As I recall, 1. Hearing a message on the biblical account. 2. Coming forward before many witnesses to receive personal prayer like all the others (a couple doz). 3. While at the altar, my prayer partner prayed and laid hands on me to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit with the 'evidence of speaking in tongues'. He then began to coach using his own prayer language for a few seconds then back in English to encourage. Somewhere between 5-and-10 seconds, I went from English to an unknown tongue.If you have spoken in tongues before, please share, , how you were able to receive such gift.
June 1st, 1986 to present: After an extended duration, I admittedly began to feel myself being given to a draining sensation. I am aware of those who want to put this gift on a pedestal fearful of it somehow being corrupted from self-determination. Well, I'll put my near 40 yrs against your fear of that any day. For I stayed with it. What do I have to show for it? I do have a personal report on that same use of the gift for so long, for what it's worth, a subtle development but one I think users may find noteworthy. That is the interesting occasion of the instant, or sudden spout-off. I'm not saying this is new as such but in effect, moreso than at any other through the years. How do I respond? Like someone turned on the smile-inside feature, like finding one of your old favorite helper device, no laughter, no jumping up and down but, a more pronounced soothing surprise. Glory to God!If you have spoken in tongues before, , please share your experience here, ,''
Ever wonder, those of you who don't use this gift, that just maybe this isn't as fringe as suspected? Have you even tried to tarry at a Pentecostal assembly? They tend to gravitate to the flaming instrument stated, nice when you can find one who emits Jesus' great mercy. God bless.