Georgia man murdered while jogging. Judge declines to press charges

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I recall one of my former work colleagues was out in his neighbourhood, walking or jogging I am not sure, but he saw someone dump rubbish all over the verge so he tried to stop them from doing so. I am not sure if he tried to attack him or just physically stop him. so what happened was the rubbish dumper guy got angry then drove his car into him so badly that he was hanging on to the bonnet and he fell off and got concussed. He was taken to the hospital and a week later he died from internal injuries.

we were all shocked when we heard this at the library...I dont know what happened to the guy that killed him. I went to his funeral.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
his parents said they had to identify his body...they had to fly all the way from england to do so.
it was sad and horrific. I found out he was adopted at the funeral.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
when people die in tragic circumstances they cant always blame the victim especially as it might be that some people had a hand in someone elses death they might still be alive.

for example drug dealers often get away with all the lives that perish from all the drugs people get off them. They can just say well they asked for the drugs. but if someone tries to stop them and gets killed by druglords that person is said to take their own life into their hands.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Not going to look up what you wrote but it was something like "thats what they teach you in self defense"

Uh no
Get away is supposed to be your first thought.
Not get away, run as fast as you can away!

He had a ton of options in avoiding the white truck and armed citizens.

He chose suicide as you stated, beating a mans face, while trying to take his weapon?

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016

A Ton???

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I think its a matter of dont go chasing waterfalls....

this situation also comes to mind...Princess dianas car crash that killed her, the driver and her boyfriend.
People at the time tried to blame paparazzi.

But the police couldnt press charges to them unless they failed to help at the scene. The driver was driving too fast. I am not too sure that he was drunk as the official line said....especially when they had a bodyguard with them who was supoosedly protecting his charges and you would at least not let someone drunk drive a car and wear a seatbelt. You would think.

apparently the white fiat uno that was there in the way by the bridge had got in the way as was driving too slow. The mercedes carrying the princess was driving at such speed that when it tried to brake it lost control and hit the pillar.

if I was a celeb and paps were taking pictures I would not be speeding away from them in the middle of the night if they wanted to take a pic of me in the car well thats their problem if they want. a boring pic of me in a car. you would just not go out in public in a highly visible place its not like you can smash someones camera and take it off them, no matter how intrusive they may be.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I found it telling that a lot of people here think it's acceptable to unlawfully detained someone with a shotgun

S

Susanna

Not get away, run as fast as you can away!

He chose suicide as you stated, beating a mans face, while trying to take his weapon?
When a pick up truck with two men carrying guns approaches you, what would you do? Especially when one of them steps out and the other one remains in the truck? Do you know what that means?

That means that you have literally no chance to avoid them. Your only, tiny little chance is to attack the man on the ground so he can’t fire his gun, and that the man in the truck can’t discharge his gun because he’s afraid of shooting his buddy. Oftentimes that will fail too.

If you are two people carrying guns approaching someone, it will scare the s*** out of most people.

You just don’t do a thing like that. It’s wrong on every thinkable level. Let the police handle things like that.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
You should never point a gun at anyone unless you fully intend to pull the trigger
He probably thought they were going to kill him and that's why he fought back

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
the guy who injured my workmate who died - the one that literally ran him over, fled the scene. He did not care or think that he hurt someone.
whether it was murder or manslaughter is the difference I suppose. Murder is like when you fully intend to kill someone, even on spur of the moment. Manslaughter is when you accidnetally kills someone...the sentence is different.
the one who caused bodily harm even if not charged...has to live with the consequences for the rest of their lives. some people can do this because their consciences are hardened. so they go out and keep doing the same thing killing other people. THAT is why those people have to be locked up.

the victims that die cannot have their life back.

if they are injured they will carry those scars for the rest of their lives.
should someone who hurts or kills someone else get away with it and keep carrying their weapons? or continue to be allowed to drive? should a drunk driver be allowed on the road???

YOU tell tell that to the parents of the victims.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Let's just be brutally honest here.
the southern states, otherwise known as the Bible belt do not have the best track record when it comes to how they treat people of color
so you have an African American man who has committed no crime and is out jogging minding his own business and is suddenly confronted by two rednecks with guns, he probably already assumed they were going to kill him and that's why he fought back

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
some people have no clue and have no self control. they think everything can be solved by carrying weapons and shooting people, or hurting each other. folks that is not the way of Christ.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Let's just be brutally honest here.
the southern states, otherwise known as the Bible belt do not have the best track record when it comes to how they treat people of color
so you have an African American man who has committed no crime and is out jogging minding his own business and is suddenly confronted by two rednecks with guns, he probably already assumed they were going to kill him and that's why he fought back
yea its not like he could wave at them and say hey nice day today. I have heard how dire race relations still are in the south.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
i would not want to go jogging anywhere in georgia or set foot in supposed redneck country. if the jogger was trespassing someones property, you might have a case but this was a PUBLIC road. It is no wonder that when freed from slavery, many african americans did not want to stay south, they migrated north.

why because if they stayed they would have been lynched and many were.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
yea its not like he could wave at them and say hey nice day today. I have heard how dire race relations still are in the south.
when I was in high school a young man who was African-American died of a heart attack on the football field

There was this one guy who said... Oh well it's just another dead( N word)
Fast forward 20 something years and this same man is a judge now
So yeah systemic racism in the legal system is definitely a problem
and this is why the Georgia DEA office is under investigation for possible obstruction

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
my Bibles in schools children learn all about racism through the story of Rosa Parks. I learned too how horrible it was. in the south you couldnt even go on a bus if you were black, you had to sit at the back or you had to stand up. white folks were treated better all the time. they had segeragated everything.

we were absolutely shocked and appalled at this treatment of people.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I think some people here are in denial and living in their bubbles when they say oh racism doesnt exist. it sure does. and its entrenched. The people that make the rules make it so they favour themselves first. and they also make it that 'minority' voices are silenced. they will also trot out stats saying how much percentage of a population is this or that and always place themselves at the top of the list, and not even be aware of how 'others' feel.

Apr 29, 2012
There is a slow drip of new information, new evidence still coming out. There will probably be more to come. There's one piece that came out recently on my local news (Jacksonville Fl about 50 miles from where the killing took place) . The man that shot the video quoted the younger shooter to Georgia Bureau of Investigation as say "effn n*****" just after shooting Arbery.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/travi...ay-dying-on-the-ground-witness-told-detective

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You act like the ONLY CHOICE when confronted with a shotgun is to violently pull on the barrel.
Last days deception.

Falling for the propaganda and race baiting.
Maybe he was not trying to "pull on the barrel" so much as he was attempting to make the barrel point away from him.