so, but know if you ever want to, you definitely can
Abram obeyed God and left his country and kindred.
Abram is promised offspring.
Abram and Sarai are protected by God from the Pharoah.
No matter what situation we are in, we do well to obey God and to trust in His promises and know He is with us in all situations.
Amen!
Chapter 14
Melchizedek, meaning King of Righteousness. Though he has a small part, he's an important figure in the Bible. I am one of those who believes he is one of Christās pre-incarnate appearances.
Did not know the meaning of his name. Nice name!
Chapter 16 is a good lesson on being patient with the Lord's timing in all things (speaking of the situation with Hagar).
Glad you mentioned Hagar, I automatically assumed you meant Sarah. Yes, Hagar was very patient, need to learn from her!
Verse 4 grabs my heart. Is there anything too hard for the Lord? No!
Yes, very powerful!
We know Sodom and Gomorrah is going to be destroyed. At the end of this chapter, the Lord promises Abraham that He will not destroy it if 10 righteous are found there. Clearly, the Lord's mercy is great! But, unfortunately, there wasn't even that many righteous people there.
I thought the same thing too. I was like wow, there wasn't at least 10 people?
Chapter 20
Sarah was just described a short while ago as being well stricken with age. Now, she is taken again by a king. I want to know what supplements and skin care she was using
I literally laughed out loudThat comment is so valid because that did cross my mind. I was like kings are still coming after her
It must be the good ozone layer, organic food, constant walking, and sunny Vitamin D
![]()
You are doing smashingly! I can't say I'll ever be organized, but glad someone here is trying to be
Thank you! I'm working on it![]()
No worries!! Take your time, appreciate your engagement in reading His Word together! I personally want to post early to give you time to compare notes before its too late in the day. Unless someone else wants to post firstI'll happily continue positing first if you rather I continue to do so, but know if you ever want to, you definitely can
![]()
I literally laughed out loudThat comment is so valid because that did cross my mind. I was like kings are still coming after her
It must be the good ozone layer, organic food, constant walking, and sunny Vitamin D
![]()
Likewise! Even though I've read the Bible through several times, it's good to do so in a studious and engaging manner!
This week is a wonky week for me. For example, tomorrow technicians are supposed to be coming to replace all my internet equipment. And I'll be gone the better part of Thursday. So, if I'm way late those days, that's why. Not sure if I'll be early, but hey it could happen lol
Thanks for the heads up!
Your laughter made me laugh again lol. You make good points with the good ozone layer and better organic foods. I mean, I'm not well stricken with age and no kings are kidnapping me(probably something I should be thankful for though lol)
![]()
[/QUOTE]I understand your sentiment. Awesome for you that you are well conditioned in His Word!
I thought I'd be earlier than I usually am today (I haven't even had coffee yet!) in case I lose internet for a while when the technicians are here. I hope by 5pm I have better internet! That's what they told me, anyway.
Nice work on the early post! I was delayed yet again this time by an unexpected event that happened yesterday. I posted because I had planned to post. You don't have to reply them, I know it's a lot!Next time I promise if someone starts the posting of 10 Chapters before me, I will only use their post
Chapter 21
There are many similarities between the story of Isaac and Christ. Both were the only son, both were miraculous births, both carried their own wood to their sacrifice, the both had a 3 day experience, etc. etc. A symbol of things to come.
Yes! I noticed similarities. What is the 3-day experience for Isaac?
I always find it interesting when I read that God promised Abraham that He will multiply his seed as the stars of heaven.
"By measuring the number and luminosity of observable galaxies, astronomers put current estimates of the total stellar population at roughly 70 billion trillion (7 x 1022)." source Sky&Telescope It was also mentioned that as telescopes become more sensitive/advances, more stars will be visible. What an incredible number!
That's an interesting fact, thanks! I also noticed to carry out to have that many seed, they (Abraham, Isaac, Jacob), have to sleep with more than one wife.
Chapter 24
Abraham was adamant that Isaac not be married to one of the Canaanite daughters.
This stood out to me too since he was very serious about it
You'll love this, Verite, the Canaanites worshiped a mother god lol
Asherah, her primary role was mother goddess. I can see you acting like Abraham in this chapter if you were in that situation lol.
I'm serious about Jesus Christ, I can't help it!
Chapter 25
Esau was born very hairy. That always sticks out to me (please, don't ask lol). God had told Rebecca that Esau would serve Jacob. Later, Esau would become the Edomites.
This stood out to me too. Especially at birth. I don't recall seeing a hairy infant.
Esau sells his birthright for a bowl of lentils. I feel sorry for him. I love lentils, but not that much.
I agree! If you see my notes. I asked did he sell his birthright for food? I knew he would get food since that started the discussion, but thought he was getting something else since "selling" his birthright was involved.
Chapter 26
Okay, so Esau goes and marries some Hittite women. This really disappointed his parents. Verite, are you ready for this? The Hittites worshiped a mother goddess!
Her name Hannahanna.
I was wondering if they had warned him before, since they were disappointed. When we read later, it didn't seem like they did because Esau finds a new wife that is not a Canaanite. He learned Isaac didn't approve of Canaanite wives when Esau overheard Isaac speaking with Jacob.
You are really giving me the heads up of what's to come and where the "god the mother" people came from! Now there will be less of a shock value and I can read it with calm
Chapter 27
Personally speaking, I was an only child and after reading these Jacob and Esau stories, I'm glad I was an only child lol.
There are pros to having siblings, especially when there are many. When there are just two, if the relationships are strained, it does present many challenges as we saw with Jacob and Esau.
Chapter 28
Jacob's Ladder
I like to think it means this: "After the fall the connection between heaven and earth was broken. God plans to restore this connection and dwell with his people. Jacobās vision of the ladder is a visual representation of Godās ongoing intent to bridge the gap between heaven and earth and restore his presence among humanity. Jacob's ladder points forward to the New Testament, where it finds its ultimate fulfillment in the Jesus Christ."
I remember the ladder in Jacob's dream being interesting. I didn't have any context because of where I am in the Bible now. Looking forward to learning more!
Chapter 29
Laban is a real bleep now as well as later, pardon my language.
Wait, what was wrong with Laban? I totally missed thatIs it because he gave Leah instead of Rachel? I really felt for Jacob. Then Leban explains the culture, so I thought it was a cultural norm and maybe not something that was meant maliciously.
I feel sympathetic to Leah. It seems God did also. Leah bore Judah. Christ comes through the lineage of Judah. Also, another interesting thing is that in death Jacob is buried with Leah. Rachel is not buried with him.
I'm getting too many spoilers
Chapter 30
The rods and flocks.
"God allowed Jacob to prosper, even though Laban was trying to cheat and defraud him. Laban started to see that God was blessing Jacobās flocks and so he changed the terms of the bargain indiscriminately and repeatedly. We need to keep in mind that Jacob wasnāt cheating Laban, God was counteracting Labanās cheating on him."
Interesting, I need to study those verses more