Gifted but fleshy?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 9, 2011
ALL gifts and callings come from GOD and It rains on the good and bad but I was wondering what If a person had a gift less say acting and they could become the character In a true way as to Influence the person watching the act to really believe that that’s who that person really Is

What would be the thing for that person to do although It’s worldly since GOD gave them that gift.

It’s just something I thought about.

Dec 9, 2011
That wouldn’t glorify GOD though because I think acting Is closer to deceiving.
Maybe you’re talking about some preachers on ptl.
smile

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
That wouldn’t glorify GOD though because I think acting Is closer to deceiving.
Maybe you’re talking about some preachers on ptl.
smile
Well if ur good at acting that just means that you have a good control over you and how you act. Its not necissarily bad. It depends on how its used

Dec 9, 2011
Gifts come without repentance.Sometimes I wonder If people that are lying really believe they are telling the truth because they have good control over how they come across and I wonder If they can perceive If they are being believed.
I’ll admit I love watching a good actor/actress but I know to be able to do that Is not GODly character.
I guess I could ask,Is there such a thing as GODly acting?

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Gifts come without repentance.Sometimes I wonder If people that are lying really believe they are telling the truth because they have good control over how they come across and I wonder If they can perceive If they are being believed.
I’ll admit I love watching a good actor/actress but I know to be able to do that Is not GODly character.
I guess I could ask,Is there such a thing as GODly acting?
What about Christians who play fictional characters in Christian movies?

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I don't know what gifts that would be character building, so which do you have in mind?

Tongues might be if edifying produces it, but I can't see it.

But, truth says out of the heart, the mouth speaks. Eventually it would be seen. Another...God is not mocked. Wouldn't this be an affront to Him? Judgement could fall.