God’s little faces mods please post this one ☝️ please

  • Thread starter Thread starter kqr_anointed
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kqr_anointed

Guest
““Because you are precious in My sight, You are honored and I love you, I will give other men in return for you and other peoples in exchange for your life.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭43‬:‭4‬ ‭AMP‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/1588/isa.43.4.AMP

God wants to make a deal with you 🙂

““The Lord your God is in your midst, A Warrior who saves. He will rejoice over you with joy; He will be quiet in His love [making no mention of your past sins], He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.”
‭‭Zephaniah‬ ‭3‬:‭17‬ ‭AMP‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/1588/zep.3.17.AMP

Prophet Zephaniah loves you 🙂
 
““Because you are precious in My sight, You are honored and I love you, I will give other men in return for you and other peoples in exchange for your life.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭43‬:‭4‬ ‭AMP‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/1588/isa.43.4.AMP

God wants to make a deal with you 🙂

““The Lord your God is in your midst, A Warrior who saves. He will rejoice over you with joy; He will be quiet in His love [making no mention of your past sins], He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.”
‭‭Zephaniah‬ ‭3‬:‭17‬ ‭AMP‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/1588/zep.3.17.AMP

Prophet Zephaniah loves you 🙂
It is important to read verses from the bible in their context. Whom was Isaiah 43:4 addressed to? If we look at the surrounding verses we see it was Old Testament Israel:

“But now, thus says the LORD, who created you, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you. For I am the LORD your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I gave Egypt for your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in your place. Since you were precious in My sight, You have been honored, And I have loved you; Therefore I will give men for you, And people for your life. Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your descendants from the east, And gather you from the west;” (Isa 43:1-5 NKJV)

Nothing there about God "making a deal" with them. God says what He has done, and what He will do. He created Israel. He redeemed them. They were His. He will be with them when they pass through the waters, and so on. So it is wrong to apply those words to everybody who might read them on this forum, though of course for Christians there is a fulfilment of those promises in Jesus Christ.

Similarly with Zephaniah 3:17, here in its context:

“Sing, O daughter of Zion! Shout, O Israel! Be glad and rejoice with all your]heart, O daughter of Jerusalem! The LORD has taken away your judgments, He has cast out your enemy. The King of Israel, the LORD, is in your midst; You shall see disaster no more. In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem: “Do not fear; Zion, let not your hands be weak. The LORD your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.”” (Zep 3:14-17 NKJV)

Again, the verses are not addressed to all and sundry, but to the "daughter of Zion." And there is nothing in the verses about the prophet Zephaniah loving anybody (though I am sure he did). It says the He (God) will quiet the daughter of Zion with His love.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dino246
I like the amplified version because it puts words in my mouth I'm so thankful

Thanks for responding
 
I like the amplified version because it puts words in my mouth I'm so thankful

Thanks for responding
Fine, but even the Amplified Version doesn't have Isaiah addressing everybody in the verse you quoted, or Zephaniah expressing his love for people alive today. That is why I said what I did about the importance of context.
 
““Because you are precious in My sight, You are honored and I love you, I will give other men in return for you and other peoples in exchange for your life.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭43‬:‭4‬ ‭AMP‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/1588/isa.43.4.AMP

God wants to make a deal with you 🙂

““The Lord your God is in your midst, A Warrior who saves. He will rejoice over you with joy; He will be quiet in His love [making no mention of your past sins], He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.”
‭‭Zephaniah‬ ‭3‬:‭17‬ ‭AMP‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/1588/zep.3.17.AMP

Prophet Zephaniah loves you 🙂

Today, this be done in Son as risen for us all to stand in belief to, no matter what troubles happen to us all, you think, I think, now know, after going through the troubles first as Job in the book of Job went through. Seeing all others go through this too, thank you Father for allowing me to go through troubles and not deny you either, thank you, I am dependent on you, seeing that last chapter of Job for us all
 
  • Like
Reactions: kqr_anointed
Zephaniah3-17s.png

Zephaniah 3 v 17 The LORD your God is among you; He is mighty to save. He will rejoice over you with gladness; He will quiet you with His love; He will rejoice over you with singing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: kqr_anointed
Fine, but even the Amplified Version doesn't have Isaiah addressing everybody in the verse you quoted, or Zephaniah expressing his love for people alive today. That is why I said what I did about the importance of context.

That's a great point thank you
 
  • Like
Reactions: DavidLamb
Today, this be done in Son as risen for us all to stand in belief to, no matter what troubles happen to us all, you think, I think, now know, after going through the troubles first as Job in the book of Job went through. Seeing all others go through this too, thank you Father for allowing me to go through troubles and not deny you either, thank you, I am dependent on you, seeing that last chapter of Job for us all

Amen 😍🙏
 
I think the verse can apply to today just as much as it did back then