Global warming or upcoming ice age

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

stilllearning

Oct 4, 2021
dramatic weight shift I was refering to where by the centre of mass would change dramatically.

Which is illustrated in a the tennis racket illustration.

Dramatic weight shift change could occur if global melt down rapidly accelerates causing a rapid change.

The reason why the earth rotation is consistent is because any changes are gradual and the centre of mass changes are gradual with it.

Well if you put a rapid change into equation what happens.

Scientist are scared a rapid meltdown of ice caps could occur.
What weight shift? If I melt ice in a microwave vs letting it melt on my countertop there is no changing of the weight due to how fast or slow it melts. Your premise is based on if something gets heavier on one side than the other it will throw off the balance of weight or center of mass. However, if the weight is the same in both states how are you gaining or losing weight by it changing forms since in both forms the weight is a constant or remains the same?

So how does a rapid melt or a slow melt change weight since it remains the same through the process? It is like the old trick question which weighs more a pound of feathers or a pound of iron? They weigh the same as it does not matter what solid state they are in as a pound weighs the same whether it be feathers or it be iron.

So since we are talking water and it weighs the same in both states. How does changing it's state add weight and how does changing the speed by which it changes state add weight?

Dec 18, 2023
How is there a weight change? A pound of water as a liquid weighs the same as a pound of water as a solid or ice. A solid displaces a liquid as they can't share the same space. Such as a ship it displaces water so that it can float on water.

Water as a solid such as ice it gains more mass in a solid state since water when it freezes it expands. Why I am curious for one they think that the melting ice would raise the level of water. As the level of water would be slightly higher due to the part that is solid. Like a glass full of ice and water as the ice melts then turns into a liquid state again it just fills up the space that was displaced.

So we never have to fear if we fill a cup full of ice then water it never comes running over the side as the ice melts. So my curiosity is since in both states the weight remains the same whether a solid or liquid. How is the weight changing so that it can throw off the center of mass?
global tipping points there called 😊

Dec 18, 2023
What weight shift? If I melt ice in a microwave vs letting it melt on my countertop there is no changing of the weight due to how fast or slow it melts. Your premise is based on if something gets heavier on one side than the other it will throw off the balance of weight or center of mass. However, if the weight is the same in both states how are you gaining or losing weight by it changing forms since in both forms the weight is a constant or remains the same?

So how does a rapid melt or a slow melt change weight since it remains the same through the process? It is like the old trick question which weighs more a pound of feathers or a pound of iron? They weigh the same as it does not matter what solid state they are in as a pound weighs the same whether it be feathers or it be iron.

So since we are talking water and it weighs the same in both states. How does changing it's state add weight and how does changing the speed by which it changes state add weight?
Antarctica is losing over 150 billion cubic metric tons tons of ice a year,

What would happen if that trippled

Think of tipping points.

https://science.nasa.gov/resource/video-antarctic-ice-mass-loss-2002-2023/

August 23, 2023
The Antarctic ice sheet's mass has changed over the last decades. Research based on satellite data indicates that between 2002 and 2023, Antarctica shed an average of 150 billion metric tons of ice per year, adding to global sea level rise.

Can't go on thinking nothing wrong

😊😊😊😋😋😋😋😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

stilllearning

Oct 4, 2021
Antarctica is losing over 150 billion cubic metric tons tons of ice a year,

What would happen if that trippled

Think of tipping points.

https://science.nasa.gov/resource/video-antarctic-ice-mass-loss-2002-2023/

August 23, 2023
The Antarctic ice sheet's mass has changed over the last decades. Research based on satellite data indicates that between 2002 and 2023, Antarctica shed an average of 150 billion metric tons of ice per year, adding to global sea level rise.

Can't go on thinking nothing wrong

😊😊😊😋😋😋😋😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

If it is a 150 metric tons a year now if it tripled? Oh if it tripled it would be 450 metric tons ;)

Billyd

May 8, 2014
More damage to the earth's rotational stability is the result of the depletion of the ground water supply in India and surrounding countries than from any other source.

The sea level is rising a bit because of the melting ice coming from areas that are above sea level. Floating ice melts don't directly affect sea level.

Dec 18, 2023
More damage to the earth's rotational stability is the result of the depletion of the ground water supply in India and surrounding countries than from any other source.

The sea level is rising a bit because of the melting ice coming from areas that are above sea level. Floating ice melts don't directly affect sea level.
well 150 billion tons of added water to earth's crusts each year over 20 years is a lot of weight being moved from one point.

Do we know how much weight we can afford to lose from one spot where it's normally permanently fixed, before it effects rotational orbit.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
well 150 billion tons of added water to earth's crusts each year over 20 years is a lot of weight being moved from one point.

Do we know how much weight we can afford to lose from one spot where it's normally permanently fixed, before it effects rotational orbit.
Much of the land based melt water will run off into the oceans. I don't believe that it will effect the earth's rotation. The runoff will effect the ocean currents and the sea water chemistry. This in turn will effect the global weather patterns.

The main problem caused by shifts in rotation is GPS. Orbits of the satellites must be adjusted for any changes.

Dec 18, 2023
Much of the land based melt water will run off into the oceans. I don't believe that it will effect the earth's rotation. The runoff will effect the ocean currents and the sea water chemistry. This in turn will effect the global weather patterns.

The main problem caused by shifts in rotation is GPS. Orbits of the satellites must be adjusted for any changes.
well if you combine water depletion as in ice, then add earth depletion as natural resources all over combined with gravity black holes in the earths crust emerging as well, what have you got then

I would say a ticking time bomb.

The fact that the first time in History rotational speed is slowing down has huge implications with something that is perfectly balanced

Dec 18, 2023
Put yourself in the penguins mind and say the words time is slowing down

https://news.sky.com/story/human-dr...t-how-we-measure-time-study-suggests-13102985

The melting of ice in Greenland and Antarctica is said to have slowed the rotation of the Earth because it has changed where the planet's mass is concentrated.
Wednesday 27 March 2024 21:24, UK

Image:Melting ice in Antarctica is said to have slowed the Earth's rotation. Pic:
Why you can trust Sky News
The melting of polar ice due to human-driven climate change has slightly slowed the Earth's rotation - and it could affect how we measure time, according to a study.
Although the disappearance of the ice has reduced the speed of the planet's rotation, the Earth is still spinning a bit faster than it used to.

The overall increase in speed means that for the first time in history, world timekeepers may have to consider subtracting a second from our clocks.
This means clocks may have to skip a second - called a "negative leap second" - around 2029 to keep universal time in sync with the Earth's rotation, according to the study published in the Nature journal.
If it wasn't for the impact of melting ice, the time change would have been needed three years earlier in 2026.

May 27, 2023
there no such thing as global warming,:)

Sounds like FUZZY LOGIC
The writing is blowing in the new 21st century New Zealand tornados, and it is getting washed out in the new binge 21st century summer floodings.
Climate change!! Why not hit the target and say Global warming
? Why do we have people that want to keep their head in the sand.

Early 2023 it was reported on New Zealand TV news that sea temperatures are rising, HOW CAN sea temperatures rise if the earth is cooling?
So we get higher water temperature and faster water evaporation. But they do not talk about rising temperatures in thousands of water dams or lakes around the world.
More Clouds,
It either comes down as heavier snow to make it look like the planet is getting colder or heavier rain in the middle of summer, so we get added stress and added stress from a chemical toxic world.

Or is it people are just too lazy to put warmer clothing on in the middle of winter. Try this out in the middle of winter walk around Auckland CBD for example Karangahape R, you will see people outside choking the footpath space sitting at tables drinking hot drinks with heaters beaming down on them, then go inside you will see the place empty and the place is warmer.

GREAT, so now with heavier snow, heavier summer rain, not only that people are dying like flys inside because it is too hot to go outside in a summer heatwave, as been reported around the world.

And where is most of all this sea rise gone apart from land disappearing into the sea, many countrys around the world have build water dams to soak up the melting ice from up the mountains, & NZ lost good farming land that was been labelled as earthquake risk and there is many other examples

Just before the French revolution for some strange reason back in the 18th century, François-Marie Arouet Voltaire (1694-1778) a French Enlightenment writer, historian and philosopher said;
“If there’s life on other planets, then the earth is the Universe’s insane asylum.”

Come to Auckland CBD you will see my point. Auckland is putting the city into bankruptcy so people living out west can save 5 minutes on the train using underground rail while people wanting to go across Auckland harbor bridge have to go on a waiting list during peak hour travel to cross the bridge.

It looks like Voltaire had some kind of 21st century visionary powers.

May 27, 2023
English man Sir David Attenborough gave misinformation, whenever I heard him talking about global warming (Global warning) he always talked about the ice at the poles melting, I never once heard him talking about ice up in the mountains melting, If the planet was cooling then the ice up in the mountains would not be melting so fast. That must be why it is easyer to climb up Mount Everest today.

Wait for a couple more months, sad as it sounds people will be dying by the dozen each day in the summer heatwaves in the northern hemisphere, Paris, France is one city that had people dye.

There was a lady who found out a jar of CO2 gas heated up faster than a jar of standard air in 1856, nobody believed her only because she was a woman until a male repeated the same experiment a few years later.

USA Florida land is getting taken over by sea, as well as Pacific islands, there used to be a lake up in the mountains in south America, people used to go fishing, now all there is derelict fishing boats at the edge of a desert.

Where has all the water gone?
China built the biggest hydroelectric dam flooding land,
Clyde Dam is the one, NZ flooded good farming land during think big projects. end of 1970's
I was told by a Russian about 15 years ago, if you use google earth you can see railway tracks and train stations in one of russia water dam.
CE of Michigan near Ludington on Lake Michigan. They pump water up the hill during non peak hours into a water dam and let it turn the turbines when it runs down hill during peak hours of electricity usage.
There is five to start with, no doubt that could be just the tip of the iceberg

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
English man Sir David Attenborough gave misinformation, whenever I heard him talking about global warming (Global warning) he always talked about the ice at the poles melting, I never once heard him talking about ice up in the mountains melting, If the planet was cooling then the ice up in the mountains would not be melting so fast. That must be why it is easyer to climb up Mount Everest today.

Wait for a couple more months, sad as it sounds people will be dying by the dozen each day in the summer heatwaves in the northern hemisphere, Paris, France is one city that had people dye.

There was a lady who found out a jar of CO2 gas heated up faster than a jar of standard air in 1856, nobody believed her only because she was a woman until a male repeated the same experiment a few years later.

USA Florida land is getting taken over by sea, as well as Pacific islands, there used to be a lake up in the mountains in south America, people used to go fishing, now all there is derelict fishing boats at the edge of a desert.

Clyde Dam is the one, NZ flooded good farming land during think big projects. end of 1970's
I was told by a Russian about 15 years ago, if you use google earth you can see railway tracks and train stations in one of russia water dam.
CE of Michigan near Ludington on Lake Michigan. They pump water up the hill during non peak hours into a water dam and let it turn the turbines when it runs down hill during peak hours of electricity usage.
Yes, sea level has risen around 5 inches in the last 120 years.

Also glad you mentioned the gorges dam because when that was built it slowed the earth's rotation. Interesting how they try and blame the melting ice without taking into account the three gorges dam.

Meanwhile earthquakes have increased worldwide by 1,000% since 1950 but let's not talk about that because it doesn't fit your climate catastrophe narrative.

May 27, 2023
Oh I forgot when my mother was a young lady (teenager during world war 2) she said she could walk out to a lighthouse in Auckland at low tide, now at low tide it would be good if one was a good swimmer.

Dec 18, 2023

actually you are mistaken

Mountain range glaziers are melting all over the world

I have lots more videos if you want them

Heres one

May 27, 2023
Dont screw me over because you are a dictator
I said "WHENEVER I HAVE SEEN ....... " I did not say I saw all of them
dont call me a lair