Maybe I don't EXACTLY know what you are feeling but I can sort of understand the frustration of constantly putting up with those who try to push/drag you down, who try to hurt you and even speak against what you try to teach them about God. I go through this on a daily basis. In these types of situations when I am dealing with these kinds of people, when I get worked up and angry, I would like nothing more than to lash out at them and tear them down and then later complain about them to others. Its then when I'm in a dangerous zone. I start to feel restless and agitated. Its then when I become self centered and shows I do not care because I worry more about me than the fact that this person against me could be so lost.
The following is a message from a preacher I came across and would like to share with you all. ♥ JMO
If you are not careful you'll let life speak louder than truth. You'll let all the things that are falling away, perishing and that don't matter..MATTER, and you'll miss the truth. And one day you'll stand before God and look into His firey eyes of love and realized you believed all the wrong things. You let what people said matter, what people didn't say matter, what happened matter, and what didn't happen matter instead of what He did on that cross because that is where you live your life from. Everything flows from there, if you don't start where He finished you will never run well. If you let how your feeling, how you're doing, how people are treating you and how life is going determine who you are..we are ALL in trouble because no one has it all together. If you feel sorry for yourself than you are already finished. The things that are happening to you are happening to your brothers and sisters all over the world.
Could you imagine Jesus going to Golgotha, beaten beyond description and this Barabbas thing is going through His mind? Its just like the straw that breaks the camel's back. "How could they relase Barabbas for me? All I've done is heal, ... (and then Jesus starts thinking for Himself) all I've done is heal their sick, cast out devils, I've raised the dead." All the sudden Jesus is thinking of His good works and how He has laid down his life for the people and all He hears is "Barabbas, Barabbas" and then He starts thinking rational and all the sudden He is building a case for His feelings. Building a case and intelluct and all the sudden He drops the cross. He says, "God I am not doing this anymore, are you kidding me for them? What do they care? I've healed their sick, I've cast out devils I've raised the dead! They call me a demon possessed samaritan! They released Barabbas! Are you kidding me? He has murdered, he is a trouble maker! I've done nothing but good, they can't even see. God they don't even love you! I am not dying for these deceived people, I'm done!"
Jesus would be totally right and justified in our eyes. We would be villians and He would be a victim. So if those words sound foolish in the mouth of Jesus and that mindset is foolish in the mouth of Jesus then it will sound just as foolish in yours because you are made in HIS image. The only reason we have learned to think that way, and the only reason we've learned to talk that way is because Adam ate of the tree. Adam did not just sin but he took on the nature of God's enemy. Every man since then was born into Adam and you must be born again. Jesus never said "If any man come after me say a prayer to get to heaven". He said "If any man come after me let him first deny himself." Why? Because you were never made for you friend, you were made for the image of God. If you live for you it is the biggest, tragic misuse of your created value. Its the same as putting metal in the microwave you'll just destroy it. The microwave was never made for metal and just as this is true, you were never made for yourself. If you live for yourself long enough you'll ruin the product. You will have an alibi, you'll have excuses for where you are and who you are. Your (negative) reasons for where you are or where you are not have nothing to do with the Lord.
I'm not here to negatively spread the word of God friends, this is family talk. Don't be deceived and let life sneak up on you. Let life flow out of you.
Ephesians 6:10-18 (full armor of God)~ Dress in it daily.
Others have sinned against you :
Genesis 50:15-20 Matthew 6:14-15 18:21-35 Colossians 3:12-14 James 2:13
An unforgiving spirit leads to bitterness, anger, and resentment. A heart with such an attitude cannot have true fellowship with God. Not holding grudges allows a state of mind that is ready and willing to forgive. Reconciliation is the goal, and if there cannot be reconciliation, a willingness to forgive must be maintained. There can be no excuse for withholding forgiveness from others (Matthew 5:22–24).
Time and again, Scripture calls us to forgive one another. Ephesians 4:32, for example, says, “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.” We have been given much in the way of forgiveness, and much is expected from us in response (see Luke 12:48). Though forgiveness is often difficult, to be unforgiving is to disobey God and to depreciate the greatness of His gift.
The following is a message from a preacher I came across and would like to share with you all. ♥ JMO
If you are not careful you'll let life speak louder than truth. You'll let all the things that are falling away, perishing and that don't matter..MATTER, and you'll miss the truth. And one day you'll stand before God and look into His firey eyes of love and realized you believed all the wrong things. You let what people said matter, what people didn't say matter, what happened matter, and what didn't happen matter instead of what He did on that cross because that is where you live your life from. Everything flows from there, if you don't start where He finished you will never run well. If you let how your feeling, how you're doing, how people are treating you and how life is going determine who you are..we are ALL in trouble because no one has it all together. If you feel sorry for yourself than you are already finished. The things that are happening to you are happening to your brothers and sisters all over the world.
Could you imagine Jesus going to Golgotha, beaten beyond description and this Barabbas thing is going through His mind? Its just like the straw that breaks the camel's back. "How could they relase Barabbas for me? All I've done is heal, ... (and then Jesus starts thinking for Himself) all I've done is heal their sick, cast out devils, I've raised the dead." All the sudden Jesus is thinking of His good works and how He has laid down his life for the people and all He hears is "Barabbas, Barabbas" and then He starts thinking rational and all the sudden He is building a case for His feelings. Building a case and intelluct and all the sudden He drops the cross. He says, "God I am not doing this anymore, are you kidding me for them? What do they care? I've healed their sick, I've cast out devils I've raised the dead! They call me a demon possessed samaritan! They released Barabbas! Are you kidding me? He has murdered, he is a trouble maker! I've done nothing but good, they can't even see. God they don't even love you! I am not dying for these deceived people, I'm done!"
Jesus would be totally right and justified in our eyes. We would be villians and He would be a victim. So if those words sound foolish in the mouth of Jesus and that mindset is foolish in the mouth of Jesus then it will sound just as foolish in yours because you are made in HIS image. The only reason we have learned to think that way, and the only reason we've learned to talk that way is because Adam ate of the tree. Adam did not just sin but he took on the nature of God's enemy. Every man since then was born into Adam and you must be born again. Jesus never said "If any man come after me say a prayer to get to heaven". He said "If any man come after me let him first deny himself." Why? Because you were never made for you friend, you were made for the image of God. If you live for you it is the biggest, tragic misuse of your created value. Its the same as putting metal in the microwave you'll just destroy it. The microwave was never made for metal and just as this is true, you were never made for yourself. If you live for yourself long enough you'll ruin the product. You will have an alibi, you'll have excuses for where you are and who you are. Your (negative) reasons for where you are or where you are not have nothing to do with the Lord.
I'm not here to negatively spread the word of God friends, this is family talk. Don't be deceived and let life sneak up on you. Let life flow out of you.
Ephesians 6:10-18 (full armor of God)~ Dress in it daily.
Others have sinned against you :
Genesis 50:15-20 Matthew 6:14-15 18:21-35 Colossians 3:12-14 James 2:13
An unforgiving spirit leads to bitterness, anger, and resentment. A heart with such an attitude cannot have true fellowship with God. Not holding grudges allows a state of mind that is ready and willing to forgive. Reconciliation is the goal, and if there cannot be reconciliation, a willingness to forgive must be maintained. There can be no excuse for withholding forgiveness from others (Matthew 5:22–24).
Time and again, Scripture calls us to forgive one another. Ephesians 4:32, for example, says, “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.” We have been given much in the way of forgiveness, and much is expected from us in response (see Luke 12:48). Though forgiveness is often difficult, to be unforgiving is to disobey God and to depreciate the greatness of His gift.