God and adultery

  • Thread starter Thread starter Keepingittogether1
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Keepingittogether1

Guest
So the wife has had three different affairs over the years during her episodes of mania, I forgave her but trust now is another story. I believe God says to always forgive but adultery is also grounds for divorce in gods eyes. It's hard trust that she won't cheat again, any advice..
 
Keepingittogether1 - please post this under the Christian Family Forums for advice.
 
MarvelousLight;bt17042 said:
Keepingittogether1 - please post this under the Christian Family Forums for advice.
thank u for that
 
I understand my brother that you feel the way that you feel, I will surely pray for you.

You said you believe GOD but do you trust him?
Do you trust that GOD is GOD and there is no other? Would you believe that GOD may be working on her as we speak or even better working on you.

If you are asking what should do from your spirit, I say trust GOD. But if your asking from your flesh (heartache, pain, suffering) then I say TRUST HIM EVEN MORE.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
 
I would think that some one would trust in God's obvious actions, God is saying ,"I am not working on her, as I never worked on Judas, he was not my child, she is not my child, It is time for you to drop her like a hot potato before you catch ads and die. adultery is grounds for divorce. If you choose to play the roll of Hosea, and love her in her unfaithfulness, then don't wine about it. Just suffer, in the will of God for you. Love to all whose love is true, and not true.
 
Hoffco;bt17051 said:
I would think that some one would trust in God's obvious actions, God is saying ,"I am not working on her, as I never worked on Judas, he was not my child, she is not my child, It is time for you to drop her like a hot potato before you catch ads and die. adultery is grounds for divorce. If you choose to play the roll of Hosea, and love her in her unfaithfulness, then don't wine about it. Just suffer, in the will of God for you. Love to all whose love is true, and not true.

Actually GOD did work on Judas; it was GOD'S plan for Judas to commit the acts that he perpetrated against Jesus. Scripture teaches us this.

[h=1]Romans 9:20New King James Version (NKJV)[/h]20 But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, “Why have you made me like this?”

[h=1]2 Timothy 2:20New King James Version (NKJV)[/h]20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay, some for honor and some for dishonor.

Judas was considered common use, as was Pharaoh and even perhaps you or I.

God's plan doesn't include human reasoning or thinking so it would be in all of our interest to trust in HIM and lean not to our own understanding.

[h=1]Proverbs 3:5-6New King James Version (NKJV)[/h]5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.