gifts, wanted and unwanted

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
what is the perfect gift anyhow.

wives what say you?
I think husbands are generally happy they dont have to cook, but a lot of men these days are really getting into cooking and taking over the kitchen lol

not my dad though. Mum disapproves of anything he tries to make for dinner.

Im born on mothers day, so I could boast *I* am the perfect gift and mum shouldnt ask anything more. Dad could just point to me and say 'I gave you our daughter'
I occasionally cook and also the full-time dishwasher and general cleanliness of the kitchen.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
well
I had this mini drama with an old friend who unfortunately, I seem to always have trouble with..the one who keeps dumping things on me but kindof frames it as giving me something she thinks I would like when I dont.

Its only because SHE was given something, didnt want it, and is now trying to give it away to me. Basically its an empty box.

lol

I said why not keep it or just fill it with flowers and give it to someone in hospital who doesnt have any.
oh no she cant do that.
instead she wants me to pick it up in my worktime. Im like sorry I dont have time or the room.

she kept going on and on about it till I was tired of it honestly! This was the same person who wanted to dump weedkiller in MY rubbish bin. I shouldnt have known she would pull a trick like that.

the other thing was, she also wanted me to deliver something else to someone else I'd never met. That lady can sure make big dramas out of the tiniest things...I sometimes hesitate to call her a friend when shes basically using me as a mule.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
well we did have the cooking class for my friends belated birthday gift so that was fun.
I thought we would actually do some cooking in it but no we sat and watched while someone else cooked and then we ate. It was great.

today im giving some donated books to a librarian who wants them, but im taking them to her not expecting her to get them from me. I also asked her first which ones she wanted, by giving the titles. Also said why im giving them away (duplicates, or too advanced for my readers) so I dont feel I am being pushy.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
oh man was given more clothes by t shirt friend she just kinda dumped some in the car and as I was driving I couldnt even try them on or anything.

I havent even had time to try them on and said well I dont know if they will fit and she just said 'oh they'll fit' lol

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
mums just dumped some pink pyjamas on me given by her friend.
I try and say no (i already have pyjamas) but she insists.

Ok I just accept anything and anything now, Pile it on.

btw if anyone has nice new bean bags to give away, you are welcome to give them to me.