global warming will destroy the Earth

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ralfyman

Jun 15, 2019
It won't destroy the Earth but will cause a lot of ecosystem damage.

Ohm

Mar 4, 2018
Dude, I’m not gonna play this game. Research the stuff yourself. You wanna believe this lie and be taxed out the wahzoo knock yourself out!

I KNOW it’s a hoax designed to deceive, and anyone who wants to listen I’ll tell them. But not guys like you that aren’t interested in anything but promulgating the hoax. Take care

Besides, you have a MUCH BIGGER problem by not believing and accepting Jesus as your Savior.
I always thought this level of misinformation was a parody or a satire, but it seems it actually exists!
Wow.

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
I read a fascinating book last night about the formation of the planets. The various NASA probes that have been sent to Venus and Mars confirm that at one point, both had liquid water in abundance. In Mars' case its soil still contains around 3% ice, which was frozen when Mars' atmosphere was stripped away by solar winds (it is about half the diameter of Earth and thus its core, which generated an electromagnetic field, went cold and solidified, which thereby removed its electromagnetic field and hence its protection from the sun's harmful cosmic rays).

But more interesting is the case of Venus, a planet approximately the same size as the Earth. Venus also once had liquid water, but its atmosphere had considerably more CO2 than Earth's (which has mostly nitrogen and oxygen), causing it to warm exponentially due to the effect of CO2 trapping heat. The surface of Venus is now hotter than the surface of the sun, due to what's called a warming cascade. . It is essentially that the build-up of CO2 and the release of methane and other hydrocarbons causes the average global temperature to rise, which precipitates evaporation of water. The water vapour then holds even more heat, and so the cycle continues until the planet becomes so hot it is uninhabitable. This is the phenomenon that climatologists fear will happen to the Earth.

Largely, the reason why Earth, as opposed to Venus, has not undergone such a warming cascade so easily is because Earth's atmosphere is mostly nitrogen and oxygen (due to plants and various algae and bacteria which can convert CO2 into oxygen and which release other nitrogen compounds, which causes cooling. Venus did not have that luxury). With the dramatic increase in atmospheric CO2 in the last 100 years on Earth, however, it is not hard to imagine that by cutting down trees, polluting oceans (thereby killing much life), and releasing copious more amounts of CO2 and hydrocarbon gasses, that this warming cascade could more easily take place on Earth. This is why cutting CO2 emissions, cleaning up oceans, and planting more trees, are positive steps to ensure the health and sustainability of our planet, otherwise there is a risk that the levels of warming gasses get too high and cause the Earth to exponentially warm up, rendering it uninhabitable long before it was due.
I think you read a fascinating book alright! Let's review. Some science speculated that Venus may have had water at one time. It's plausible, they supposed, but it's not a provable fact which you're making it out to be. Also, Venus atmosphere is 100 times more dense than Earth's. Plus it's incredibly dense cloud base is made up of sulfuric acid. Once more, it's atmosphere is so dense that sunlight and heat doesn't even reach its surface. Plus Venus is about 27 million miles closer to the sun. And where did anyone come up with the ideal that Venus' surface is hotter than the sun? No. It is not.

Also - what methane and other hydrocarbons did Venus have? Methane is largely biological - there's some geological but very little. Hydrocarbons? What hydrogen? What water?

Look - the book you read may be very factual in some areas and interesting in theory or a good speculative study and I, too, feel as though we are stewards of the earth and therefore responsible for its well being as much as we can. But this is exactly this kind of "basing an entire premise off a "fact" that is only speculation" that has permeated the global warming community and degraded its credibility. There was a IPCC chief (can't remember his name) with a quote something like " there has got to be a balance and degree of importance between what language is effective and that which is fact"

You indicated that global predictions were largely accurate. Here's an article - one of about a thousand I've read, that might help contradict that.
https://www.thenewamerican.com/tech...ts-have-been-wrong-about-virtually-everything

I can't reasonably say global change is not happening. No one can. I can, however, agree that man is playing a big role in a negative way. I personally believe it's mostly due to farming techniques - something like what we experienced in the great plains in the 30's except on a global scale. Here's a video briefly explaining the desertification of the earth largely due to poor farming. I believe this deserves study because it could literally create jobs, feed the poor, and create a more stable environment globally.

I believe in God of Israel and Jesus Christ is my savior by His Grace and I believe God created our planet as all planets and created it in such a way as to balance all life giving principals by the spinning of His mind. He made our earth a virtual garden of Eden. I believe a holistic, God led approach to life and farming and human production could be encouraged, learned and taught in the same way scripture very neatly outlines in our Holy Bible.

Please remember that our wisdom is God's folly and I believe some of these green deal ideas for "fixing" our global change problems would have catastrophic effects on most and deadly effects on the poor.

K

Karraster

I agree with your sentiment that's a good call out and I agree with it. That said, it's not something I would use willy nilly unless I had a reason for the other party to trust me. On the contrary, they can trust me because it's something I know about.

As for my vision, it was more of just a thought really. But one based on what's going on now. I just see a future where people are increasingly drenched in more and more electronic radio waves which is very dangerous for our minds and bodies. I can see how old hairy legs wants to use technology to blur the lines between right and wrong. All the while soaking us in electromagnetic radio transmissions which cause a whole manner of health complications.

Look I'm not the tin foil hat type. I only talk about things I know to be fact. Have you see how 5G works and the damage it can do? The lower frequency millimeter waves used in 5G can cause major skin, eye, and nervous system problems. In later years/decades, we'll have 6G, 7G etc (or maybe something else completely). Until then, like the damage we caused to the earth and our bodies through burning fossil fuels, we'll be zapping ourselves more and more until cities basically just become too dangerous to enter let alone live in. Kinda like Chernobyl.
Indeed we do not fully understand the long term effects of exposure to modern technology. Are you aware then, that Lloyd's of London excludes coverage for RF/EMR claims? Follow the money I always say, what do they know that we do not?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I always thought this level of misinformation was a parody or a satire, but it seems it actually exists!
Wow.
That’s funny, I always KNEW your level of indoctrination was real! That’s why it’s pointless to converse with deceived true believers in the Global Warming Hoax!
Now how about believing and accepting Jesus?

Ohm

Mar 4, 2018
I think you read a fascinating book alright! Let's review. Some science speculated that Venus may have had water at one time. It's plausible, they supposed, but it's not a provable fact which you're making it out to be. Also, Venus atmosphere is 100 times more dense than Earth's. Plus it's incredibly dense cloud base is made up of sulfuric acid. Once more, it's atmosphere is so dense that sunlight and heat doesn't even reach its surface. Plus Venus is about 27 million miles closer to the sun. And where did anyone come up with the ideal that Venus' surface is hotter than the sun? No. It is not.

Also - what methane and other hydrocarbons did Venus have? Methane is largely biological - there's some geological but very little. Hydrocarbons? What hydrogen? What water?

Look - the book you read may be very factual in some areas and interesting in theory or a good speculative study and I, too, feel as though we are stewards of the earth and therefore responsible for its well being as much as we can. But this is exactly this kind of "basing an entire premise off a "fact" that is only speculation" that has permeated the global warming community and degraded its credibility. There was a IPCC chief (can't remember his name) with a quote something like " there has got to be a balance and degree of importance between what language is effective and that which is fact"

You indicated that global predictions were largely accurate. Here's an article - one of about a thousand I've read, that might help contradict that.
https://www.thenewamerican.com/tech...ts-have-been-wrong-about-virtually-everything

I can't reasonably say global change is not happening. No one can. I can, however, agree that man is playing a big role in a negative way. I personally believe it's mostly due to farming techniques - something like what we experienced in the great plains in the 30's except on a global scale. Here's a video briefly explaining the desertification of the earth largely due to poor farming. I believe this deserves study because it could literally create jobs, feed the poor, and create a more stable environment globally.

I believe in God of Israel and Jesus Christ is my savior by His Grace and I believe God created our planet as all planets and created it in such a way as to balance all life giving principals by the spinning of His mind. He made our earth a virtual garden of Eden. I believe a holistic, God led approach to life and farming and human production could be encouraged, learned and taught in the same way scripture very neatly outlines in our Holy Bible.

Please remember that our wisdom is God's folly and I believe some of these green deal ideas for "fixing" our global change problems would have catastrophic effects on most and deadly effects on the poor.
I choose to believe PhD scientists and professors instead of your arguments (which are frankly completely narrow. Venus was not always as it was; elements behave differently at difference temperatures etc: what I see from you is poor understanding). Feel free to post your scientific qualifications if you have an argument. But saying "no" to each argument, is not an argument.

Ohm

Mar 4, 2018
That’s funny, I always KNEW your level of indoctrination was real! That’s why it’s pointless to converse with deceived true believers in the Global Warming Hoax!
Now how about believing and accepting Jesus?
Look up the word indoctrination.

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
I choose to believe PhD scientists and professors instead of your arguments (which are frankly completely narrow. Venus was not always as it was; elements behave differently at difference temperatures etc: what I see from you is poor understanding). Feel free to post your scientific qualifications if you have an argument. But saying "no" to each argument, is not an argument.
All the info I provided was pretty elementary stuff. I mean, here's a link from NASA about Venus saying the same thing if that will help you. Try to remember that any speculative thinking on how things might have been millions of years ago is very subjective and not fact. It's fun, but just opinion.

https://www.nasa.gov/audience/forstudents/5-8/features/F_The_Planet_Venus_5-8.html

oh, and also, the temperature of the sun is just shy of 10,000 degrees F. Venus is about 860F

K

Karraster

Highly reflective dense clouds cover Venus and reflects the sunlight like a mirror.
It looks more like energy, or frequency vibration with the P1000.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org

Yes 17Bees, you have hit the nail on the head. We should thinks about how everything we do affects our environment. There are far worse things than global warming or cooling threatening our lives. Dumping chemicals onto our crops and improper storage of chemical waste is very harmful to our environment. It is all driven by money making.

They say the developed world waste about a third of the food they process while the third world goes hungry. We could do a lot better for the poor. Instead the drive for money and power precludes mankind from getting any better. If we don't do more about preventing nuclear war, that is what will most likely threaten our lively-hood. :cry:

Ohm

Mar 4, 2018
All the info I provided was pretty elementary stuff. I mean, here's a link from NASA about Venus saying the same thing if that will help you. Try to remember that any speculative thinking on how things might have been millions of years ago is very subjective and not fact. It's fun, but just opinion.

https://www.nasa.gov/audience/forstudents/5-8/features/F_The_Planet_Venus_5-8.html

oh, and also, the temperature of the sun is just shy of 10,000 degrees F. Venus is about 860F
No, the temperature of the corona is about 10,000 degrees, not the surface. You're another one who doesn't read, as much as assume.

I prefer to take my information from scientists, who are informed and qualified.

Ohm

Mar 4, 2018
Do you know what the Gospel unto Salvation is? I’d be glad to give it to you!
PennEd, this is a threat about global warming. It is not about my political or religious beliefs. Nor yours.