Go and sin no more

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 11, 2016
Interesting. Man is just dirt, so the parallel between writing the law in dirt and in our hearts.

Yes, that was sort of what I was trying to compare there, seeing we are made from the first man being of the dust of the ground. Showing first man (and first covenant) in the presence of the last man Christ (and new covenant). In the first (as shown in Moses) the finger of God writing on tablets of stone. But even people are shown to have hearts of stone (that would be removed). In the later (as shown in Christ) even the covenant (after being lifted up) would again stooped back down to write (even in that picture) on the ground. Speaks of writing his laws in their minds and hearts. Not so much on tables of stone but fleshly tables of the heart. I was just looking at the picture in an "overall sense" of what Christ was doing, in various ways of trying to prove out the picture and sometimes you can catch one and othertimes not, but I had reserve wouldnt put much merit on that because of my question to you. But it likely wouldnt contradict anything, although I was questioning my approach (between that which is under the law and that which is without) and the principals shown in the ones which shew the work of the law in their heart (in that accusing and excusing) which they were doing in that picture (but under the law) until Christ wrote. Thats what made me look at it overall, but it speaks of having your names written in the earth (and in heaven) but the way it spoke of him writing on the ground (and they heard it) seemed to indicate an inward work there. Nothing set in stone there (pun intended) but it might be how I will do a drive by over a thing or two when thinking about it. And I am perfectly fine chicken scratching in the dirt too, so that is just as fine by me also.

S

Scriptureplz

People like to take on the role of the Holy Spirit today. They condemn the actions of others but never look to themselves as having come short. The thing is, we all come short, and always will. Our only hope is in Him! Some come to that realization through hearing the Word and the Spirit and are saved, others just hear "if I am trying to be obedient then I'm good enough".

We don't even know what our sins are until we are saved. Not all sin is doing, probably most of our sins are those of omission. Self righteousness has a way of blinding us of those sins. When as Christians we come to the point that we know we can't do it on our own and just rest in Him giving Him full control of our lives, then He can bring the change in us that He desires.

D

Depleted

People like to take on the role of the Holy Spirit today. They condemn the actions of others but never look to themselves as having come short. The thing is, we all come short, and always will. Our only hope is in Him! Some come to that realization through hearing the Word and the Spirit and are saved, others just hear "if I am trying to be obedient then I'm good enough".

We don't even know what our sins are until we are saved. Not all sin is doing, probably most of our sins are those of omission. Self righteousness has a way of blinding us of those sins. When as Christians we come to the point that we know we can't do it on our own and just rest in Him giving Him full control of our lives, then He can bring the change in us that He desires.
Nah! Experience talking here. God jams changes onto me even before resting in him or giving him full control. He's taking me to Nineveh knowing I'll be ready to do what he asked me to do a while ago, even while I'm busy trying to figure out how to get out of this incredibly squishy, hot, humid, bleaching-my-skin-away fish stomach. He doesn't even need our consent, because he has ways of getting us to the point of saying, "Sure, Lord. I wanted to do that all along."

Jan 27, 2013
Deuteronomy 19: Laws Concerning Cities of Refuge

4 "This is the provision for the manslayer, who by fleeing there may save his life. If anyone kills his neighbor unintentionally without having hated him in the past---5 as when someone goes into the forest with his neighbor to cut wood, and his hand swings the axe to cut down a tree, and the head slips from the handle and strikes his neighbor so that he dies---he may flee to one of these cities and live

11 "But if anyone hates his neighbor and lies in wait for him and attacks him and strikes him fatally so that he dies, and he flees into one of these cities,

he who, is without sin, cast the first stone.

would throwing stone be intentional. i know ,what the law said, just wondering, about this being in scripture. and who would have known this, given the time in history, when not everyone had a bible. etc

P

PurerInHeart

I was always curious what Jesus was drawing in the dirt and why he was drawing in it
I think He was responding to thier impatience.

Feb 9, 2010
most don't realize they brought her to Him to trap Him, You see they were testing Him to see whether or not he really knew the law... ( Lev 20:10
And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, evenhe that committeth adultery with his neighbor's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death. you see these people didn't care about her life or the law, they wanted to trap our Savior... I believe what he wrote on the ground was "where is the man" then each from the eldest to the youngest dropped their stone and walked away convicted in there sin...
Jer_17:13 O LORD, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, and they that depart from me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the fountain of living waters.

Or else Jesus was writing their name in the earth,although I do not know.