Getting God's Strength

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 16, 2017
-
Most Christians, the born again.......have issues with sinning and confessing and striving and feeling guilty.
So, does that sound like "God's Strength"?

So, why isn't it?
Its because all that is on you. You are doing all that. That's all of you. That's all your effort and willpower. That is you trying to manifest your own discipleship by SELF.
And Saint, there is no God in that. There is only you in all that failing, and that is why you fail.
Jesus said...>"Apart from me, you can do Nothing". And that is why you are doing nothing, trying to produce discipleship.

In Christianity, to "do NOTHING", while trying really hard to be good and do right, is to exit here....>"Apart from ME you can do NOTHING"......Jesus said, and most Christians are doing nothing, to perfection.
I bet you were taught by a do nothing that ..."Christianity is sinning and confessing so expect it".

The Apostle Paul was a "do nothing" at one point. And during that time he said he was "blameless in the Law".
He was also about to have a nervous breakdown because the harder he tired by His Self effort to to stop sinning, the more he became this.....>"""that which i would do, i dont do, and that which i dont want to do, i DO"'''.
So, that was Paul spinning his wheels of self effort doing nothing.
He was trapped by the "curse of the Law" which is this....>"The power of SIN......is the LAW".

Eventually he got these revelations......

1.) Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the Law
2.) "Apart from me , YOU can do NOTHING".

Which led Paul to write Philippians 4, that said....>"all my doing", all my worrying about law and commandments, all my trying to be GOOD, = "do nothing", and He labeled it "Dung".
Do you know what Dung is? That is what Paul defined all his willpower and self effort and striving against sin..... = "dung".
All his worrying about commandments and Law....."Dung"...... All His trying by self effort to be HOLY....."Dung".
And once he got to that revelation he found this....>"CHRIST always gives me the Victory".

Notice Saint that Paul said something very specific... He said that he was GIVEN the power to live holy..."VICTORY".
Then he wrote, "when i am weak, then CHRIST IS STRONG IN ME"....."then i am strong".......and so the more that Paul stopped trying to "Live it', and turned to God's Grace to find the POWER to overcome, the more he wrote like this...."It is not i who live,...(it is not me trying to be PERFECT) but its Christ in ME< who lives HOLINESS through ME"..
See that?..... That's my paraphrase, of what it means to rest in God's Grace instead of trying to be good.
Thats what happens when you stop trying to PERFORM for God, and learn how to EXIST in the Grace of God.

Look at Ephesians 6. It says....."be strong in the LORD and in the Power of HIS Might".......not yours. Not your willpower or your trying to be anything.

Listen.
You are trying to be perfect......And yet, think about this...........just how perfect is your perfection on your best day, as compared to GOD's Holiness?
Saint, your perfection, no matter how perfected, is like a dark stain on the Sun as compared to God's Righteousness.
See that?
So Stop trying to become what isn't even that good, when you compare it to God.
And once you see that, you'll begin to understand something about this verse....

You have become (born again) = """"The righteousness of God, in Christ""".

Now look at Isaiah 30. part of verse 15....."in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength".

Now, "quietness" in this verse means REST. And "confidence shall be your strength", means to have only confidence in your position in God's family as a Son of God, and a Daughter of Christ.
----------------------------------------

What causes failed discipleship and the sinning and confessing issue....?
It that you have not understood that you are trying to do, what has already been given to you as a Gift.
"the GIFT of Righteousness"....>"the GIFT of Salvation"
You are not yet walking in the renewed mind that exist here....

Romans 10: """"For Christ has already accomplished the purpose for which the law was given. As a result, all who believe in him are made right with God."""

You are trying to be good and be righteous and holy, instead of resting in the confidence and security found in knowing that God has already made you RIGHTEOUS.

See that?
You are already "the righteousness of God, in Christ." if you are born again, and not just water baptized.
You are already. "ONE with God"... You are already, "Made Righteous".... Saint, you have been given "the gift of Righteousness" if you are born again.
You can't become any more righteous, and you can't lose the righteousness you have BECOME.
See, your born again Spirit is JOINED TO GOD and CHRIST, and that is why you are as Righteous as they are....as how can you be a part of the HOLY SPIRIT and not be RIGHTEOUS?
See it?

Saint...You dont have to try to do it.
You only have to learn how to exist as KNOWING who you are "in Christ".
This is how you "work out your salvation"....its to understand who you are become "in Christ'". and live in that MIND,that is the renewed mind.
And when you do that, you are walking in the Spirit.
Its in this KNOWING, you find rest that God's Grace causes. And once you live there in your real faith, then like Paul you will begin to see this happen.....>"'""Christ always gives me the VICTORY"
This can only begin to happen when you learn to only see yourself as God sees you, at all time.
God only sees you as "made righteous"....>"the righteousness of GOD, in Christ"

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
-
Most Christians, the born again.......have issues with sinning and confessing and striving and feeling guilty.
So, does that sound like "God's Strength"?
If we are feeling guilty, then we are simply not accepting that Christ has freed us from our sin. When Christ forgives, it is as if we hadn't sinned, it is forgotten. We are free to live on as if we wee righteous people who never sinned.

I found a prayer shawl was a great help to hearing the God within me. It is blessed in Israel and very large. When I prayerfully put it over my head it seem to close out the literal world around me and I am alone under the shawl with my God. In the spiritual world that is part of our world, you really don't need a prayer shawl to do this.

Feb 16, 2017
If we are feeling guilty, then we are simply not accepting that Christ has freed us from our sin. When Christ forgives, it is as if we hadn't sinned, it is forgotten. We are free to live on as if we wee righteous people who never sinned.
I found a prayer shawl was a great help to hearing the God within me. It is blessed in Israel and very large. When I prayerfully put it over my head it seem to close out the literal world around me and I am alone under the shawl with my God. In the spiritual world that is part of our world, you really don't need a prayer shawl to do this.
Yes.
God has established us as His very own righteousness.
On the Cross, God as Christ "became" our sin, and our born again Spirit became God's very Righteousness.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
"Most Christians, the born again.......have issues with sinning and confessing and striving and feeling guilty.
So, does that sound like "God's Strength"?" a truth there amen!

Many years ago reading word on the bed.. in the margin said something to the effect if your heart convicts you..you won't get anything from God. I got off the bed and said "I quit" and I meant it. I said I quite my heart convicts me 24/7 (of sin). As I was leaving reaching for the door.. that sweet small voice asked me "what is righteousness?" I started to turn and said "ok ok.. righteousness is right standing with God". I will say.. thats what I heard lol. He then asked me "how do you get righteousness?" I said "by believing in Jesus". Wow.. it was like being blind then you can see.. I cried and cried.

I then went the word to make sure lol that was written. We are strong in the lord in the power of His might. Everything is Him. He has not given us the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind. We put on the whole armor of God. We have the joy of the lord. A the peace of God.. on and on. Everything is Him. He covers us head to toe. In every area of our lifes. Praise GOD glory to JESUS that our Father is faithful to what CHRIST has done. Thanks Kidron

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Saint...You dont have to try to do it. You only have to learn how to exist as KNOWING who you are "in Christ".
It does no one any good to present only HALF the truth.

So while the righteousness of Christ is indeed imputed to every believer, we all are commanded to work out our salvation with fear and trembling. Which truth you have conveniently ignored. We are also commanded to take up our cross daily, to crucify or mortify the flesh daily, and to examine ourselves daily.

Feb 16, 2017
It does no one any good to present only HALF the truth.
Then take your own advice and stop.
How about that?
Give that a try, ....as a change will do you good, Nehemiah6.

now, lets look at your self abused verse.

"work out your salvation"......

Here is how i teach this to my class.
I paraphrase the verse for clarity, because the word "fear" in the verse, is misinterpreted 100% of the time by all Legalists ., and by most believers.

I teach it this way.....>>"work our your salvation in awe and wonder".

See that?
That is what "fear" means, in the context of that verse.
Paul is not telling you to hide from God under your bed, sweating, in fear.
Why would any believer hide from "daddy"...."Father"..."Abba?

He is explaining this....

"work out your salvation"......means to learn how to exist within it......perfectly.
It does not mean you try to keep from losing your salvation, as the heretics teach.
See, the born again, have Salvation.......We have it.
Christ is in us, and that Proves we have salvation.

And we are to learn how to exist within it, perfectly, by faith, by discipleship, and theologically.
That is how you "work it out"...... See you work out, what you HAVE already.
The born again.....have this....."The GIFT of Salvation".
All the born again......have SALVATION........as their own GIFT from God.

Now........learn to work out what you have....... learn to exist within the Kingdom of God, correctly.
How to do this? You renew your mind, and learn a lot of New Testament, mostly Paul.
And you allow Jesus to live His power through you.
See all that?
Start there....
That is "working out your salvation"....and it takes time .
You can come to the revelation of all this much faster by listening to a good teacher, and you can be kept from the revelation of all this by a cult that pretends to be "Christian" and their fake ministers.

Feb 16, 2017

Very nice post.

And you mentioned "prayer shawls".

Have you been to Israel?
There are some beautiful prayer shawls you can find there, even in the old city.
You could spend a day shopping, just trying to find the perfect prayer shawl, as there are so many shops and so many beautiful shawls.
If you try it, don't forget your sneakers and a good camera.

Here is my City.........Netanya, Israel.
-
-

Oct 31, 2015
God only sees you as "made righteous"....>"the righteousness of GOD, in Christ"
There is a balance to these things, which can be summed us as ”legalism” and “lawlessness”.

The balance between “legalism” and “lawlessness”.

If we practice legalism or lawlessness, we will end up in the same place. The command the born again Christian is called to fulfill is to be led by the Spirit; so that we do not practice the works of the flesh. I agree with some of what you are saying, because trying to live the Christian life by our own power is fruitless, because we are walking around living inside a natural body that contains sin, yet we have a new born again nature that is to be filled with the Spirit; who leads us and guides into all truth, so that those who live by the power of the Spirit within, do indeed have victory, and dominion over the lustful desires that spring forth for our flesh.

Here is what the scripture says about your statement, concerning righteousness.

For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. 2 Corinthians 5:21

• that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

“Becoming” is the work of transformation, which each of us must learn to cooperate and be led by, the Spirit. We are called to be transformed into the image of His Son.

The way we live our life practicing righteousness is to walk according to the Spirit; the Holy Spirit who dwells within our inner man, rather than living our lives gratifying the sinful desires of our flesh.

Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. Romans 8:12-14

• but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
  • For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

JPT

Oct 31, 2015
Being a Christ rejector is the only reason a person ends up in hell.
Law and commandments, and lifestyle, have nothing to do with it.

Those who reject the doctrine, the commandments or the Gospel of Jesus Christ, have rejected Him; have rejected love, and have rejected God who sent Him.

He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 1 John 2:4

His commandments are written on our heart and mind.
His commandments are the way of love.

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
2 John 9

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, Hebrews 5:9

JPT

Feb 16, 2017
He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 1 John 2:4
Here is the commandment.......>"Jesus said......'""""" You MUST be born again".

If you refuse that commandment, you are this.......... John 3:36.

You'll go to hell.

Oct 31, 2015
Here is the commandment.......>"Jesus said......'""""" You MUST be born again".

If you refuse that commandment, you are this.......... John 3:36.

You'll go to hell.

Yes, of course I agree with that.

However, there are many more commandments that are written on our heart and mind.

Born again Christians who are liars, murderers, sexually immoral, and the like with have their part in the lake of fire.

He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” Revelation 21:7-8

JPT

Oct 31, 2015
Here is the commandment...

If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also. 1 John 4:20-21

• And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother

Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:15

JPT

Feb 16, 2017
However, there are many more commandments that are written on our heart and mind.

Stop talking about Commandments.
Talk about the Cross of Christ, as that is where you find your way to heaven.
John 14:6

Oct 31, 2015
Stop talking about Commandments.
Talk about the Cross of Christ, as that is where you find your way to heaven.
John 14:6

His commandments are about love; loving God and loving our brother.

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 1 John 5:2-3

After we kneel at the cross in submission to Jesus Christ as Lord, we are born again, and empowered by His Spirit so that we live our life in obedience to Him as Lord.

Born again Christians who are liars, murderers, sexually immoral, and the like with have their part in the lake of fire.

He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” Revelation 21:7-8

If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.
1 John 4:20-21

• And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother

Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:15

JPT

Feb 16, 2017
If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar;

If you are not born again, then you'll end up in hell a very honest commandment keeper.

Today, .....thousands of water baptized, commandment keeping.....nice people, died and went to hell.

Why?

Jesus said.....>"you must be born again".

Oct 31, 2015
If you are not born again, then you'll end up in hell a very honest commandment keeper.

Today, .....thousands of water baptized, commandment keeping.....nice people, died and went to hell.

Why?

Jesus said.....>"you must be born again".

We agree, you must be born again.

Born again Christians who do not keep His commandments goto hell.

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 1 John 5:2-3

After we kneel at the cross in submission to Jesus Christ as Lord, we are born again, and empowered by His Spirit so that we live our life in obedience to Him as Lord.

If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.
1 John 4:20-21