Getting Back Into The Game... OR Just Getting In

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

Nicsk101

Ok everyone... this is my first thread (yay me!) lol...

I have dated before and broke up (if that wasn't obvious), But its been two years since I have last dated (for the most part willingly). And for some reason many people have frequently asked me the question, "Have you dated anyone lately?" or "Are you still with that one guy?" even though they havent seen him around for a long while.

I feel like a newbie trying to get back into the dating scene... So if anyone has experienced this or just has an opinion.. what do you do... Just jump right in? Continue to wait on someone to find you? Speak your mind people... Share people share! :)

N

Nicsk101

Does anyone have anything to say?.... Even if you think this thread sucks just write it or something...

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Hi Nicsk--good job on posting your first thread :).

Were you single and not dating for those two years? I mean, what kept you busy and apparently distracted from dating? And what is making you want to go back to the dating scene now? Is there someone in particular you want to ask out or are hoping will ask you out?

I don't mean this as criticism at all... just wanted to clarify some things in order to give better answers... Don't stress, and know you're definitely not alone.

I'm not here as much as I like (busy schedule) so don't give up... give it some time and I'm sure other people will be happy to respond to you.

N

Nicsk101

Hi Nicsk--good job on posting your first thread :).

Were you single and not dating for those two years? I mean, what kept you busy and apparently distracted from dating? And what is making you want to go back to the dating scene now? Is there someone in particular you want to ask out or are hoping will ask you out?

I don't mean this as criticism at all... just wanted to clarify some things in order to give better answers... Don't stress, and know you're definitely not alone.

I'm not here as much as I like (busy schedule) so don't give up... give it some time and I'm sure other people will be happy to respond to you.
Yes i was single and not dating for those two years.... in the beginning I was taking a break and then time just kept going. There isnt anyone in particular, and i probably just want to date again because it seems everyone around me is getting married or something lol to be honest. But it also seemed to me during that period that no one was really interested in me... so i just let it go.

M

MusicalMe

My BFF's first thread, I'm so proud!!!

It was typically two years in between boyfriends for me until 2007... and then it's been only about 3 months in between boyfriend since then (which means I'm overdue now... oh well, not a concern).

Except for once, I've never actively pursued a relationship. It always just kind of happens. I start talking to a guy or hanging out with a guy, we have things in common, we kinda like each other, we start dating...

So yeah, I don't really have any good tips for you, other than just make some guy friends.

S

SamIam

I believed nobody in their right mind would date me after i got divorced right... so i thought i didnt have to worry about getting back into that whole thing........ but lo and behold.. all the people i thought wouldnt date me would come up to me and say they like me alot against their better judgement, and some would all but beg to go out with me... true story, i even had a leader in my church come up to me and ask me to read this prayer outloud because she thought i was doing something to these people to make them like me as they did.......... I even had some married people come on to me......... very strange.. this kinda stuff has happend my whole life.... so i never had to worry about getting a date...

Last edited:

Sharp

May 5, 2009
that's like what Mr. Darcy said to Elizabeth. you need to stop dating pride and prejudice fans.

S

SamIam

i loooove that movie!!!!!!!

S

SamIam

I believed nobody in their right mind would date me after i got divorced right... so i thought i didnt have to worry about getting back into that whole thing........ but lo and behold.. all the people i thought wouldnt date me would come up to me and say they like me alot against their better judgement, and some would all but beg to go out with me... true story, i even had a leader in my church come up to me and ask me to read this prayer outloud because she thought i was doing something to these people to make them like me as they did.......... I even had some married people come on to me......... very strange.. this kinda stuff has happend my whole life.... so i never had to worry about getting a date...

ohh yes and i would like to clarify that i never ''did'' anything to these people to make them like me! so the prayer i said outloud didnt work lol

M

MusicalMe

ohh yes and i would like to clarify that i never ''did'' anything to these people to make them like me! so the prayer i said outloud didnt work lol
What was the prayer? "Dear God, please take away my raw, animal magnatism. Please help me stop being attractive to every girl in a 100 mile radius. Please help me stop liking getting caught in the rain and long walks on the beach. Amen."

N

Nicsk101

What was the prayer? "Dear God, please take away my raw, animal magnatism. Please help me stop being attractive to every girl in a 100 mile radius. Please help me stop liking getting caught in the rain and long walks on the beach. Amen."
BFF...So what you're saying is... If I pray this prayer of repellant (Like Sam)... I could in fact become that much more attractive! This ROCKS! lol I guess I need to prepare myself for all the men within a 100 mile radius to come and ambush me. lol jk

S

sweet_eyes

I musta been born with that prayer stamped on my forehead!!!...'looks in mirror'

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
*punches ticket* I'll have what they're all having, please :). The Prayer of Impossible to Resist Irresistibility.

Yahoo!!!

(Maybe I should get an extra phone in anticipation of all those calls for dates!)

F

Fri25

I think someone already said this above but really the best way to get into the dating scene is to get male friends meet new guys and then everything develops.

J

Jennifleur

*punches ticket* I'll have what they're all having, please :). The Prayer of Impossible to Resist Irresistibility.

Yahoo!!!

(Maybe I should get an extra phone in anticipation of all those calls for dates!)
Haha, this sounds like the perfect solution! Maybe I should pray that as well. :)