Give and Take

  • Thread starter Thread starter FallingAway
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

FallingAway

Guest
If it's the season for giving, then is everyone taking?

Do you feel you're given something when you give? Or do you feel taken from when you give?

If giving means someone else is taking and taking from someone means you've been given to

Then is everyone a taker?
 
When I give I give joyfully and expect nor desire anything in return, if one feels like they have been taken from when giving then they are not giving with the right heart.

The reason for the giving and the heart behind it is what makes the difference classifying as a giver or taker doesn't mean anything
 
When I give I give joyfully and expect nor desire anything in return, if one feels like they have been taken from when giving then they are not giving with the right heart.

The reason for the giving and the heart behind it is what makes the difference classifying as a giver or taker doesn't mean anything
It shouldn't.
 
I just give freely because i know what it's like to not have... I was given freely, so freely i give without having any expectations of receiving anything...I remember when i was about 7 my mom got upset at me because i donated all of my money to one of those meals for hungry kids things instead of buying the 2 action figures i wanted..but yea.. its not about getting stuff, its about who we serve.
 
I just give freely because i know what it's like to not have... I was given freely, so freely i give without having any expectations of receiving anything...I remember when i was about 7 my mom got upset at me because i donated all of my money to one of those meals for hungry kids things instead of buying the 2 action figures i wanted..but yea.. its not about getting stuff, its about who we serve.
She got upset, hmmm.
 
I just give freely because i know what it's like to not have... I was given freely, so freely i give without having any expectations of receiving anything...I remember when i was about 7 my mom got upset at me because i donated all of my money to one of those meals for hungry kids things instead of buying the 2 action figures i wanted..but yea.. its not about getting stuff, its about who we serve.
in the same boat buddy for the longest time my mom would hold my money because I would give it all away lol
 
Be led by the Lord in your giving----don't have a grasping spirit---- Love, but discern....
 
God is the original giver---- before the foundations of the world Christ died for us---- when I got saved out drugs ect. --- one of the first things I wanted to do was give...